Apple Mac Refresh

MacWorld

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Brand new Macs announced-

090701-imacs_425.jpg

Apple today announced updates to its iMac and Mac mini desktop lines, including a 24-inch iMac and a Mac mini with new NVIDIA integrated graphics. For the same $1,499 price as the previous generation 20-inch iMac, the new 24-inch iMac delivers a 30 percent larger display, twice the memory and twice the storage. Apple also claims up to five times better graphics performance in the new Mac mini with the NVIDIA GeForce 9400M integrated graphics..

"Our flagship 24-inch iMac with twice the memory and twice the storage is now available for just $1,499," said Tim Cook, Apple's COO. "The Mac mini is not only our most affordable Mac, it's also the world's most energy efficient desktop computer."

iMac

- $1199. 20-inch 2.66 GHz iMac. 2GB RAM. NVIDIA GeForce 9400M Integrated graphics. 320GB HD. Mini Display Port
- $1499. 24-inch 2.66 GHz iMac. 4GB RAM. NVIDIA GeForce 9400M Integrated graphics. 640GB HD. Mini Display Port
- $1799. 24-inch 2.93 GHz iMac. 4GB RAM. NVIDIA GeForce GT 120. 640GB HD. Mini Display Port
- $2199. 24-inch 3.06 GHz iMac. 4GB RAM. NVIDIA GeForce GT 130. 1TB HD. Mini Display Port

Mac Mini

091213-macmini_425.jpg

- $599. 2.0GHz Mac mini. 1GB 1066 MHz DDR SDRAM, GeForce 9400M integrated graphics, 120GB HD, 8x SuperDrive, Mini DisplayPort and mini-DVI, 5 USB Ports, One FireWire 800 Port
- $799. 2.0GHz Mac mini. 2GB 1066 MHz DDR SDRAM, GeForce 9400M integrated graphics, 320GB HD, 8x SuperDrive, Mini DisplayPort and mini-DVI, 5 USB Ports, One FireWire 800 Port

Apple also updated the AirPort Extreme Base Station and Time Capsule, which are now offering simultaneous 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz dual-band networking "for optimal performance, range and compatibility." The new models also offer the ability to set up a secondary Internet-only Wi-Fi network to allow family and friends to access the Internet without giving them the password to the primary network or allowing them access to networked drives and other peripherals. Finally, Time Capsule offers MobileMe members the ability to access files on their device's hard drive over the Internet from anywhere.

Source- Macrumors.com

About time^, whats your view.

MacWorld

Club Cricketer
They use intel.

Intel Core 2 Duo 3.06 GHz (Nehalem core)

in my opinion im not going to buy a new mac as the prices are way too high,

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
Old news, expect more from you MacWorld :D:p.

Getting a macbook for college in about a year and a half, I absolutely love them.

MacWorld

Club Cricketer
yeh i know its old but ive been away for the last 3 weeks so havent had time to post at all.

Kiko_97

User Title Purchaser
Profile Flag
England
I want the 1TB iMac but I don't have about ?1200 to pay for it.
they look good though but a bit expensive

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Does Mac support Windows? I cant live without Windows. I have heard a lot about the Mac, but if it doesnt have Windows, I am NOT BUYING IT!

Kshitiz_Indian

Executive member
Wouldn't want to debate on OSX > Windows (as I haven't used OSX tbh).

But the fact that Macs can run windows better is rubbish lol. :p

Kshitiz_Indian added 0 Minutes and 40 Seconds later...

lol Yet there's no Core 2 Duo with a nehalem core.

Users who are viewing this thread