Help for those with nVidia cards suffering from slow performance

susaifernandoes

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Best AGP card

Hey..my suggestion, if you are looking for a AGP,best performance and cheap priced... then, XFX 7600 GS is a great choice..around 7K INR...You will not have to worry for the next two o three yrs for any game:clap

The Champion

School Cricketer
Hey all , just joined this forum to help a few people out. As i was in the same situation.

you can d/l the drivers at another link here i found
http://www.coldfront.net/nvidia/xtreme-g/xtreme-g_94.20_32bit_released.html

remember to FULLY uninstall your old drivers , do this with any drivers you have installed at the moment.

1. uninstall from my computer
2. use this free too too clear up it in the registry
http://www.guru3d.com/detonator-destroyer/
3. install the 94.20 above. when its installing you may be prompted that the drivers are not digitally signed, don't worry about that they work fine. But remember they are still unreleased. For a reason lol. But i've used them and they work muchhhh better now :).

tip . if you still have jittering problems try setting it to the lowest res and using 2x anti aliasing still looks good.

last resort try over clocking but try everything else first as this is risky.

Thanks Man, But Sadly 94.20 Version (Xtream-G) is no where to be found in the site you have mentioned.... However, I have found & Downloaded XTreme-G 160.02 Version which seems to be the latest one !!

I think you know whats my problem exactly is, If you dont.... Here is my Original post :-

( I have Geforce4 MX 420 Card for my PC Powered @ P4 2.4 GHZ ! My BLIC is virtualy unplayable because of terrible frame rates. it takes ages for doing anything. Just saw this thread for some help...... .

I tried to download the drivers from Official NVIDIA web, But I never get Geforce & TNT2 option like you guys do..... All I get is TNT & TNT2, Geforce 256, 2 Series, 3 Series, 4 Series, FX Series ETC Stuff !!!!

I did choose 4 Series & XP/2000 and I got a ForceWare Version: 93.71 !!!

ON the other side, I was looking to download Driver version 94.20 from http://www.tweaksrus.com/ (As sugessested by tommymac in this thread) However, I found Foceware 94.20 was missing & its has been replaced by Forceware Ver 101.2 !! While looking I also found XTreme-G 160.02 in that site !!!

Now I have downloaded all three of them ( Forceware Version: 93.71, Forceware Version 101.2 & XTreme-G Version 160.02) But havent tried any due to confusion !!!! Could you guys please help me which one should I install for my PC ?????

Thanks !!! )

This is it !!! Now what should I exactly do ???

Install XTreme-G Version 160.02 (Which seems to be latest) OR Forceware 93.71 downloaded from Nvidia web OR Forceware 101.2 OR I have lookout for the Forceware 94.20 Version as you said ???

Last edited:

dan_16

School Cricketer
i also have a geforce fx5200

however i cannot find it and the posted picture doesnt work

can someone tell me how to get to it?????

zesshan777

School Cricketer
i also have a geforce fx5200

however i cannot find it and the posted picture doesnt work

can someone tell me how to get to it?????
I also got tht Problem when I had to download Drivers for my XFX 5200 and u r right It wasnt listed in the graphic Drivers list....U have to select Geforce XFX Series from there in order to download Drivers for 5200.

dan_16

School Cricketer
I also got tht Problem when I had to download Drivers for my XFX 5200 and u r right It wasnt listed in the graphic Drivers list....U have to select Geforce XFX Series from there in order to download Drivers for 5200.

i found geforce fx series, then selected xp/2000

was that the correct one?

i hope so cos its halfway through downloading lol

mehkar

International Coach
hey as many of you people know that there are many Computer's in my organization, I installed my game's in F drive of my main PC where I used to play, but I decided to format my system and reinstalling the window so I copied all data of my F drive and pasted in other computer's D drive
After I installing the window and re-installing all other softwares I copied the data back to my main PC.
Now I want to know one thing that do I need to re-set the settings of mangae 3d of Nvidia too - or I can go to play ( remember I didnt uninstalled the game) just installed the window
:cheers
MHC

cnbd_novice

International Coach
You might need to install your graphics card driver if not already/update it if needed.

mehkar

International Coach
hahaha I have re-installed every thing except the Game because I copied it
:cheers
MHC

dhooom

School Cricketer
i have got gforce 7100 GS graphic card
3.00 Ghz processor and 768mb ram
my prob is blc 07 stops loading at the starting menu
my system stucks i have to restart
i have downloaded lastest drivers and followed the steps given in this thread but still i face the same prob
plz help......

Sogg_Nomis

School Cricketer
Nvidia FX5500 256mg AGP

I have tried not to have to post a question thought I could figure it out, i have read through this thread so many times.......

I have a AMD Sempron 1.6ghz; 1 gig RAM; and a Nvidia FX5500 256meg AGP; Winxp Sv2

I have downloaded the newest DirectX and the newest Nvidia drives 163.7 and I have followed the suggested setup to the letter. I cannot get this game playable i have no idea why. I used to have a ATI 128meg card and the game worked heaps better, now i know the FX5500 PCI has some problems but surely there is something else i can do.

If there is no support for this card now what is the chances of it being included one day? a reply to this question would be of great help as 2005 is my only hope at the moment to get my cricket fix.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
You probably don't want the newest ones, try downloading drivers from the 9x.xx series of Nvidia drivers as they will support your card better. When I wrote this guide my system was similar but worse to that, same processor, less RAM and an FX5200. I got a new graphics card since then, a 7600GT.

Sogg_Nomis

School Cricketer
thanks for that advise, I found 93.7 which has the exact same options as the one you have demonstrated and it has improved quite a bit, but still on the lowest setting and just to jerky to play, everything is on the lowest setting, all other 3D games I have work fine. I'm coming to the end of ideas,
I am upgrading to 2 gigs of RAM that may help but it is so frustrating that a card 1/5 its size worked better, and I don;t want to go back cause all other games are much better on the newest card except Brian....

Sogg_Nomis

School Cricketer
thanks for that advise, I found 93.7 which has the exact same options as the one you have demonstrated and it has improved quite a bit, but still on the lowest setting and just to jerky to play, everything is on the lowest setting, all other 3D games I have work fine. I'm coming to the end of ideas,
I am upgrading to 2 gigs of RAM that may help but it is so frustrating that a card 1/5 its size worked better, and I don;t want to go back cause all other games are much better on the newest card except Brian....

I have Updated to 2 Gig RAM and now have a 2.4 Ghz P4 running under the bonnet and still nothing...! Any idea if there is a patch coming form Codemasters to support more video cards?

Users who are viewing this thread