How are you doing in your career?

Spoobir

Thread of the Month March 2018
Oh really? , Did it rain legit, it never happened with me, maybe as I start my carrer it would rain. Hopefully BA puts rain more often and a option in causal matches in the next patch

Err if there was a graphical rain effect I didn't notice it.

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
Got selected in IPL and currently playing for RCB..Played a decent innings to get the team to a decent total creating a 50 run partnership..

20170211225633_1.jpg

20170211225653_1.jpg

This player has chosen the wrong format for sure..

20170211224521_1.jpg

passwordistaco

Panel of Selectors
Yes very true hence the need for jumpers in a four day game perhaps rain delays so that strategy takes it's place (not actually had one) so you have to force the pace or play out a day. Are we holding too much hope for patch four...?
I hope not, it should have been in the game from day 1

Saeglopur

County Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Got called up for Worcestershire in the County Championship after two and half seasons at club level after making it into the 30s a few times with the bat - Started well with the ball, taking three early wickets, and picking up a few more in the next few games to give me ten wickets from my first four matches, with my best bowling figures so far along the way. With the bat, struggled though, averaging just 7.25 from my first four innings.

Then game the match against Sussex and I still can't quite believe what happened - I scored 94 and 124 with the bat, more than doubling my career 'fours' total on the way (bear in mind my previous highest score was 37*), and took 6-19 and 2-25 with the ball, giving my my fifth best innings figures ever on DBC and I think my second best match figures, in addition to smashing my personal best scores on this year's game alone.

We've got one more county game left, and we're in second, so hopefully we can get promoted, and then it looks like I might be off to New Zealand, where some of the selectors have been impressed with my recent form. In short, I picked up my first 50, my first 100, and my first 5-for, all in the same match, haha! Not often that happens.

Edit - I see in my stats, it says I have two 50s and one 100. Pretty sure that should be one each, right, if we're talking 50s and not 50+s.

Last edited:

Chaudhary

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Got selected in Indian test team vs England
1st test going on, batting on 224* ,team score 334/3 55 overs.
I have to check the difficulty setting after the game AFAIR i set it to legend / hard but i am finding batting very easy right now

update- got out for 239
20170212153454_1.jpg
20170212155547_1.jpg
20170212155611_1.jpg

Last edited:

thisISjoel

School Cricketer
Made 64 in a first class game! On easy and with sliders like shot power (or whatever it is) up, but at least it was fun :)

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
Made 64 in a first class game! On easy and with sliders like shot power (or whatever it is) up, but at least it was fun :)
I always feel people shouldnt be ashamed on the level they play..This is a game not a competition, so enjoyment comes first regardless of what kind of gameplay they have..So everything is welcomed to share their experience with this game..

Saeglopur

County Cricketer
Just come into bat for Worcestershire against Kent...and Moeen Ali has just been given the ball against me! I didn't even realise players could swap teams, haha!

D

Deleted member 46200

I always feel people shouldnt be ashamed on the level they play..This is a game not a competition, so enjoyment comes first regardless of what kind of gameplay they have..So everything is welcomed to share their experience with this game..
Always, I am probably the worst player here unless there is an element of male bravado...? I'm not ashamed of my low figures on easy level.[DOUBLEPOST=1486992403][/DOUBLEPOST]
Just come into bat for Worcestershire against Kent...and Moeen Ali has just been given the ball against me! I didn't even realise players could swap teams, haha!
Depends on the money!!!

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
Always, I am probably the worst player here unless there is an element of male bravado...? I'm not ashamed of my low figures on easy level.
Thats the best part for me, all kind of people coming in and sharing their experience here...And a Female player for DBC is something which BA would have targeted as well with the introduction of women's cricket which was the huge plus in this version for me..It gets the cricket lovers regardless of the gender and that's a victory for the game in itself...

Jerm

International Coach
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
Except when it is an online competition ;) at LENGEND level -- they I am having to "practice" in career on hardest :(

Chaudhary

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
After scoring a sensational :D double ton on test debut, I went on to score 100 on odi debut :cheers
20170213141203_1.jpg
20170213141216_1.jpg
20170213141630_1.jpg

Difficulty setting legend/hard

D

Deleted member 46200

Well, in the last over with four to get I took a single of the first ball expecting my colleague to either take the game or oblige with another single. Nope she stood there doing nothing Bitch! We were denied our first win.

Saeglopur

County Cricketer
Well, in the last over with four to get I took a single of the first ball expecting my colleague to either take the game or oblige with another single. Nope she stood there doing nothing Bitch! We were denied our first win.

It seems to be a bit hit and miss, but it's definitely better than DBC 14 from what I've seen. Though there are some matches where the AI isn't as aggressive as it needs to be when it needs to be, I've seen some matches where it's pretty much nailed it, particularly in the last few overs when it needed to score quickly or lose.

I also had my AI partner stealing the strike for about five overs when I was trying to get my first one day fifty too, haha! I ended up on 43* going into the last over so I just clubbed some fours down to square leg, haha! I quite liked the selfishness of the AI partner reaching his own fifty before me though.

In other news, I had some awful luck with the umpires last night. Had a second plumb LBW not given (again, crashing into middle stump halfway up), and then got given out to an edge which after watching a slowed down replay at different angles five times, I still can't tell if it's there or not. There certainly wasn't a sound, and if he called it right then it's the finest edge I've ever seen, but there we are. Loving the bowling all round though - it's so satisfying when you set up a wicket perfectly.

Users who are viewing this thread