Help for those with ATI cards suffering from slow performance

The_gas

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Ati Catalyst 7.3 + Catalyst Control Centre

Should be released at some point today, hopefully we will see an increase in performance in brian lara. Although with the game only comming out tomorrow
we may have to wait untill the 22/23 of april for blic optimized ati drivers.

rumblah

Club Cricketer
i got this when trying to update my drivers.

help?

Termy

School Cricketer
Sorry for the bump, but I've just installed the latest 7.4 Cats and the game now runs near perfect for me. I'm using the drivers that come with the old ATi Control Panel rather than the Catalyst Control Centre with the following custom Direct3D settings
  • Anti-Aliasing: Application Preference
  • Temporal Anti-Aliasing: disabled
  • Anisotropic Filtering: Application Preference
  • Texture Preference: High Quality
  • Mipmap Detail Level: High Quality
  • Wait for V-Sync: Application Preference
I use a Radeon x1950Pro 256MB running the game on 1280x1024 with 4x Anti-Aliasing.

Hooper

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Hey Burma,

I have a Raedon 9550 and have followed all your 10 steps on the first post and my game is still running extremely slow!

I am running the game on 1024x768, refresh rate 85Hz, 32bit. With "No Anti-Aliasing".

I'm starting to get really frustrated as I cannot get this game working.

I haven't downloaded that 28MB update thingy because my Card looks pretty up to date on that list.

Please Help:upray

Burma's Finest

Executive member
Profile Flag
England
Your card is poor at best. If you don't keep your drivers up to date then you can't expect any improvement in performance.

Catakyst Control Centre 7.4 only came out a week ago so unless you've updated recently then there's no way you can be up to date. ;)

Last edited:

Hooper

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Oh ok :eek:

And there goes me, thinking my Driver is top of the range, and I wouldn't have to worry about a thing:)

So that means I'll have to download that 28mb 7.4 thingy? And with that installed does it automatically make my card better? I'm new to "Graphic Cards", so please bear with me;)

EDIT: Okay, I've Installed that new Update,7.4. And have re-done all them steps. And I still have slow performance.

Attachments

• Card.JPG
    Card.JPG
    32.6 KB · Views: 26
  • Card1.JPG
    Card1.JPG
    66.8 KB · Views: 19
  • Card2.JPG
    Card2.JPG
    61.2 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:

cnbd_novice

International Coach
You may also try this:
Burma's Finest said:
In the Standard Settings section make sure the slider is set as far to the Performance end as possible.
In another words take off the check mark and move slider to Optimal Performance, or to the far left.

Almost_Austwick

International Captain
I've updated all the drivers (windows and ATI) and have gone through the settings as proposed by Burma's Finest and yet the game still runs very slow and jerky.

I have a Radeon x1600 series card with 256mb (although I believe I can bump this up to 512mb). Is there anything else I can try or am I doomed to having to play the game in slow motion?

lukus

School Cricketer
Ipswich, England, UK, Europe, the world, the milky
yea me too, i have the latest driver 7.4, lowerd all the detail setting's on the card control panel as low as they would go. Then i lowerd the resolution as low as it would go, and set the ingame graphics to low too, and it still jerked! Maybe my card isn't good enough(radeon 9600), maybe i do just need a new rig, but seeing as i can run half-life 2 pretty well it must just be a poorly made game. Maybe it's not a big deal if i can't play it, i have read some of the silly bugs it contains on here lol.

Termy

School Cricketer
Do either of you happen to run any of the ZoneAlarm firewall programs?

I found that once I'd closed it the game now runs lovely. It has also worked with Spiderman3 and Stalker.

Xeslaster

School Cricketer
I am having the same problem with the game framing.

I have a 4200+ AMD Athlon dual core, 2 gigs of ram and an ATI Radeon Xpress 200.

I have installed the most recent driver and also followed the steps provided for ATI Catalyst use and I am still having the problem.

Is it just that my GPU is too slow for this game? or is there something I can do to improve the game's performance on my computer?

haris123

School Cricketer
my friend has a Pentium 4 2.6 Ghz 256 MB Ram Windows XP
ATI RADEON Xpress 200 series 64 MB AGP Card.

the problem is that BLIC07 is running very slow on his computer even on the lowest setting. i got to ATI's website but didn't found the card's drivers. What should i do to play the game in my friend's garden.

Kshitiz_Indian

Executive member
One thing - There is a limit for each graphics card. There are some games which do not run properly even at very low settings. So it has to be beared with, or changing of a card is required. I had beared with it, and that was the choice i had.

The Xpress 200 is a low end card, much like the Intel GMA 950 / X3000 . SO i guess this game is the limit for the card !

omkarjere

International Cricketer
One thing - There is a limit for each graphics card. There are some games which do not run properly even at very low settings. So it has to be beared with, or changing of a card is required. I had beared with it, and that was the choice i had.

The Xpress 200 is a low end card, much like the Intel GMA 950 / X3000 . SO i guess this game is the limit for the card !

I have Radeon Xpress 200 (256 MB) can this game run even on low settings.

Users who are viewing this thread