Graphics Card

Not really, on my current PC, I am running the Academy pretty smoothly which only has a stick of 2GB, plus on Intel HD Graphics 4000. Everything in the customization area works buttery smooth at 800x600 but the Net sessions don't start. Eventually, I got some sort of error (don't remember the code) back some weeks when I was running the 32-bit OS.
It's not a guarantee you can't play with worse specs than those shown at lowest settings at a tiny resolution, but it's not up to Big Ant to troubleshoot and support such outdated hardware.

For all the discussion of "will this or that work", there's a simple solution - upgrade to specs which exceed the minimum tested requirements on the Steam page.

Beyond that, any discussion on what hardware the game will work on is simply conjecture. We don't know how demanding the full game will be compared to the nets/SCG beta, but if you can't run the beta it gives a strong indication that you need an upgrade.

Beyond that, any discussion on what hardware the game will work on is simply conjecture. We don't know how demanding the full game will be compared to the nets/SCG beta, but if you can't run the beta it gives a strong indication that you need an upgrade.
That's pretty sure. I was really out of senses when I bought this shit. I could've gone for any tower PC on i3/i5 and would've been able to install the Graphic Card externally, rather than switching to the all new PC.

It's not a guarantee you can't play with worse specs than those shown at lowest settings at a tiny resolution, but it's not up to Big Ant to troubleshoot and support such outdated hardware.

For all the discussion of "will this or that work", there's a simple solution - upgrade to specs which exceed the minimum tested requirements on the Steam page.

If we are able to run the beta/academy then it is some sort of good sign for the gamers whose pc specs are just meeting the minimum requirements.

It gonna be very difficult for the BA to attract people as they did for the prequel game DBC14 considering fact that many of the gamers who purchased dbc14 are not able to run academy with so much high-end requirement.

I'll be buying a RAM and will be upgrading my OS provided it still meet the minimum requirement from the prospective of GPU and processor.

We will try our best to optimise for the lowest PC possible but will not sacrifice the quality of the game for the majority of users to do so - it is a very small minority of users playing the on the PC, and it is a minority of that minority that will not be able to run the game.

When it comes to numbers of users, Console is king, it's not a close race, and even so we are not even supporting PS3 or Xbox 360, we are sacrificing those sales so as to increase the quality of the game.

We will try our best to optimise for the lowest PC possible but will not sacrifice the quality of the game for the majority of users to do so - it is a very small minority of users playing the on the PC, and it is a minority of that minority that will not be able to run the game.

When it comes to numbers of users, Console is king, it's not a close race, and even so we are not even supporting PS3 or Xbox 360, we are sacrificing those sales so as to increase the quality of the game.

Perhaps the relatively high PC specs might limit the pirate to legit ratio! Let's hope.

As I travel around quite a bit, I'm considering getting a laptop that would work with DBC17. Until recently laptop GPU's were always a compromise vs desktop and gaming laptops tended to be garish and bulky. I was, however, intrigued to see the nVidia GTX 1060, 1070 and 1080 are now shipping in laptops with as good (sometimes better) performance than desktops. Has anyone had a look at these yet? They're pretty pricey but I'm sure a GTX1060 would be up to the job.

Ross, that's very considerate from you team but its us as a customer's responsibility to keep our hardware up to date. That's a lot of time and valuable resources going into optimising the game and making sure it works smoothly with good fps and they will still come here and bitch and moan about it if they can't play it at 60fps.

If you have ancient hardware please DO NOT come here asking for more features

I'm hoping DBC17 will run fine on my pc as i had problems with it crashing on DBC14 on my new pc. I know it's probably something very simple I was doing wrong but only happened with dbc14. I don't really know much about pc stuff i just bought good parts someone else assembled it and set it up. i just turn it on and play. :lol i will buy on xbox one aswell. only two copies this time around not three like dbc14 ;)

I'm hoping DBC17 will run fine on my pc as i had problems with it crashing on DBC14 on my new pc. I know it's probably something very simple I was doing wrong but only happened with dbc14. I don't really know much about pc stuff i just bought good parts someone else assembled it and set it up. i just turn it on and play. :lol i will buy on xbox one aswell. only two copies this time around not three like dbc14 ;)

If you need something to turn on and just play then console route is the answer

I know a little more than that but yeah if i run into problems i have no idea how to find the problem other than reinstalling the game lol :) Just looks so much better on pc in 1440p and 165 fps (when it doesn't crash on me) :D Love the game either way and will buy both copies. Just thought i'd mention something as when i spoke to matt about it he did say (i think) that they didn't test much on higher end pc's for dbc14 so i was wondering if it would be the same for dbc17.

Thank you for the reply :)

That's the main reason I go with cosnoles (PS3 earlier, PS4 now) as you don't need to worry about anything. You pop in the disc and it works. Period. No updates, no upgrades, no drivers to download.

That's the main reason I go with cosnoles (PS3 earlier, PS4 now) as you don't need to worry about anything. You pop in the disc and it works. Period. No updates, no upgrades, no drivers to download.
I put my PC together in January 2014 and not upgraded or replaced a single part, it's worked flawlessly and driver updates are no more complicated than console updates any more (and haven't been for years, yet this misconception remains)... The whole experience is very streamlined on PC these days.

In fact, on the few occasions I've been on people's consoles lately, they have been far more annoying in terms of updates/patches; not even letting you use any online features or play certain games until a firmware update is installed, download/install speeds for game patches etc crawling along at pitiful speeds even on good connections etc.

The whole mess Big Ant had to deal with having DBC14 not working properly on some Xbox 360 models also shows the "pop in the disc and it works" is not entirely true with consoles either, plus they still have reliability issues and the warranty is only one year unless you pay for an extension. The components of my PC all had at least 3 year warranties as standard and even after this they are much easier to fix yourself than a console if something does fail.

Console is never the answer

Except for the constant PS updates and of course games on the playstation get updates, have you not got GTA5 on PS4? My PS4 gathers dust because every time I turned it on I had to update the PS and then games would get hammered with updates while they update seamlessly in the background on steam while I do other things. The beauty of PC is you don't even need to pop in a disc ;-)

Console is never the answer

Except for the constant PS updates and of course games on the playstation get updates, have you not got GTA5 on PS4? My PS4 gathers dust because every time I turned it on I had to update the PS and then games would get hammered with updates while they update seamlessly in the background on steam while I do other things. The beauty of PC is you don't even need to pop in a disc ;-)

PS4 in hibernation mode receives updates was put just for people complaining about constant updates.

Anyways this should not turn to another Console v/s PC debate. We have enough of those. User asked question and we gave our opinion. Both are great. Love and Peace

Users who are viewing this thread