How are you doing in your career?

Since the update, has anyone noticed being moved to the 12th man every time after loading up career mode? I and another person has had it happen every time since. NOTE: These are with careers started before and after the update.
I can confirm this as well. Some issues in career mode still persisting after four patches. As much as I love this game this is not a great reflection I must admit.

Since the update, has anyone noticed being moved to the 12th man every time after loading up career mode? I and another person has had it happen every time since. NOTE: These are with careers started before and after the update.
Yeah, I put this in the bug thread. Pretty annoying and it's happened every time I've reloaded career mode. Even after I was MOTM in the previous match!

Same here! Best game of my career and moved to 12th the next. I reported in the bug thread as well. I hope others do too.

Have to say I'm not seeing this in 20+ club T20 games at career level. Pretty sure I've been selected in every match so far and I'm pretty rubbish averaging about 10 with the bat and 40 with the ball. I'm meant to be a batting all-rounder haha

What's your selection difficulty set to? Mine is normal... I also did a complete re-install of the game after Patch 4 was released and no get best/custom teams, stadiums, etc. Stock standard vanilla install + patch...

Have to say I'm not seeing this in 20+ club T20 games at career level. Pretty sure I've been selected in every match so far and I'm pretty rubbish averaging about 10 with the bat and 40 with the ball. I'm meant to be a batting all-rounder haha

What's your selection difficulty set to? Mine is normal... I also did a complete re-install of the game after Patch 4 was released and no get best/custom teams, stadiums, etc. Stock standard vanilla install + patch...
I think mine is normal. It's not a new career after patch 4. I'm playing FC cricket so I'm not sure if it applies for club games, I guess you'll find out when you make it your FC team. If it still doesn't happen then that's interesting.

Nope hasnt happened to me once yet (PS4)

Career as it stands is unplayable for me.

Selecting your player is so longwinded. Why not have the option to Copy from Academy first thing?

When I select regional teams for a league I still end up with random teams from other counties.

Stats (Crucially batting average) are incorrect. I've used this line before but imagine a Formula One game where all your qualifying lap times were doubled so you started every race from last. What chance have you got of progressing your career when your batting stats are wrong?

Now every time I log in I'm 12th man for the first game.

Like I say career is unplayable. I can tolerate the gameplay, it's very good with the odd random quirk like players kicking the ball from the boundary or the catching circle not being on screen (Rare oddities).

Not having stats save from casual matches is frustrating too. I like to play casual matches as England but treat it as a career or create a team of friends and family but can't follow player progress. It's great motivator to see player averages.

I use Medium everything and play on Pro with normal selection. It should also be noted, from my previous posts, that I am playing on PS4 and having the 12th man problem.

Tbh, now I have given on batting average, what's important is that runs are being counted correctly and wickets

Tbh, now I have given on batting average, what's important is that runs are being counted correctly and wickets

Fair enough but when you have incorrect no. of innings along with wrong Top Score and wrong no. of 50s/100s, it becomes difficult to turn a blind eye. I finally gave up when I saw 2 50s instead of 1.

I don't want to track my stats in an excel spreadsheet and I guess once I'm done with casual matches after a couple of weeks that will be it for the game. Pity coz I played DBC 14 for 2+ years thanks to career mode and correct stats tracking.

IMG_2094.JPG
IMG_2093.JPG
IMG_2087.JPG

1. Perfect ODI century at McLean Park
2. Perfect century in Test against South Africa after patch 4 at eden park.

Last edited:
To everyone having the 12th man issue. Have you tried starting a game, saving and then reloading. I wonder whether that could be a workaround?

To everyone having the 12th man issue. Have you tried starting a game, saving and then reloading. I wonder whether that could be a workaround?

I just tried it and it seemed to work. Not ideal but at least it's something. Let us know if it works for you guys.

Fair enough but when you have incorrect no. of innings along with wrong Top Score and wrong no. of 50s/100s, it becomes difficult to turn a blind eye. I finally gave up when I saw 2 50s instead of 1.

I don't want to track my stats in an excel spreadsheet and I guess once I'm done with casual matches after a couple of weeks that will be it for the game. Pity coz I played DBC 14 for 2+ years thanks to career mode and correct stats tracking.

keep an eye on the forums if you quit the game, there might be another patch for the stat fix, haha.

Users who are viewing this thread