Help, help, help! - I seriously need some help.

QuickFire

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Hi everyone,

I am facing a great problem. Recently I upgraded my machine to a 1 Ghz Duron and S3 Savage 4 graphics card. Now I can't play the BLC game, neither in D3D nor in Software mode. There's no commentary at all but the music is there. Also the game simply hangs up after the toss. Previous to the upgrade, all of these were working fine in software mode. I use Windows 98 SE.

I need your help. Please don't let the game die for me. Tell me whatever you know about this. I am eagerly waiting for your reply. Thanks.

QuickFire. :( :( :( :(

This is basically a sound problem and not a graphics problem..... Are u using onboard sound. If yes, then try updating with the latest drivers instead of using the WIN98 drivers......

I think this is the biggest problems with onboard sound.

But what about the pc that hangs up after the toss. Is it also a sound problem?

I don't think so because the music in the game are playing fine.

How exactly does the game hang up?Does it freeze completely or do the umpires move around after the toss...like waiting for the game to start.
Some common things you could try:
1.Upgrade to directX 8.0 or 8.a{NOT 8.1}
2.Upgrade your graphics drivers
3.Upgrade your sound drivers.
4.Re-install the game in the "maximum" setting.

Well it simply hangs up after the toss by the two captains. It means that the captains move as usual but the next screen doesn't come up whare I can select the batting order etc.

Also, the commentary doesn't work at all.

It may be sound problem or a graphics problem. I don't know at all. You can also figure out that its very difficult to find an updated driver for the integrated chipsets. Mine sound chipset is Creative Sound Blaster 128 but its integrated. The newer games like SBK 2001, FIFA 2002, Max Payne, Serious Sam all works fine with sound. I only face problem while playing BLC.

I use Direct X 8.1 presenly. Will I change it to 8.0?

Thanks.

Don't bother about this anymore.
I have successfully solved the problems.

It was really a sound problem as pointed out first by Saptarshi. Thanks a lot. The problem was my sound card was configured only for digital sound. I cahnged it back to analog and now its working pretty fine.

The graphics (only menus) show a few glitches but the game graphics run fine. Thanks again for your help.

Bye!

This has got to be one of the commonest problem blc users face.I also got this for the first time i played it...but i just experimented around a bit with the drivers and it was solved.

By the way am also having glithces in the menu's when i use the mouse{no problem with the keyboard}...been having this problem since i got the game but i didn't bother about it as the game ran absolutely fine.

Hi, it is an easy fix - start the game and when the screen comes up with Brian Lara i.e after the movie and credits but just before the main menu you need to do this: hold down the right arrow key and press enter at the same time. You will hear a funny noise and then the main menu will come up, if you hear music the game will not hang!

[color=#000000:post_uid14]Thanks bognor_dave, u're little trick works wonders. Cheers :D[/color]

Users who are viewing this thread