Guide to batting in C2K5.....

RoboRocks said:
I could here the England Vs India in the background. :p

HAHA.....Yea i m in the US and i have purchased the IND VS ENG series on broadband. :D

alfa_beta said:
Can you post the clip for a front on cut shot? The clip here is side on and I can't make out the position of a batsman as compared to the ball. It would be great if you can post a clip for square cut, which is front on.

i have examz today, as soon as i get done wit it u will have videos with the best angle. :cheers

Ive heard that the timimg in the nets does'nt compare to the timing in match. Also Im more relaxed in the nets and dont mind taking wild swings! ;)

blazer-glory said:
Ive heard that the timimg in the nets does'nt compare to the timing in match. Also Im more relaxed in the nets and dont mind taking wild swings! ;)

Yea thats true becuase accoeding to the game wat i have noticed nets dosent have any difficulty level. And further more in the nets the fastmedium and fast bowlers just bowl staright witout swing. i advice u play test matches to get ur shot timing proper.

:cheers

Fair enough. I guess I gotta get better with practice surely, even it takes twice as long as everyone else. The trouble is Ive probably picked up too many bad habits, ie bad timing and bad shot selection, so its going to be twice as hard to shake them off.
There is a batting guide on the BBC webpage. If someone could paste that onto the field in the game that might help people like me.

Great!

raider_64 said:
HAHA.....Yea i m in the US and i have purchased the IND VS ENG series on broadband. :D

i have examz today, as soon as i get done wit it u will have videos with the best angle. :cheers

its more than a month...but i couldnt get good shots consistently.

I can just play leg glance and shots to square leg...i dont understand what i am doing wrong, as in i tried lot of different timings but the off side shots are always in hands of fielders ( else or otherwise i use downthe wicket option..i.e. press the "d" key while executing the shot...which is very risky and probability of getting caught in slips or gully is very high )

ANOTHER BIG ISSUE, i dont know why none of the advanced options (involving more than one direction key) work for me. If i press any combination like front and left arrow + S (front foot)..the shot is never executed. Batsman just behaves as in i never executed any shot...are the keys pressed in some order?? how is it...please somebody provide some expert comments....

worst case i gonna uninstall this game...its has never been so frustrating for me with any of the games as it is with this one...sob sob :(

Last edited:
Well I dont know how you are playing but most people, I think, hold the direction keys as the bowler approaches and then taps the back/front foot shot to play.

IloveGilly said:
I don't know why people are complaining in this game. All you have to do is practice a little and you will start timing them pretty well.
I finally got the game and played my first match making 191 all-out in 34 overs and bowled them all-out for 106 in 31 overs. The nets have really helped too.

right man i use too love this game when BLIC wasnt out, i dont play it anymore but i totaly remmebr that its all about timing and trust me nets dont help

i recentley bought cric2005 after playing BLIC ( xbox ) and i just cant bat i average about 20 in odi and 45 in tests ( easy mode ) any advice for a beginner like me who is used to smashing 100s everywere on BLIC

Go through the batting tips posted on this forum, give it 2 to 3 weeks and you should be fine.

cairns4Bacup said:
i recentley bought cric2005 after playing BLIC ( xbox ) and i just cant bat i average about 20 in odi and 45 in tests ( easy mode ) any advice for a beginner like me who is used to smashing 100s everywere on BLIC

last night i played a ODI New Zealand vs USA and was humiliated i was all out for 31 ( vettori not out 22 ) USA won by 10 wickets.... you got to laugh!!

It happens in the beginning... you should be fine in 2-3 weeks.

cairns4Bacup said:
last night i played a ODI New Zealand vs USA and was humiliated i was all out for 31 ( vettori not out 22 ) USA won by 10 wickets.... you got to laugh!!

Users who are viewing this thread