Greatest Sportsmen of All Time

Yeah, puddleduck is bang on the money about Ali.

In pure boxing terms, I don't think he was the greatest ever but because of his charisma he's considered greater than he actually was. And his personality was questionable at best. He was a genuinely horrible person to Joe Frazier.

No one cares about your ignorant, misguided, and lying minority opinion thank you very much. :p

His distinctive chicken run was certainly unique :p

I'd be happy running like that if it meant I was that fast. ;)

----------

Seems somewhat ridiculous to suggest that Messi, at the age of 24, has surpassed Pele and Maradona who have world cups and entire careers behind them. By all means Messi may well have surpassed them by the end of his career, but he's still only half-way through.

And you have to take into account the fitness footballers have these days. Imagine what Pele and Maradona would be if they played now - imagine what they'd be worth! :eek:

Messi has a long, long way to go for me - he will be a great, but ranking alongside those two? That's yet to be seen. ;)

----------

Like I said, have no inkling about baseball. But I heard about the Babe way before I heard about the Don.

I might be completely wrong about this, but I'm sure cricket is played in more countries that baseball is?

team athletes v single athletes?

I'm not sure a team athlete like pele can be better than solo one. federer wins the slams all by himself, good as pele was, he had rivelino and carlos alberto helping him out. if maradona has an off day, mario kempes could step up.

To be fair to Maradona, he did dribble around the entire England team and score with his hand in the same game. That's about as solo as you get :p

To be fair to Maradona, he did dribble around the entire England team and score with his hand in the same game. That's about as solo as you get :p

Yep - but he did need a little help; it was a borked England clearance that led to the 'Hand of God' goal - were it a pass from a team mate, he would've been miles offside as well as everything else!

Users who are viewing this thread