Hindi Music Thread

Sonu Nigam is head and shoulders above KK imo. His voice is extremely dynamic, and he simply has a really strong hold over classical music which makes Bollywood singing a piece of cake.

KK has a very nice voice too, but Sonu is definitely more versatile. He is the closes thing to Mohd Rafi for this generation (but still obviously a million light years away Rafi Saab, whose voice was simply magical).

Shankar Mahadevan is a great singer too. Almost as good as Sonu. Too bad they don't do a lot of playback singing these days, and we are stuck with one dimensional "singers" like Mika Singh, Honey Singh, Neeraj Sridhar, that Arijit guy, etc

Sonu is one dimensional. His voice is not suited enough for high energy songs. Not saying he can't sing it (he has obviously sung it) but he is not as good with it. He is in his territory when it comes to soft, romantic, slow songs. Shankar Mahadevan can stand his ground equally well in a soft song (Maa from Taare Zameen Par) and we all know he's the king of high energy songs.

Shankar and Sukhwinder are the top league. I would place Hariharan next. Sonu, Udit, etc come after.

It's all opinion, friends. :) Anyway, my favourites are A.R. Rahman and Kailash Kher.

Sonu Nigam is better, just the way Messi is better :lol

Shankar and Sukhwinder are the top league. I would place Hariharan next. Sonu, Udit, etc come after.

Hit the nail on the head. Sukhwinder Singh is one of my favorite artists.

Have any of you heard the album for 2 states, really good album. Very impressed with it. Very rare that I like every song in an album but this one is a good exception. Hope the movie is equally as good.

On the other hand, Bhootnath 2 is disappointing with another rubbish Yo Yo Singh song as a headliner in the album. I am a real admirer of rap music, unless it is done by Yo Yo Singh. And I don't understand why they made another Bhootnath after the ridiculously mediocre first one.

Has anyone else listened to the Holiday soundtrack. Arjit Singh knocking out a few classics. This guy really is something amazing.

This song is just epic! Can't stop playing it and now can't stop humming it. Esp. that instrument piece in the middle is so catchy and refuses to get off my damn head!:thumbs:yes:noway And guess the singer? Its our very own, the legendary Sukhi (Sukhwinder Singh). Sukhwinder and Vishal-Bharadwaj are a killer combo. Another killer combo in this song is Vishal Bharadwaj and Gulzar. Lethal combinations!

"Bismil Bismil" from the upcoming Vishal-Bharadwaj film "Haider" starring Shahid Kapoor, Tabu, Kay Kay Menon and Shraddha Kapoor

I thought this song was average until I got hooked to the tune and the vocals -- quite excellent I must say

Users who are viewing this thread