General Music Thread

Anyone here the new Soulja Boy song?
Thank God, no!

Seriously, I hate it how these little snotty teenagers make millions off a couple of lines rapped over a beat they didn't even make!

Anyone got the new Eminem album? Its pretty good, probably on par with The Eminem Show. Better then Encore. Favourite songs so far are Insane, My Mom, Beautiful and Underground. Now he finally has something to rap about again it sounds like hes putting more into his rhymes. Some of the stuff he spits on Underground is just spine-tingling. Gotta love the "insane" beat on Insane, Dre back to his best.

Thank God, no!

Seriously, I hate it how these little snotty teenagers make millions off a couple of lines rapped over a beat they didn't even make!

Lol that's pretty much exactly nickasaur!, which i'm listening to now lol. Except he doesn't make money because he is just a myspace sensation and his voice is clearly edited because he does techno.

omfggzz we like to party!

Ah I just re-discovered Rakim. Amazing flow and lyrics, despite the rather repetitive 80s beats.

Was cleaning my room the other day and found my old Arctic Monkeys Brianstorm EP with the B side track 'Temptation' that Dizzee collabs on. I was in love with the song when I first heard it and now i'm re-in love with it. I have to say though, the Arctics have some fo the best B-sides in the business. Cigarette Smoker's epic as well;

YouTube - Arctic Monkeys - Temptation Greets You Like You Naughty....

Can't wait for the new album out August 24. Gonna be there best yet i think, alot different from the other two which is great.

Arctic Monkeys FTW.

Oasis tomorrow.:cool: Should be class, good setlist (from what they played the other night anyway), just hope there's not a repeat of what happened on Thursday night. Looking forward to Kasabian and The Enemy too.:) Not looking forward to my exam on Monday morning after that though.:(

Just got Phoenix's new album "Wolfgang Amadeus Phoenix." It's one of the best albums I've heard in the last 5 years - it's brilliant. This is the first single from it: YouTube - Phoenix - Lisztomania

Brilliant stuff.

Anyone got the new Eminem album? Its pretty good, probably on par with The Eminem Show. Better then Encore. Favourite songs so far are Insane, My Mom, Beautiful and Underground. Now he finally has something to rap about again it sounds like hes putting more into his rhymes. Some of the stuff he spits on Underground is just spine-tingling. Gotta love the "insane" beat on Insane, Dre back to his best.

From what I've heard of it, it's a little hit and miss in my books.

I picked up Pez's album (he's Australian, right?) the other day and have enjoyed it. I still struggle to enjoy any hip hop after Pac and Biggie, but I don't mind Pez at all.

Oasis were class. Managed to get a wristband to get in the front bit so had a decent view (along with a hair full of beer:p), not sure how far the back bit went back but must have been far to fit in 70k. Kasabian were very good (especially as it went on) and the Enemy were good as well. Twisted Wheel were ok, preferred them live to their album actually.

Got my summer of music lined up now

Blur
Supergrass
Ash
Kings of Leon
Arctic Monkeys
Radiohead

then hopefully muse if i can get any tickets closer to the time :crying

Rock on

Im disappointed. The bands I wanna see either aren't touring world-wide and just nationally (Blink-182) or are touring around Halloween (Green Day). I've got tickets for Green Day, but would love Blink to tour, which I reckon will be Christmas time or early '10, as they have a new album out later this year.

Oh and Good Charlotte have got a new one out this year too :D

So good releases, bad times when wanting to see most live!

Partly agreed. The line-up at Leeds as a whole is pretty poor this year; i'm pretty much just going for the occasion.

Yer reading lineup isnt great is it but Faith No More getting announced on monday and a few more download bands. Pretty uninspiring.

Id like to congratulate you matt aswell for getting me into kasabian a few years ago by constantly bumming them cant get enough of them now.

Users who are viewing this thread