gleeso73 Retro Teams

Plotinus

Associate Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
I'd imagine with the academy too they would've had stats on how much of the retro kit items were used. Plus with having the ECB/CA licenses, the focus was more put towards making content which satisfied license holders, as a game under the name "Ashes Cricket" or "Cricket 19" with the launch windows they had doesn't really scream out "retro cricket" the same way "Don Bradman" did.
I do think that it is a pity that retro cricket wasn't more deeply considered this time round. The inclusion of a scenario editor is a fantastic addition but, surely, the first thing that would occur to anyone would be to recreate classic match positions from earlier years. It was a great opportunity to reintroduce retro cricket options.

pinku

Associate Captain
@blockerdave even though we know Bigant do check this forum regularly i still feel any requests on twitter have a better chance as i have asked for things on twitter before and they have been done over the years (some of them not all). Even the odd thing i didn't get a reply for were also fixed at some point. Considering so many improvements they have done, i feel retro stuff they can bring back for sure (hopefully they may add it in a patch if they see enough demand) as it was already there in a previous game.

I will tweet them regarding this also.

gleeso73

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Australia
@gleeso73 - i've downloaded a few of your teams now: top top work.

An interesting observation I have: a lot of the players come through with "censored" names, most or all of them are players who were in some of the historic on-disc teams in prior games that i currently can't see in the academy: e.g. the bodyline players... i wonder if these are linked to the BA-shipped scenarios which i also can't see in the academy?

I noticed that, no idea why ‘censored’ comes up, that’s possibly the reason. Seems to have happened with the early Australian and England teams I made. Hope it’s rectified.

I’ve got PTSD from seeing ‘censored’ on all teams and the logos wiped on DB17.

Last edited:

gleeso73

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Australia
I’m going to unshare and re-share and see if that works.

warpfactor

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
According to Matt in the main game discussion thread, the censored issue is related to the game being pre release and should be fixed tomorrow.

Oregonian

Club Captain
Profile Flag
United States
i guess that the underlying art models changed, and they didn't see the point in updating the retro ones... i guess they haven't so much removed them as not done the additional work to keep adding them.

understandable i guess as it's a niche pursuit, but from my own personal perspective it's a real shame. i love the retro kits
To be honest I miss those retro kits and gears. I love to play classical cricket games. I Just hope BA include them in the future iteration of the game. I feel like there is no point in playing classical games without retro gear. Thanks for your great contribution.

gleeso73

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Australia
To be honest I miss those retro kits and gears. I love to play classical cricket games. I Just hope BA include them in the future iteration of the game. I feel like there is no point in playing classical games without retro gear. Thanks for your great contribution.

Just a single button-up shirt and trousers would’ve been good. I assume that since the Bradman Foundation’s involvement with the games has declined, the focus on historical themes has reduced.

Anyway, I’ve been playing cricket games since World Cup Cricket on the Commodore Amiga in the mid-80s, so these current games with the ability to create players, teams and stadiums I consider a blessing.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Hi @gleeso73 - i have created a number of additional world xi WSC players (likes of Amiss, Rice, Procter, Abbas etc.) so I could play a tri-series without overlapping the windies players...

I’ve also added a few players to the 1930s squads so I can have the correct body line lineups (was missing 1 England player and a few Aussies). If you’ve no objection I will share these on the academy too?

These teams and uniforms are absolutely awesome by the way - top work mate!

gleeso73

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Australia
Hi @gleeso73 - i have created a number of additional world xi WSC players (likes of Amiss, Rice, Procter, Abbas etc.) so I could play a tri-series without overlapping the windies players...

I’ve also added a few players to the 1930s squads so I can have the correct body line lineups (was missing 1 England player and a few Aussies). If you’ve no objection I will share these on the academy too?

These teams and uniforms are absolutely awesome by the way - top work mate!

That’s great @blockerdave, the more players the merrier :)

Users who are viewing this thread