General Racing Games

Ollie_H

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
I hope they still have the Career mode! I always love playing that.

D

Deleted member 9102

Edit: Chris Gayle

Last edited by a moderator:

Maxkarter

Battrick Tournament Host
That's the thing, why buy a F1 game if you don't want a realistic experience? Afterall, that's all that the Sony versions were offering, an F1 game for the sake of it, without proper realism attatched.

rFactor isn't all that hard, granted you would be better of with a wheel, but with the plethora of mods available you can easily find something challenging enough to drive yet still have fun. The base physics of rFactor would almost be perfect for an F1 game, the AI would have to be done from scratch, but take rFactors physics with a few tweaks and it would be good enough.

An ultra-difficult sim would be GPL, I can't vouch for realism, but it's mega hard to go fast in it safely.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
I'm looking forward to the F1 game now, as long as it takes skill to play and you are forced to use the proper racing lines and the handling is believable i'll be happy...

Should look amazing too if the graphics are anything like GRID...

There hasn't been a decent F1 game on PC since GP4 (RFactor mods apart), so I hope this comes through for us.

it is going to be a sim, that has been confirmed

Have you a link with that information?

I hope they still have the Career mode! I always love playing that.

They damn well better - what's an F1 game with no career mode?

harrisb

International Coach
just search f1 2009 video game in to google, you'll soon find loads of info.

at the moment i'm trying to find out when it comes out, the date keeps changing, it was supposed to be today, but they knocked it back a couple of weeks, this is probably so that they can put the driver changes in, like fisi at ferrari.

i remember playing f1 99 i think, and they had the 3 ferrari drivers, because of schumi's crash.

hopefully we will be able to see the driver changes in the game, and an option of which of the 3 drivers you want to be when you start a race, so we can still be massa, and beat him with hamilton.

Sureshot

Executive member
The Codemasters game is being released next year with this seasons content iirc. I think the Wii/PSP versions are being brought out around now.

Sureshot

Executive member
30th of October.

Correction to earlier.

F12009 will be PSP and Wii release from Codies. Next gen consoles will then get F12010 next year.

harrisb

International Coach
sureshot, there is no official release date, check the codemasters forums

Stephen Bailey

Executive member
Profile Flag
England
Hey ladies (and Kev), I've got a couple of questions.

1. Who here has rFactor? I know a couple of you have so don't hide. :p

2. If you do have rFactor, would you be interested in doing some league racing?

I'm in the process of setting up a league that is more geared towards European time zones so if you're interested feel free to check out Sim Race Online or more specifically, this thread. If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask here.

treva

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
1) I have, as you know, mainly because you helped me sort it all out when I first got it.

2) I would love to but there are a few major problems:

A) I suck.
B) My steering wheel doesn't really work that well (I had to tape it down to cardboard, stick it in front of the comp and weigh down the cardboard with heavy books to make sure it doesn't move).
C) I haven't played in a very long time.

If there was enough interested could there be like a Rookie kind of separate race or similar to the BTCC have a second leader board for rookies despite racing in the same race?

I would also need to get some serious practice in with the right cars ect.

Users who are viewing this thread