Hints and tips for guitar beginner

P

pcfan123

Sweet, can't wait to get home and check it (no sound on work PC). Also look forward to the piano vids.

Nice nails btw

D

Dutch

Sweet, can't wait to get home and check it (no sound on work PC). Also look forward to the piano vids.

Nice nails btw

Yeah I am complete sissy when it comes to my nails...do the washing up and everything one handed or with gloves !:facepalm

Last edited by a moderator:

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Online Cricket Games Owned
Dutch - how do you upload guitar if you haven't got a webcam? How much would I need to spend on a mic for that?

MasterBlaster76 added 1 Minutes and 10 Seconds later...

Right! Finally managed to get a video up of my playing! this is a spontaneous improvisation around the song "Stairway to Heaven".

Sound quality isn't much good let alone the playing!:p

Hope to have a few other vids up soon, also of piano!

YouTube - M2U01415.MPG

Nice! I'm getting started with fingerpicking for my next lesson. :)

Do you have to keep your nails long to fingerpick?

D

Dutch

Dutch - how do you upload guitar if you haven't got a webcam? How much would I need to spend on a mic for that?

MasterBlaster76 added 1 Minutes and 10 Seconds later...

Nice! I'm getting started with fingerpicking for my next lesson. :)

Do you have to keep your nails long to fingerpick?

I use a normal video camera.....you dont have to long finger nails but if you want to play a bit classically like I do it is recommended.....

Here is another of me improvising around three Beatles songs: Norwegian Wood, Blackbird and Here Comes The Sun.........just needs to upload to
YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Cswwk2WT_0

Last edited by a moderator:

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Blackbird - that's the song my tutor said he's going to start me off with for fingerpicking - sounds nice. Sounds hard as well!!! :eek: :)

Edit: That's a classical guitar, isn't it? What make is it?

D

Dutch

Blackbird - that's the song my tutor said he's going to start me off with for fingerpicking - sounds nice. Sounds hard as well!!! :eek: :)

Edit: That's a classical guitar, isn't it? What make is it?

Sounds corny to say but actually it is quite easy once you get the hang of it! Yeah it is a Yamaha. Quite a nice guitar actually. I will see if I can get a video of me playing my Ovation: that is a very nice acoustic steel string guitar....

Robelinda

International Coach
Blackbird for me is a 50/50 song for first time fingerpickers, some find it too hard some find it not so hard. Dust In The Wind is a little easier, maybe Vincent too. April Come She Will ( Simon & Garfunkel) is nice and easy too. But overall there arent too many easy fingerpicking tunes, they all require some skill.

D

Dutch

Your Stairway to Heaven cover.

:eek: Eek-ville! I never know what I am going to play when I play something like that...I will see if I can find you a good original tab...or do you already have one?

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
I use a normal video camera.....you dont have to long finger nails but if you want to play a bit classically like I do it is recommended.....

Here is another of me improvising around three Beatles songs: Norwegian Wood, Blackbird and Here Comes The Sun.........just needs to upload to
YouTube!

YouTube - M2U01429.MPG

I haven't got a video cam, but I have a mate with a very high end mobile phone - would that do the trick? I'll do some test recordings next time he comes round, and if they're good enough, I'll upload them so you can see where I'm at. Might include some singing and guitar at the same time. :)

D

Dutch

I haven't got a video cam, but I have a mate with a very high end mobile phone - would that do the trick? I'll do some test recordings next time he comes round, and if they're good enough, I'll upload them so you can see where I'm at. Might include some singing and guitar at the same time. :)

Yeah it will be fine! Be nice to get an impression of how you are going!:yes

Users who are viewing this thread