Guide to batting in C2K5.....

i hav practised in a test match against the likes of holland and other weak teams and timing is easy and it is easy to make boundaries, but then as soon as i play a test match against someone slightly decent (even bangladesh) the timing all of a sudden is impossible. it is as though playing against a good team automatically makes timing hard, which is unrealistic

stret said:
i hav practised in a test match against the likes of holland and other weak teams and timing is easy and it is easy to make boundaries, but then as soon as i play a test match against someone slightly decent (even bangladesh) the timing all of a sudden is impossible. it is as though playing against a good team automatically makes timing hard, which is unrealistic
Welcome to the forum stret.

I've not found this myself. What you may be experiencing is that better teams will have better bowlers, able to swing and seam the ball slightly more - more pace changes (and even a few kph difference can affect the shot timing) and bowling a better line and length. If you're not using any AI patches, the line bowled is generally pretty tight and therefore hard to play a range of shots - especially if the ball pitches in an area you're not too comfortable with.

Batting is hard at first. As other people have posted here, be patient and keep practicing. You will improve.

help

i never got to hit six with advance shot by holding shift+D

rahul_415 said:
i never got to hit six with advance shot by holding shift+D
I assume you are pressing the appropriate arrows as well for the shot you want. e.g. Down Arrow + Shift + D for a charge down the wicket straight drive.

stret said:

You should try and practice in the nets or if your using the PC version...

http://www.planetcricket.org/modules.php?name=Links&file=viewlinkinfo&id=750
Download Vinay's patch and use the beginner file. Probably the best one for practicing with!

or

http://www.planetcricket.org/modules.php?name=Links&file=viewlinkinfo&id=546
The Spins beginner patch which also makes timing easier.

Hey Guys i hav the Tutzi 4.0 Patch and im playing on hard mode.

I just can't get any shot working for a full pitched ball on leg stump. I try to block it and it always hits my pads and LBW, the timing in the nets says its fine. I try to leg glance it and the batsman just hops and totally imsses the shot. Im so stuck ive spent like 2 hours trying everything..-_- This is on PC btw

P.S this is what exactly happens. Left handed batsman. The ball pitches on the line of my pads as i try to leg glance it front foot. The batsman then hops towards the right and tries to glance it but totally fails, hitting my pads. The timing is perfect. I tried this in a match, it failed. What should i do!! :eek:

Last edited:
i am having great difficulty in hooking and pulling shots any advice because everytime i try i end up slog sweeping or cutting it to slips

Users who are viewing this thread