Apple announces holiday Mac line-up

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
Apple today announced it's holiday line-up, including upgrades to the Macbook Pro, the iMac and the Mac Mini. Also interesting is they announced their first range of quad-cores targeted towards the casual customer in the form of the 27-inch iMacs with Core i5 and Core i7 processors.

More at iMac.com.

I also took the liberty to write an entry in my blog about why I still can't afford an Apple. Yep, it's a shameless plug. :)

Kshitiz_Indian

Executive member
We can't afford them all right. If you sell Apples worth $10/Kg at $100/Kg, of course I can't afford it. And for heavens sake I'm happy I can't, I won't want to be made a fool out of.

jkartik

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
apple.jpg

or rather an apple a day keeps the spendings away ! :p

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
Trust me, MAC is more problem house than Window or Linux based system. :facepalm

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
Macs aren't all that expensive as people think. Sure you pay a premium, but trust me it's totally worth it.
Did you read my blog?

In particular, Apple is making you pay about $1600 more than components for the monitor and all-in-one feature. Sure, it's a sexy monitor, but you can get a 30-inch IPS panel in the $1000 range. Apple probably gets their components at a cheaper price than retail from vendors as well, so it's not as if they're just trying to make a cut.

Just look at their upgrade prices. That's daylight robbery, in my opinion.

Kshitiz_Indian

Executive member
Did you read my blog?

In particular, Apple is making you pay about $1600 more than components for the monitor and all-in-one feature. Sure, it's a sexy monitor, but you can get a 30-inch IPS panel in the $1000 range. Apple probably gets their components at a cheaper price than retail from vendors as well, so it's not as if they're just trying to make a cut.

Mmm, I think the term robbery is wrong. Robbery is something when someone takes my money forcefully.
Here people are willingly giving it away...:doh

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
Mmm, I think the term robbery is wrong. Robbery is something when someone takes my money forcefully.
Here people are willingly giving it away...:doh
Hence the term "daylight robbery". Robbery occurring when you should clearly be aware of what is going on.

Kshitiz_Indian

Executive member
I'm frothing over the 27" iMac. If only I had the money.
If only you'd consider me a friend worth listening to, I would strongly advise against being depressed on not being able to purchase something which doesn't deserve to be purchased! Apple say they can't make a computer less than $500 that's not junk, and I'll say this probably the 179'th time, they can't make anything much better than junk anyways (I'm talking Computers here).

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
Did you read my blog?

Yeah, the upgrade prices are ridiculous. Never upgrade your RAM or HD with apple, you can do it quite easily yourself, much cheaper too.

My uncle got a mac pro (!) and I put in a few 1TB HDs for him and upgraded RAM to 4GB. Did it on my Sis's white macbook too.

Not sure if you can do it on iMacs, but you probably can.

And how are Mac's a problem house, Sid?

Cricketman added 0 Minutes and 56 Seconds later...

If only you'd consider me a friend worth listening to, I would strongly advise against being depressed on not being able to purchase something which doesn't deserve to be purchased! Apple say they can't make a computer less than $500 that's not junk, and I'll say this probably the 179'th time, they can't make anything much better than junk anyways (I'm talking Computers here).

Have you honestly used one of the newer (2007/8+) Macs at all??

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
And how are Mac's a problem house, Sid?

Since I am in to testing, I have seen many issues in Mac's. Probably due to fact that applications are designed on and to run on Windows basically but even for platform independent applications.

Users who are viewing this thread