Good Bye India.

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
What does that have to do with anything?
He didn't get a second life. He looked like getting out at the beginning of his innings but he never actually gave an opportunity.

Doesn't change the fact that he looked clueless at the crease attempting wild slogs that would have flown into the sky had he got hold of 'em.
Doesn't change the fact that after he was settled the bowlers looked clueless as to where to bowl to him. Even Nannes, who had such a great first spell, was smacked by Rohit in his second spell.

--

All I'm saying here is that there is no need to take away credit from the player just because he is Rohit Sharma or because he was scratchy at the beginning of his innings. He looked outclassed at the beginning, there's no doubt about it. But he wasn't given a lucky reprieve--he didn't give the Aussies a single half-chance to get him out. And once he got in, he played the bowlers with more ease than any of our top order batsmen. The only problem I have with your whole argument is you pretending that Sharma's innings didn't have any positives at all. He had a poor start, but he more than made up for it.

sohum added 0 Minutes and 50 Seconds later...

The whole thing is over, and they are still posting here
The whole thing is over, but you are still hanging around the World Twenty20 forum. Hypocritical much?

moris.green

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Sorry guys for adding up a bit late in this thread. Well India's performance was shocking . Which is worst is Dhoni's captaincy . His side selection is absolute wrong . He needs to take some suggestion regarding captaincy from Saurav Ganguly.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Sorry guys for adding up a bit late in this thread. Well India's performance was shocking . Which is worst is Dhoni's captaincy . His side selection is absolute wrong . He needs to take some suggestion regarding captaincy from Saurav Ganguly.

Ganguly never took the right decisions always. He too made similar mistakes like Dhoni. Ganguly wasnt a perfect captain. He had that attitude to be a very successful captain which he eventually was. He had that 'in your face' attitude and was very aggressive with his body language and highly emotional (and backed his players to the hilt). India went through a peak period where Ganguly clicked big. But there was also a period when everything went downhill and it led to the leaving of Wright and eventually Ganguly.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
BCCI to act against players for nightclub brawl | Cricket News | ICC World Twenty20 2010 | Cricinfo.com

Not surprised at the involvement of players like Yuvraj and Jadeja. But the other names in the list came as quite an astonishment for me.

Seems like Vijay, Chawla, Yuvraj, Zaheer and Nehra got into the act of defending Jadeja and led themselves into it. I am sure Yuvraj would have been the most vocal and the most abusive of the lot against those fans who taunted Jadeja. Its sad because the fans have instigated the guys (ask those guys to get into the shoes of these players and play) and now the guys will have to pay for it. Hope they are let off with small fines or similar.

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
He would have been targeted for his fail-alaity, Yuvraj and Nehra as well. They probably all just cracked.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Why Jadeja? Is he a bad boy in addition to being just bad?

It seems Jadeja was targeted for his disastrous performance by the drunk Indian fans when they went to that hotel. Maybe Jadeja retaliated back or maybe he is being punished for being the reason why this all happened (which would be very stupid!).

moris.green

School Cricketer
Well India's performance in T20 World Cup was very disappointing . What strikes me most is Dhoni's strange team selection

LongLegs?

Club Cricketer
Yeah, I do agree with you. If that is the case, why did they select Virat Kohli (Of course, I do know that he's a player who deserves place) an year back (to Sri Lanka)? I reckon he din't even play one complete domestic season before he debuted for India in ODI's.

I don't say that keep on selecting ManP, I say select even him. Give a chance at tender age and check out whether he can withstand to the conditions or not. He had a great season of IPL II on African Turf. Even Pitches of Zimbabwe are almost similar to the pitches of South Africa. The opponent is Zimbabwe. Murali Vijay already has experience of playing against Australia, South Africa.

Many odds prefer Manish Pandey to Murali Vijay. And thats the main reason I prefer ManP to Vijay.

Manish Pandey is in the India A team that's going to tour UK. A much better experience than going to play against Zimbabwe. Playing against West Indies A, who have a good number of talented players, and England Lions, against bowlers like Woakes and Harris(I was hoping Finn would play because he would really be a good test for our batsmen, but seems like he's in contention to play for the actual England team). He could gain a lot from this.

Virat Kohli didn't just get thrown into international cricket, I think he was called up during his second season. Kohli's credentials didn't only include brilliant domestic numbers until his call-up(which included some great knocks under pressure), but he also had done well in the Emerging Players Tournament in Australia - where the bowlers from most teams did well - Tyagi did really well for India - but, it was Kohli who was probably the standout batsman in the tournament in all teams. He also captained India to the U-19 title, and had an amazing U-19 record. A lot of players had better U-19 records than Pandey, who didn't do that well in the U-19 World Cup either. Kohli's performances were instrumental to India winning that title. I don't think anyone can question Kohli's selection, and he's also done well on the international scene so far.

@ this whole pub thing - hasn't the manager denied that it happened? Then, why are the BCCI penalising the players based off media reports? I think the whole curfew that the BCCI set is probably a bit too much in the first place. The incident hasn't been confirmed officially afaic.

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Insulting/teasing cricketers off the field is just harsh IMO. Sports is not getting the treatment of sports is what I can sense whatever it is - People's reaction ( going mad ) or players' attitude ( going sluggish without team spirit on the field ) or BCCI's attitude ( put their tongue for any source of money & mixing up politics ) :p

Users who are viewing this thread