Gilchrist raises retirement talk!

Yeah, Hayden won't be able to be replaced that easy your right. But a Rogers/Jaques combination is another difficult left handed combination. I think your underestimating Rogers and Jaques. They are Domestic Cricket veterans who know their Cricket well. They will do fine. The England side you posted might challenge Australia in a Test or two. But the team I posted is one that is for in a years time. I dont see Harmison there, Shah and probably Sidebottom - also Prior<Haddin. Haddin is a better gloveman then Gilchrist, and at the moment I would say he is the better batsman as well. At Gilchrist's point in his career, I dont see him that much better then Haddin. Also, behind Haddin we have the young Luke Ronchi who could play ODIs in a year or so.
Hayden's (been one of only acouple in the modern era) almost played 300 First-Class games and has been averaging over 50 in FC for well over 15 years while Jaques & Rogers combined together have only just played over 200 FC games at the age of 30.

I think Jaques will be as good Langer, if not a tad better while Hayden's always been great and has been our best opening batsman ever while I think Rogers just went through a purple patch in his career but overall he isn't good enough to compare to Hayden.

As Indian I will like Hayden, Gilly and Ponting to retire after the Sri Lanka series and then we will have new world dominators in India.........:)

Yes he does, he has great fitness, ability to get a hard hitting OD innings or rescue the innings and his keeping superb.

Yeah but how many times have we seen this, amazing player at county level...flops at International level. I don't think he will be as solid as Gilly, I may be wrong as I havn't seen much of Haddin...

Australia are playing Haddin more these days because they know Gilly is getting old. He will definately make way for Haddin in ODIs soon. But remember Haddin is also not getting young. Aren't there other WK in Australia??

There is Luke Ronchi, who apperently hit a hundred in under 30 balls (correct me if I'm wrong) he looks a promising one as well as Tim Paine who despite being an opening batsmen can keep.

Why would he want to retire. He recently is voted best OCI player for Australia.
If he wants to retire he should do so from test matches and not so in ODI where he can still kill bowlers of the world.

I don't see Gilly retiring that close to the Ashes unless he has a long term injury problem. He'll go after the Ashes if his body allows him to go for that long.

As Indian I will like Hayden, Gilly and Ponting to retire after the Sri Lanka series and then we will have new world dominators in India.........:)

First they have to improve their fielding :)..

No team in world can match pur batting line up. The aussies are only bully on home surface. We have just beaten England in England which no one can do. It was all due to good batting and bowling. Our fielding is not good but we catch almost everything and that means batsmen are out.

Indian fast bowling is not Top class compare to Pakistan or Australia.

You dont need fast bowlers but good steady bowlers. We won in England, SA and West Indies with these bowlers only.

No team in world can match pur batting line up. The aussies are only bully on home surface. We have just beaten England in England which no one can do. It was all due to good batting and bowling. Our fielding is not good but we catch almost everything and that means batsmen are out.
Australias batsmen are better than India's. In Jaques and Hayden they have the best openers in the world, in Ponting the best batsmen although he's not in the topform and in Hussey a man who averages 80+. Symonds is one of the most destructive batsmen in the world, Gilchrist also in that bracket and an average nearly touching 50. Thats not mentioning Clarke too! Basically Australia have the better batting lineup especially considering 3 of Indias big names will be retiring in the near future. Th only reason the Aussies failed to beatus in England was because they came up against an incredibly rare thing, a fit England side! India's bowling is good but not enough to dominate the worlds batting lineups yet.

Australias batsmen are better than India's. In Jaques and Hayden they have the best openers in the world, in Ponting the best batsmen although he's not in the topform and in Hussey a man who averages 80+. Symonds is one of the most destructive batsmen in the world, Gilchrist also in that bracket and an average nearly touching 50. Thats not mentioning Clarke too! Basically Australia have the better batting lineup especially considering 3 of Indias big names will be retiring in the near future. Th only reason the Aussies failed to beatus in England was because they came up against an incredibly rare thing, a fit England side! India's bowling is good but not enough to dominate the worlds batting lineups yet.

We only fear Hayden and Ponting. Rest all can bully Sri Lanka attack but we dont worry abt them. Beside no body will get Dravid out in the next series.

Users who are viewing this thread