Hardcore Gameplay Patch

S

sickhead

HEy.......

It is awesome.....the pace.....the bounce.......its amazing.....fast bowlers are actually fast......i played a match between australia and pakistan.........i was australia......and it was so difficult to bat......its really hardcore....will take me time to get used to it.....
anyways but there is a lot of potential in this new config editing thing
well 1 problem i noticed is that waquar younis gave 2-3 bouncers that went for 4 byes.......but i bet that could be fixed in the coming releases......got bowling speeds of 157kmh average....and fastest balls went to 161......its really great......
let me know how everyone finds this patch.....great work

One more thing i found amazing is that i got out on many occasions due to edges......lots of them in here....but the edges were mostly towards backward point..........i got some 4's off edges.....i wanted to know if anything could be done to create edges that go to the slips??? or wicket keeper.....is this possible? has it happend to anyone?

download this patch today....its worth it.....and people who are new to the game should practice without the patch first....or boy you're in for some trouble!!!

thanks

i got one more question

i had previously installed a gameplaypatch that changed my saf files.....however i had backed up the original ones.....should i use the originals with the hardcore patch....or the modified ones.....does this make a difference?

also i would like to know how you'll managed to edit this config thing...how does it work....i cant get over it

well 1 problem i noticed is that waquar younis gave 2-3 bouncers that went for 4 byes.......but i bet that could be fixed in the coming releases......

Thanks for reminding me. Its already fixed. New fileds ready to download on the site

Download

Visit the site for all the details

Congrats again to Vineet for what is an awesome bit of work. Great to have 100mph bouncers bowled at you. I actually got caught behind by the keeper off a fast bowler for the first time!

There are one or two really small things I was wondering about. Firstly, does the patch allow us to bowl at that speed when we are bowling or is it just when the computer is bowling? (My quicks were still stuck at 94). Secondly, the stadium names seemed to have got mixed up for the SA and English stadiums, the pictures and stats don't match up. Lastly I don't suppose there's any way of improving fielder intelligence so they don't just stand there and ignore it when the ball goes straight at them (!) I'm guessing not.

Anyway, like I said, great job. You'll get employed by EA Sports to work on cricket 2004 if you're not careful. lol :P

hey......

i noticed this too.......i cant seem to bowl as fast as i am bowled at........is this possible.....
havent noticed the stadium thing

wow.....catch back to the wicket keeper......i have been trying to play untimed shots to see it happen.......however........there are many edges......some have been close....and once i managed to nick on a no ball.......

whats the main difference between extreme, very hard and hard?

i opend the cfg files in notepad......how do the values work?

hey guys how do u install it because i can't find the configs folder what do u need to overwrite could someone plz tell me what to do for the installion of this patch plz

Great job with the new gameplay, my shots now seem to do what I actually expect them to do, and it's meant I've had to modify my technique considerably. The new field settings look a bit weird, I don't think the long stop has been used since the days of WG Grace. Couldn't the wicket keeper be moved back and made more agile? I do have one problem still though. Batsmen still dissapear when they reach a milestone (50, 100 ,etc.) Is there a fix for this coming?

hi...

i've heard all of your reviews and am really excited....except i can't seem to get it working...

I've got the:

WCEXP 2nd fix
Difficulty Patch
Difficulty Field Patch

And I've extracted all these into the Cricket 2002 directory but don't know how to use them. Which proram do i run? Is it the Cricket2002.tk WC or Kiwi's batting and bowling patches. Also, what do I do with the Config Folder and files inside it and how do i change the level...hard/veryhard/extremely hard?

Yeah, What files do you have to overwrite. Having seroius trouble. i need help.

Those are a LOT of questions :blink:

Anyway here goes.....

i had previously installed a gameplaypatch that changed my saf files.....however i had backed up the original ones.....should i use the originals with the hardcore patch....or the modified ones.....does this make a difference?

The saf files you use will determine the strokes you have available. It doesnt affect the gameplay patch . A matter of personal preference really

Firstly, does the patch allow us to bowl at that speed when we are bowling or is it just when the computer is bowling? (My quicks were still stuck at 94)

You're right. Currently only the CPU bowls at above 97MPH. However we've only started editing the cfgs. I'm sur we can tweak stuff and get human bowlers up to speed.

Secondly, the stadium names seemed to have got mixed up for the SA and English stadiums, the pictures and stats don't match up. Lastly I don't suppose there's any way of improving fielder intelligence so they don't just stand there and ignore it when the ball goes straight at them (!) I'm guessing not.

Have you downloaded Fix 2 ? Shouldnt be a problem but I'll check. You could make the fielders dive for the ball by makin them close in fielders in BLC. You could try the same here. Havent tried it yet but I'd be interested to know if it works.

whats the main difference between extreme, very hard and hard?

Lots of small things. Like the CPU is just that bit better at batting and faster at bowling and so on. Most persons will find hard challenging enough. I doubt anyone will need to try the higher levels but I included them just in case.

how do u install it because i can't find the configs folder what do u need to overwrite could someone plz tell me what to do for the installion of this patch plz

Just extract to your Cricket folder and use either the exes of Fix 2 or the original EA exes to play NOT Ravis's bat ball or the WCEXP original exes .

The new field settings look a bit weird, I don't think the long stop has been used since the days of WG Grace. Couldn't the wicket keeper be moved back and made more agile? I do have one problem still though

True. But its just a quick fix to prevent the byes for those who want it. The wcketkeeper cant be moved around and increasing agility doesnt really help. He'll still miss the really vicious bouncers.

Which proram do i run? Is it the Cricket2002.tk WC or Kiwi's batting and bowling patches. Also, what do I do with the Config Folder and files inside it and how do i change the level...hard/veryhard/extremely hard?

Refer the reply 2 qns above. You dont have a folder called configs. Just extract all files as they are to your Cricket 2002 folder and play with the correct exe. To change diff just rename the cfg you want to l_normal.cfg and play.

I'm still having problems installing the hardcore patch. Could you please do a step by step guide? Please. I will be so grateful if you could.

Downloaded new patches.
Loaded them .
Started game.
1st ball a bouncer at 145klms hr.
Tried to high block it.
Slight nick and ball rocketed to 1st slip. Caught!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
lovely happy thoughts......................This game now ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Vineet take a long and well deserved bow my friend.

Gota go..........Wana try and beat Pakistan before bedtime.

I'm not totally sure the difficulty patches are working. I played against AT Australia with England and still managed to bowl them out for 39 in under 10 overs and knock the runs off in 2 overs without losing a wicket. This was meant to be on extreme! I renamed the file L_NORMAL(extreme).cfg to L_NORMAL.cfg Any ideas what the problem might be (I was playing on hard and you said you hadn't tested it on that)
Colin

Users who are viewing this thread