Good Bye India.

Params7

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
He was even better in domestic test matches before IPL. Was one of the best bowlers for Mumbai if not the best in their vs RoI exhibition match I think.

Aditya

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Agarkar was good in the IPL for KKR.
We either need agarkar or pathan kinda player in the team!

When was Agarkar bowling well for KKR in IPL? I remember batsman smashing him all around the park in all the 3 seasons. Sorry to say but he is past. As far as Pathan is concern whenever he comes to Indian team he either gets injured or his bowling is very poor. Pathan should concentrate on his bowling or batting. He can't be an all rounder, the fitness matters for an all rounder and Pathan isn't fit enough to be an all rounder. If Pathan takes wicket in a twenty match for ex 2 wickets then he will give 35 runs approximately in his 4 over?s. We need to give new bowlers a chance, Ishant wasn't too bad but he played too many matches and his body stopped supporting him. With too many matches played these days it?s hard for a bowler to survive but then how other team bowlers survive? That means that there is something wrong with Indian bowlers. Our selection committee needs to give new bowlers a chance or else our team bowlers will continue getting smashed all over the park and we will continue our bad run in ICC world cups.

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
But what I heard from some people saying stuff like "Rohit was the only man who could take on the Aussies" is completely rubbish.

It wasn't just luck he got at the start of his innings, he was completely CLUELESS against some good bowling. And then later he took advantage of wayward bowling and suddenly people are saying that he can play good bowling on a bouncy pitch.

He played an innings which is very misleading.
You're missing the distinction--that he stuck it out through the tough period an then made hay while the sun shined. No one implied that he dominated the Australian bowlers on a bouncy track--he just played slightly more intelligent cricket than the rest of our players. Just by cutting out the mis-timed pull/hook shot, he played better cricket than the rest of our top order.

Nannes and Tait were the only bowlers in this tournament who consistently caused problems for all the teams (except, arguably, the final, which I have yet to watch). Johnson was average and Watson was below average, for the most part. Our top order didn't even give themselves the chance to play against the bowlers that were less likely to bounce them out, by going for some pretty dumb shots against the likes of Tait/Nannes.

Rohit was very lucky to survive the few overs when Tait and Nannes were bowling in rhythm, but at the same time he didn't give a single chance. Those wild slashes could have been caught in the slip cordon but they could have just as easily being sliced right over. That's why it's always dangerous to base theories on hypothetical situations instead of facts.

TumTum

International Cricketer
Just by cutting out the mis-timed pull/hook shot, he played better cricket than the rest of our top order.

Rohit was very lucky to survive the few overs when Tait and Nannes were bowling in rhythm, but at the same time he didn't give a single chance. Those wild slashes could have been caught in the slip cordon but they could have just as easily being sliced right over.

:doh:doh:doh:doh

TumTum added 4 Minutes and 36 Seconds later...

You couldn't be more wrong. Rohit is no Tendulkar. You can't call his misses unlucky. They were wild slogs and most of them would have flown in to sky.

Again as I said, he looked completely clueless against the bowling. Just go back a few pages in that thread, here I'll dig it up for you.

TumTum added 5 Minutes and 34 Seconds later...

Sharma losing it though, charging at the short ball.

Sharma looks hilarious against pace bowling. Like watching Afghanistan.

This is awful batting they're swinging wildly at the moment. They will lose more wickets if they continue like this.

Never seen so many swing and misses from an Indian side. Sharma probably done half of them though.

:laugh

Varun

ICC Board Member
The fact is that Rohit Sharma can only score good in matches when the team's top order fails and there is no chance for winning. His 50 in ODIs too came this way!
He's just an IPL wonder.

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
You couldn't be more wrong. Rohit is no Tendulkar. You can't call his misses unlucky. They were wild slogs and most of them would have flown in to sky.
Where did I say Rohit was Tendulkar? Please show me.

I didn't call his misses unlucky. I said they were lucky. But at the same time he didn't hit any of them and he didn't hit any of them into the sky. It didn't happen. He didn't get out and he ended up slogging his way while the rest of the wickets tumbled around him.

Again as I said, he looked completely clueless against the bowling. Just go back a few pages in that thread, here I'll dig it up for you.
He looked clueless while he was in early where he was swinging like a madman. Once he stopped doing that he became a lot more successful. I don't recall him attempting a single pull shot but I may be incorrect.

And finally, I'll take a batsman looking clueless yet making 80 runs in a Twenty20 game any day of the week.

---

Nowhere have I said that Sharma played a flawless innings--in fact I have suggested that it was quite the opposite. But he wasn't lucky in that the Aussies missed a chance to get him out. He just wasn't good to snick one early when the wickets were falling all around him.

You can't just take credit away from what ended up being a pretty good innings just because he was poor at the start. There are plenty of innings in Test cricket, ODI cricket and T20 cricket where players look horrible in patches and end up playing a great innings.

LongLegs?

Club Cricketer
Lol, the fact that Ajit Agarkar's name is being thrown is an absolute disgrace. He bowled well in Ranji? Course he did. When does he NOT bowl well in Ranji? He's a beast in domestic cricket, and that's all he'll ever be. Dhawal Kulkarni is the Mumbai player with much more potential.

@ Binnu, some of your suggestions are too overthought. Murali Vijay deserves to be in this team - 3 consistent domestic seasons in all formats. Yes, he's even done well for Tamil Nadu in the more domestic T20 competition - not the IPL, there's another one for those who do not know. Manish Pandey, on the other hand, just played his first full season, and while extremely impressive, needs some time to be groomed. He's been sent with the India A team to England, which is a good thing, since he'll probably get experience in different conditions now, and we'll be able to see if he can bat well in those conditions. Pandey needs to prove that he can play domestic cricket consistently before he can be picked for India. One season, imo, is not enough with the abundance of batting talent around. Someone like Manoj Tiwary is much more deserving of a shot at playing for India.

Prithvi

10 years at Planetcricket
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
@ Binnu, some of your suggestions are too overthought. Murali Vijay deserves to be in this team - 3 consistent domestic seasons in all formats. Yes, he's even done well for Tamil Nadu in the more domestic T20 competition - not the IPL, there's another one for those who do not know. Manish Pandey, on the other hand, just played his first full season, and while extremely impressive, needs some time to be groomed. He's been sent with the India A team to England, which is a good thing, since he'll probably get experience in different conditions now, and we'll be able to see if he can bat well in those conditions. Pandey needs to prove that he can play domestic cricket consistently before he can be picked for India. One season, imo, is not enough with the abundance of batting talent around. Someone like Manoj Tiwary is much more deserving of a shot at playing for India.

Yeah, I do agree with you. If that is the case, why did they select Virat Kohli (Of course, I do know that he's a player who deserves place) an year back (to Sri Lanka)? I reckon he din't even play one complete domestic season before he debuted for India in ODI's.

I don't say that keep on selecting ManP, I say select even him. Give a chance at tender age and check out whether he can withstand to the conditions or not. He had a great season of IPL II on African Turf. Even Pitches of Zimbabwe are almost similar to the pitches of South Africa. The opponent is Zimbabwe. Murali Vijay already has experience of playing against Australia, South Africa.

Many odds prefer Manish Pandey to Murali Vijay. And thats the main reason I prefer ManP to Vijay.

TumTum

International Cricketer
I don't recall him attempting a single pull shot but I may be incorrect.

He did attempt at least 1 pull shot, but missed.

But he wasn't lucky in that the Aussies missed a chance to get him out.

What does that have to do with anything?

Doesn't change the fact that he looked clueless at the crease attempting wild slogs that would have flown into the sky had he got hold of 'em.

McLOVIN

Chairman of Selectors
The whole thing is over, and they are still posting here

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
The whole thing is over, and they are still posting here

Why do you worry so much about it? This is not even a match thread (even thats not wrong), just a common thread about India's performance in the T20 WC.

Varun

ICC Board Member
Mods shouls close this thread. Its turning into a war house.

Varun

ICC Board Member
On the contrary, it's a lot more pleasant than any thread about the IPL.

Its pleasant but most of the talks here are senseless. We shouldn't need to debate on why India has lost.

Users who are viewing this thread