How are you doing in your career?

Has anyone been able to hit a Six in carrer mode through the created player? I have tried a lot but always fall short of the boundary.

I've hit a couple. Both on the leg side boundary. One med fast pitched too short and wide, and an off spin full toss. But I got out many times trying to force it. I really don't use L2 much at all now unless it's for a ground shot.
At least not until my guy has evolved into a batting machine :lol

Last edited:
I've hit a couple. Both on the leg side boundary. One med fast pitched too short and wide, and an off spin full toss. But I got out many times trying to force it. I really don't use L2 much at all now unless it's for a ground shot.
Most of my sixes are off spinners, double step L2 drives! ;)

International selection is not showing up for me on the selection status screen. Has anyone else come across this and is it a bug?
It should come up once you get to FC level and when a tour is coming up I think?[DOUBLEPOST=1483002444][/DOUBLEPOST]New episode out, really battling with the ball (and bat) and pretty much life.

Scotland is killing it in tests once again incredible
15697589_1317806244948875_5501656315991327738_n.jpg

Can someone briefly explain this to me - I haven't really heard about except seeing it mentioned briefly. Curious to know as much as I can before I can get the game, haha!
Old is age
Level is your career xp level
Rating is your overall skill

Old is age
Level is your career xp level
Rating is your overall skill

I just meant the 'level' bit. Does that have any effect on your ability or selection, or it's just the XP you've earned on your profile across the game like last time. I thought you meant something new to career, unless I'm misunderstanding.

At least not until my guy has evolved into a batting machine :lol
I hit a six today, which was through an edge on the off side boundary. I tried to hit a grounded cut shot on the off side from a medium pacer and it went for a six :p[DOUBLEPOST=1483021723][/DOUBLEPOST]After playing 10 matches in Domestic circle I have been rewarded captaincy of my team, for some weird reasons my opening batsman is a bowler, I have to change his batting order in every game, is there some way to save the batting order?

Has anyone had any issue with getting select for FC cricket? Im into year 2020 now with a rating of 72. Ive just been selected for the IPL and played in numerous others but never seem to get called upto FC or One Day comps (English County Championship/One Day), despite them both saying expecting to be selected. I think ive been selected for Aus,Eng, Pak, NZ, WI and now just recently Ind T20. Recently declined all offers to see whether that would work but doesnt seem to make a difference. Im an Allrounder with a T20 average of about 25-30 bowling stats fairly similar. Any suggestions?

It should come up once you get to FC level and when a tour is coming up I think?[DOUBLEPOST=1483002444][/DOUBLEPOST]New episode out, really battling with the ball (and bat) and pretty much life.

Ohhhhh ok mate thanks for that

Hi All,

I recently purchased DBC17 and I started my career in England with Richmond and eventually Middlesex - working my way up my batsman is now rated 91 - only problem is that seems to be the limit. I am unable to play for England.

I thought perhaps I had made an error and restarted with another career and the same thing happened.

I then started a career in Australia and there is no problems being called up to the Australian team - therefore is DBC17 limited to playing international cricket in career mode as Australia only?!

Any advice would be great.

Thanks,

SebG

Can anyone help with the above? Really annoying.....unless I am being a complete idiot....

Is there a way to see how close to international selection I am cos I can't seem to get selected despite good performance at domestic level
Press triangle on the player option... Where you can see your player rating, instead of pressing "x" press "triangle"

I started a career as Nathan Astle yesterday. I wanna recreate the fastest Test Match double century in history (which still stands after 16 years)
But after playing my first season I gotta say fitness is an issue. A few less beers & pies might be a good first step towards an illustrious cricket career.
I seem to have either an ok day with the bat, a good day with the ball, or a shitty day all together.
I scored one half century, a 48 & a bunch of 20s & 30s. And probably around 15-20 wickets. I bowled 3/12 one day. So proud. But usually only get one wicket a game, sometimes none. Don't have any stamina left after the first innings... Astle is bent over panting like he just ran a marathon after running for 2 half the time. I can see it being a real struggle in longer forms of the game. So I'm seriously considering hanging up my bowling shoes & starting again as a batsman only.

I started a career as Nathan Astle yesterday. I wanna recreate the fastest Test Match double century in history (which still stands after 16 years)
But after playing my first season I gotta say fitness is an issue. A few less beers & pies might be a good first step towards an illustrious cricket career.
I seem to have either an ok day with the bat, a good day with the ball, or a shitty day all together.
I scored one half century, a 48 & a bunch of 20s & 30s. And probably around 15-20 wickets. I bowled 3/12 one day. So proud. But usually only get one wicket a game, sometimes none. Don't have any stamina left after the first innings... Astle is bent over panting like he just ran a marathon after running for 2 half the time. I can see it being a real struggle in longer forms of the game. So I'm seriously considering hanging up my bowling shoes & starting again as a batsman only.
Simulate a match and your personal attributes will go up. It's an annoying bug but it's the only way atm

Users who are viewing this thread