Hook and Pull shots

i use vinays patch and once played on a hard pitch in W.I and scored 3 sixes off hook shots in teh first 10 overs.
i guess it depends on teh patch, plus in most patches teh bowlers always bowl yorkers!
so get player editor and decreased all teh bowlers accuracy by like 10 points.

Well tbh Robo it varies.

On say a Dusty pitch, plenty of times the bouncers are too short to be pulled.

I reckon you can pull on a Dusty pitch from short of a length.

You'd soon find out.

cricket_lover said:
well, not really. I've played the game for two weeks now, and managed to play some hooks and pulls.

I always felt that hooks/pulls are more possible with right handed batsmen. Try practicing it in nets, its the best thing. In the settings, change the length to short. Also, you have to get into the line of the ball. If you're not in line with the ball, it'll most likely strike your body.

For pulls, press the shift and the arrow key along with D or W key.

hey you aparichit avatar i'hve tried to hook and pull and i've pulled only once be saaley

abhishek1 said:
hey you aparichit avatar i'hve tried to hook and pull and i've pulled only once be saaley
lol
to saaley, try practicing in the nets. There is a difference between hooking and pulling, pulls are much easier to execute.
Timing is an important factor, but with hooks..once u connect, more often than not, it'll reach the boundary.

cricket_lover said:
lol
to saaley, try practicing in the nets. There is a difference between hooking and pulling, pulls are much easier to execute.
Timing is an important factor, but with hooks..once u connect, more often than not, it'll reach the boundary.
I think you and me are the same kind of two species living on the earth and there no more people like us on the earth and please tell me what dow you do? do you study or you are doing a job.

do you study or you are doing a job.
besides the point

I think you and me are the same kind of two species living on the earth and there no more people like us on the earth and please tell me what dow you do?
what?

like i said, for hooks/pulls, practice is not that useful. Just play a 4/5 day match, on easy/medium level, and keep trying.

RoboRocks said:
How short does it have to be?

anythin pitched less than halfway down the pitch, and preferably pitched on the stumps

Users who are viewing this thread