How are you doing in ICC? (any version)

i have just started a season with yorkshire, and decided to skip through a couple of seasons, only signing youth players, and "starting from scratch" if you like. i have got some decent players, and with coaching i think they could be ok.

I'm finding this version really hard compared to previous versions. Really struggling with somerset.

I've been playing as Durham and won the Challenge Trophy and the County Championship :) Just lost out on getting to the quarterfinals for the T20s though.

I just came second in the County Championship by one point :mad:

And then when you look back you will see atleast a couple of instance where you got bowled out for 196 or 248 or 299 and regret that you missed a point there...

I hate international call-ups :laugh

My attack consists of Gilmour, Keath, White and two rookie regens. SA just got 4/613

Can I ask you Aussies what happens during the season (real life) when players get international call-ups? Is there a protocol, or can the above happen?

I just beat Middlesex by 1 run in a T20 with Sussex. First season of the save, T20 is coming back after a bad first 4 games, Championship is going okay.

Struggling to pick 2 of Arafat, Smith and McCullum to play. Currently with the former two.

Honestly, the international players rarely play that I don't even count the likes of Michael Clarke as part of the NSW squad. But when a usual squad player gets called up you can call in anyone to replace them - from players with a contract with your state to players playing grade cricket (in your state). Not sure what the exact ruling to the letter is, but pretty sure that's it.

After being convinced this version is IMPOSSIBLE in aus domestic with the worst season I have ever had in any ICC game (last OD, 2nd last FC - didn't win a FC game (3 losses 7 draws) and only winning two OD's) my second season has been a huge improvement. First in OD after 7 games (6 wins 1 loss) but FC is still ████, 6 games 6 draws! I can't win on FC. The pitches are too good, every innings is 300+ almost.

Struggling to pick 2 of Arafat, Smith and McCullum to play. Currently with the former two.

I'd go with Yasir and McCullum when Luke Wright and Mike Yardy are available, but maybe Smith over McCullum if not, to add some balance to the side. If Yardy and Wright are available, you have enough allrounders anyway, with Nash being a useful bowler as well.

Playing as England now, but I refuse to play any players who I don't like, and the squad looks and feels a little diminished without Kieswetter (gun), Pietersen, Trott, Sidebottom and various others who might have come in to replace them :p Nash has been a surprise with the ball though, I initially brought him on to tide over until the new ball with Swann, but now he has 13 wickets @ 17.38 :eek:

Last edited:
Honestly, the international players rarely play that I don't even count the likes of Michael Clarke as part of the NSW squad. But when a usual squad player gets called up you can call in anyone to replace them - from players with a contract with your state to players playing grade cricket (in your state). Not sure what the exact ruling to the letter is, but pretty sure that's it.

After being convinced this version is IMPOSSIBLE in aus domestic with the worst season I have ever had in any ICC game (last OD, 2nd last FC - didn't win a FC game (3 losses 7 draws) and only winning two OD's) my second season has been a huge improvement. First in OD after 7 games (6 wins 1 loss) but FC is still ████, 6 games 6 draws! I can't win on FC. The pitches are too good, every innings is 300+ almost.

I agree that FC is pretty impossible to win in Australia. I think I had 1 win, and the rest were draws or something

I just gave away a 437 first wicket partnership to Tasmania. They batted the whole first day, and were scoring at over 4 an over :facepalm

All my first team bowlers are injured or overseas but still you'd expect Wright, Cleary, Pattinson and McGain to take at least one wicket on the first day...

Chewie added 5 Minutes and 31 Seconds later...

This is what happened in the end:

They had one session to chase 177. They tried real hard for it, and got so close. In the end all four results could have happened. If they had scored 2 more runs they would have won. If I had taken 1 more wicket, I would have won. It ended as a draw, and if they had scored 1 more run, and I had taken the last wicket, it would have been a tie.

Can I ask you Aussies what happens during the season (real life) when players get international call-ups? Is there a protocol, or can the above happen?

I just beat Middlesex by 1 run in a T20 with Sussex. First season of the save, T20 is coming back after a bad first 4 games, Championship is going okay.

You can even replace a player during a game. But I suppose that's obvious. There's no real strict ruling, or compensation.

Just played my first "get out of jail free card" in 2010.
We got rolled inside the first day for 250 against the university team, but came back to pick up an easy win.
In my first proper match picked up a comfortable win against Warwickshire.
We were only sepeerated by one run on our first innings', but rolled them in their second innings for 150 and chased it down.
Chapple took 10 for the match, and Anderson got five.
Chanderpaul got a first innings duck, but then went on to lead us home in the second innings with an unbeaten 70 odd.

Users who are viewing this thread