Gilly's Catch Record?

BONED!

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Does anyone know how close to the world record for catches Gilly is? Last I saw was during the 2nd test he was maybe 7 catches away from the record. And with 2 catches already in the 3rd test I am wondering just how close to the record he is, or whether he beat it whilst I was on a beer break?

7 dismissals mate, not catches.

For catches record, he has another 25 to get to equal Boucher.

He needs another 15 stumpings to equal the record for most stumpings.

No matter what happens he is certainly not going to have wicket keeping records as Boucher is too young for him.

You mean he won't hold the record for long. It's unlikely that he will fail to overtake Boucher, who had 86 dismissals before Gilchrist debuted.

However, it's all irrelevant, as few sporting records will never be broken by someone. The best you can do is to simply become the record holder while you are playing.

Did Boucher debut before Gilchrist? That doesnt seem right.

Boucher seems to have been playing forever now. I'm not surprised because he debutted at a very young age and cemented his spot in the South African side after Dave Richardson.

Yeah Gilly will never beet Bouchers record as Boucher still has a good 5 years in him or maybe even 6 or 7??

Yeah Gilly will never beet Bouchers record as Boucher still has a good 5 years in him or maybe even 6 or 7??

IIRC Boucher is still a young guy for International Cricket.

EDIT - He is 31, so no matter what Gilchrist ends up with Boucher will be miles ahead at the end of their careers.

Unless Boucher gets dropped, but SA wouldn't drop him unless he really gets into horrible form and then it's probaly of to AB de Villiers to keep or Morne van Wyk ..........

You gotta admit, Gilly's keeping has really been top notch this test. 3 superb diving catches, only of which 2 were given out, and a couple of other catches. Let's not forget his 55 which helped saved Australia from an embarrassment.

Gilly playing at 45 is about as likely as Shane Watson finding fans outside his family.

Users who are viewing this thread