How are you doing in ICC? (any version)

Twiggy_87

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Just bought ICC 2012 and have just started an Australian Domestic Summer. Fantastic to see the Big Bash League also added.

Coach the Bushrangers and Melbourne Stars...lets see how I go.

Bit harder with Australia being so ----, so should be a long term game haha

Watson33

Club Cricketer
2016 season was a arch shaped season: started strongly and was top of all my groups after 4 games, then had a complete meltdown in the middle and finished strongly. Unfortunately that meltdown cost me promotion and also a place in the knockout stages of the Challenge Trophy and 20 Over Cup. Graham Napier and Owais Shah have retired from my team. I also decided not to renew Lonwabo Tsotsobe's contract as my overseas.

In terms of competition winners:

County Championship: The first time in 4 years that this wasn't won by Yorkshire. Middlesex staved off the challenge of the northerners to win the County Championship
Challenge Trophy: Leicestershire were this years winners defeating Sussex in the final
20 Over Cup: Leicestershire won the 20 over cup completing a great seasons of one-day cricket for them.

Last edited:

jacobfelix

International Coach
ICC2006

Finished my 2051 season as Surrey. Retained the County Championship title for the 4th successive time. Also regained the Challenge Trophy which I had lost last season. :cheers

However,after being the T20 champs from past 5 consecutive seasons...this time couldnt make it. :( Also struggling to win the Pro-League from the past 4 seasons. :(

Lots of changes in my team for the 2052 season. :D In came Australians Anthony Ablett(Op. Bat) & Phillip Ball (RMF) ; Somerset batsman Alex Duckett ; Gloucs allrounder Mike Barlow ; Kent paceman M.Driver ; youth batsman R. Nicholls & youth paceman A.Legg.

County Championship :

Last edited:

Sulaiman7

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
Pakistan
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Thats fantastic .

Watson33

Club Cricketer
You're seriously quality at this game!

Shame i'm nowhere near that level though, as my 2018 season proved. Finished bottom of both the County Championship and my twenty20 group, and finished 6th in the Challenge Trophy. Richard Jones and Luke Procter both retired from team. It was a big surprise as Jones was only 31 and still taking 50 wickets a season. In came Suraj Randiv as my overseas spinner and also Maurice Chambers and Toby Roland-Jones to strengthen my bowling department. It paid instant dividends as I won my 1st game of the 2019 County Championship against Essex by 2 wickets even though Roland-Jones injured himself!

Last edited:

1iram1

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Anyone want to face me at ICC 2012? Got the game 4 days ago.

Watson33

Club Cricketer
Moeen Ali just left me at the end of the 2020 season to join Essex saying they have better prospects then us, which might be true, but they've have finished below me in every competition for the past 5 seasons!

Watson33

Club Cricketer
FLT20NorthGrouptable2021.jpg

Qualifiedforthequarter-finalsoftheTwenty20in2021.jpg

Finally qualified for the knockout stages of a competition!!!!!!!! Only took me until the 2021 season. Got Hampshire in the Twenty20 cup quarter-finals :) Also, got a number over Moeen Ali for leaving me, Essex didn't qualify out of their group so their 'bright prospects' didn't come good did they? :P

hedger_14

ICC Chairman
Decided I would give ICC06 a shot for the first time in ages and started a save with Warwickshire. Regretted that considering their horrible pace bowling attack and we saw the troubles in our opening match with a 239 run opening partnership as Sussex made 540 all out. We nearly managed to avoid the follow on after Loudon and Tahir put on 89 for a 10th wicket partnership, Loudon falling two runs short of a deserved century. Our second innings batting effort was better, with Compton, Parker, Trott and Wagh all making fifties with Loudon finishing 31* and we set Sussex 174 for victory in the final session. It looked like they would chase that down but the spin bowling duo of Loudon and Wagh ripped through them, Loudon trapping Lewry in front to take the final wicket of the match and finish with a match performance of 10 wickets and 129 runs.

SussexvWarwicks_zps5c4ed25b.png

Watson33

Club Cricketer
2022FLT20NorthGroupTable_zpsf48a3483.jpg

Qualified for the Quarter-Finals of the FLT20 again! Second season in a row i've managed to do that. I'm finally getting to grips with the T20 format. The fact i'm 8th in Division Two of the County Championship and 7th in the CB40 Group B doesn't really matter to me after I qualified for the QF's of the T20! It is an even better achievement after I was actually bottom of the group after 2 or 3 games so to finish 2nd in the group is unbelievable!

FLT20QFdraw2022_zpsad010d28.jpg

Tough Quarter-Final draw however. After getting drawn against the limited overs kings Hampshire last time and losing, I have got drawn against the prince of limited overs cricket Somerset this year! I'll probably have the season finished by tomorrow night as I have a lot spare time now I've finished University for Christmas. I'll post screens of all the formats now i've got a photobucket account set up :P Although the CB40 and County Championship both look like being complete car crashes!

Edit:

2022FLT20Quarter-Finalwin_zpsaa83f9a0.jpg

Through to finals day of the FLT20 for the first time ever! Big commitment to win this tournament now!

Edit 2:

2022FLT20semi-finalwin_zps68106c7f.jpg

Edging ever closer to my first ever trophy on Cricket Captain! Through to the final after beating Yorkshire by 5 wickets. Start of my chase began really poorly and I was needing 9.0+ an over when Richard Sutherland and Shakib came to the crease, but magnificent batting from those to ensured that I reached the final of the Twenty20 for the first time ever! And also the first time in Worcestershire's history.

2022FLT20Champions_zps2be6473d.jpg

2022FLT20Knockoutstages_zps5bba3dfd.jpg

WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!!! Finally, my first ever trophy on a Cricket Captain save. After all the seasons gone by of mediocre performances I have finally won a trophy. Daryl Mitchell really was the outstanding performer in this game, his 88n.o made sure we got home safely after a little mid innings wobble. It's a shame I couldn't win this with Moeen Ali in my team as he really did perform well for me over the 10+ years I had him but it wasn't to be, and in honest, Chris Middleton would have never been brought in if Ali hadn't left and Middleton was a huge factor in winning this! Trent Boult, who has been awesome all year as my T20 overseas did a good job of getting rid of both openers. In all honesty, after Leicestershire posted that 199/6 I thought I was just going to have to settle for Runner-Up, but it must have been an absolute belter of a pitch! Should get a decent amount of prize money to invest in the transfer window too! Not too long to go in my season now, will post a full review of it on another post as I don't think I can edit this one any more than it already has been!

Last edited:

Watson33

Club Cricketer
Apologies about the double post, but I don't think it's avoidable on a thread where there is only really 3 people who few it regularly (and one seems to have disappeared!). Finished the 2022 season.

2022CountyChampionshipDivisionII_zpsaaddad34.jpg

County Championship was a disappointing campaign. Simply could not take enough wickets to bowl sides out cheaply enough, to then allow me to build and lead and go on and win the game. I think I conceded over 500 in the first innings in 7 games last season. Batting was okay, and was often the saving grace when asked to follow on and trying to draw the game. Too many draws also, convert half the draws into wins, i'd have probably got promoted.

2022CB40GroupBfinaltable_zpsed74b4c2.jpg

The Challenge Trophy was also another disappointing campaign for me, where only Scotland being completely useless saved me from finishing bottom of the group. This competition is never one of my main priorities however, and when I reached the knockout stages of the Twenty Over Cup it went even further on the back burner.

2022FLT20Knockoutstages_zps5bba3dfd.jpg

Arguably the best campaign I have ever had on a Cricket Captain save, and to date, the only tournament I have won! The Twenty Over Cup started poorly for me, being bottom after 2 or 3 games, however I went on a big winning streak to finish 2nd in the group on NRR. Then in the knockouts, all the games were closely fought encounters, but I managed to win them all and bag myself ?100,000 as prize money.

2022seasonsummary_zps818875a2.jpg

Overall, not a hugely disappointing season, but that is largely thanks to the win in the Twenty Over Cup. Somerset claimed the County Championship and Middlesex claimed the Challenge Trophy. The main reason that I struggled is evident when you look at the difference between the leading wicket taker, and then my leading wicket taker.

2023Squad_zps37bed366.jpg

This is my squad for the 2023 season. Stuart Broad was on the contracts list so I thought i'd edge my bets and snap him up, he was only asking for ?20,000 salary. Also in came Rory Hamilton-Brown, Ian Peterson, Glenn Best, Shakib Al-Hasan (overseas), Trent Boult (T20 only) and E Saini (T20 only). Bowling attack looks much more potent this year, despite me deciding to get rid of Toby Roland-Jones and with David Hales and Craig Meschede retiring. The David Hales one made me realising how long i'd been playing this save for, now that my regens are beginning to retire! :P Any ideas on how to improve the squad next year? I'm thinking that Chambers, Mitchell, Sutherland and Broad are near retiring.

Watson33

Club Cricketer
2023 season summary

County Championship

2023CountyChampionshipDivII_zps191c8bf5.jpg

Yet another woeful season in the longer format of the game. Never really got going this season, and was well out of the promotion charge after the first few games. Disappointing really as the longer format of the game was something I tried to concentrate on this season.

Challenge Trophy

2023CB40finaltable_zps49cc3bcf.jpg

Improved performance in this years Challenge Trophy, and if it hadn't been for the other competition taking preference, I may have gone far in this tournament. But in all honesty, it does not appeal to me in the slightest. It has the worst prize money out of all the tournaments. I'm pretty happy with a 4th placed finish.

Twenty Over Cup

2023FLT20Groupfinish_zpsf2a583db.jpg

The group was a lot tighter this year, and I even lost the final group match that would have guaranteed me a quarter-final spot but luckily Yorkshire failed to capitalise also. Onto the knockout stages for the 3rd season in a row. I am really beginning to find the formula for success in this format.

2023FLT20winnersagain_zps618e6b42.jpg

Champions yet again! Following on from my first ever tournament win, I then went and bagged a second as I successfully defended my Twenty Over Cup trophy by beating Glamorgan, Somerset and then Middlesex to win the tournament.

Review

2023seasonsummary_zps293f3e5d.jpg

A pretty poor season again, and even the victory in the Twenty Over Cup can't overshadow it this time. Not enough runs or wickets taken, with none of my batsmen making 1000 runs in the season for the first time ever. Big changes next season I think. A good season though for Somerset, as they won the County Championship and Challenge Trophy, so they have some money to spend in the contracts section!

hedger_14

ICC Chairman
Not a bad effort from Hughes and Hackford. Second innings efforts also included centuries from Watson and Rogers, opening the batting.

AUSvSRL_zpse06cb667.png

Aislabie

Test Cricket is Best Cricket
Ireland
PlanetCricket Award Winner

_63982403_63982402.jpg

Couple of performances to share here, firstly is me mucking around against the MCC in a Tour match. Chanderpaul has a decent game.

Second one, Ryan Harris took four in four to obliterate the Sri Lankans, although they recover to make it to three figures. Dave Warner then has quite a good knock in the chase.

Both are Normal difficulty, un-edited. Loving the MotM in the T20.

103751d1359308524-how-you-doing-icc-any-version-not-bad-chanders.png

103752d1359308524-how-you-doing-icc-any-version-not-bad-warner.png

Attachments

• Not bad, Chanders.png
    Not bad, Chanders.png
    67.6 KB · Views: 181
  • Not bad, Warner.png
    Not bad, Warner.png
    74.6 KB · Views: 178

Users who are viewing this thread