Greatest Sportsmen of All Time

Gotta have Michael Johnson the athlete up there for me.

Man is a legend, great athlete,,great pundit and all round good guy

When he speaks people listen, sign of a great!!

Yeah great athlete, but I'd probably always be more inclined to have Carl Lewis, Bolt and Owens ahead of him.

----------

I'd certainly suggest from the cricketers that Don Bradman will always be close to any list due to his sheer dominance over any batsman before and after in terms of numbers.

However in terms of sportsmen, Dennis Compton playing both professional football and cricket despite the time it was done is a fairly special achievement :)

Just something magical and inspiring when Johnson used to bomb down the track!!

The other runners just knew they were competing for 2nd,, like it is with bolt now

I can't stand the cheating little git - but surely Diego Maradona should be on that list??

Football- Messi
Cricket- Warne
Golf- Woods
Athletics- Michael Johnson, Usain Bolt
Tennis- Sampras, Federer

Most other sports don't interest me

Seems somewhat ridiculous to suggest that Messi, at the age of 24, has surpassed Pele and Maradona who have world cups and entire careers behind them. By all means Messi may well have surpassed them by the end of his career, but he's still only half-way through.

I don't know a thing about baseball, but I don't know of anyone who hasn't heard the name Babe Ruth.

Deserves a mention, along with Jordan and Woods.

Babe Ruth should never get in ahead of someone like Don Bradman though. Even less opposition, and his numbers don't stand out like the Don's when held up against all that went before them and all that was still to come.

Like I said, have no inkling about baseball. But I heard about the Babe way before I heard about the Don.

Users who are viewing this thread