General Music Thread

Noel Gallagher quits Oasis.

Oasis News

:( Very disappointing, looking forward to seeing if Noel's gonna do some solo work now, his 'Dreams We Have As Children' album is very good. Interesting as well to see if Liam goes on with the Oasis name.

Have been really hooked on some vintage Pink Floyd lately. Can't seem to get enough of Animals and Wish You Were Here. Pigs (Three Different Ones) is just so cool.

Anyone heard some of the new Muse album? I have heard United States of Eurasia and Uprising and, whilst many people don't like the new direction, I think it is sounding great. USOE sounds quite Queen-ish, and I have read the album has definite Queen influences with Freddieesque vocals. Should be good!

I can't stand United States of Eurasia, so annoying, slow and boring.

Anybody listen to Franz Ferdinand much?

I've started to warm to their music a lot more.. I like some of their newer stuff a lot.

Anyone heard some of the new Muse album? I have heard United States of Eurasia and Uprising and, whilst many people don't like the new direction, I think it is sounding great. USOE sounds quite Queen-ish, and I have read the album has definite Queen influences with Freddieesque vocals. Should be good!

I'm really looking foward to it. I've only heard a half of Uprising on the radio. Can't wait to get the new album!

I can't stand United States of Eurasia, so annoying, slow and boring.

It is admittedly something a bit new, but then again all bands need to do new stuff. From what I have heard, the album is quite varied, so there should be something for all.

Take a look at 'MK Ultra', or 'Unnatural Selection'. Probably their top two songs on the album. They are probably floating around youtube somewhere.....

Another question to y'all music lovers.

Does anybody like 80's synth pop? Classic Depeche Mode, New Order, etc.?

Or is it just me.. :(

Muse's new album is awesome, I'd say USOE is probably one of my two least favourite on it but the rest is really good, I love the three part symphony at the end.

Love Franz Ferdinand, their first album was sweet, I didn't really like the second but I think their latest is really good but it has been criticised for being a bit samey as their old stuff, I can see why really. Also the last two songs on the album, Dream Again and Katherine Kiss Me I think are irrelevant, it could have ended beautifully on Lucid Dreams.

3rdly, I do like those old 80s electrosynth stuff, I think La Roux's updated it pretty reasonably, listening to DM especially, they sound so so dated. Also I really love Blue Monday, just sayin'

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread