How are you doing in your career?

What did you choose for your career player?

• Total voters
Yeah, you do. But it's a very rare occurrence. I'm into my second year and I've only been asked to bowl once. Kinda wish I could bowl more often though.

Opening batsman. Asked to bowl after like 55 overs in a 4 day and I took 3 wickets in 5 overs but did get hit a bit..
Then the captain ignored me

Yeh bowling logic seems a bit out. I'm a batting all rounder and took 8 wickets between my 2 innings on debut. Wasn't asked to bowl a single over in the following one day match... :facepalm.

Took my first 10 for this morning, as a bowling all rounder (offspin obviously) as we won having only set Glamorgan 109 in their 2nd innings!

Selection Status in Order

Can anyone who has progressed through the year please post how the Selection status progress:

SO far I see:

1 No Chance

2. Long Way Off

3. Getting Close

4. Getting Attention

What button is it to stump someone at the bowlers end :rolleyes. I keep getting the ball as the bowler but he takes ages to do anything with it!

Now getting a grip over batting slowly :D
Scored my highest 19 runs off 30 balls in a first class game.. and was out stumped.. So patience and no fear of playing shots is the key to go which i figured out... :D

Can anyone who has progressed through the year please post how the Selection status progress:

SO far I see:

1 No Chance

2. Long Way Off

3. Getting Close

4. Getting Attention

Think you've missed 3. Fair Way Off

I think getting close and getting attention may be the other way around? I believe 'Very close' or something similar follows that then 'Expecting selection' possibly followed by 'Regular Member'.

Essex just had a 75 run final wicket partnership with Panesar and Tymal Mills off 40 balls, seriously... :eek:? They nearly won them the game despite my figures of 4-8 :).

Edit : Ok, this is stupid, despite those figures above I wasn't selected to bowl in the next match despite 2 bowlers going at <10 rpo.

Last edited:
Took my first 10 for this morning, as a bowling all rounder (offspin obviously) as we won having only set Glamorgan 109 in their 2nd innings!

I took 8 wickets in the first innings of a match and was really looking forward to getting a potential 10 wicket haul only to be completely ignored in the 2nd innings.

pre-patch though so hopefully not an issue now.

I took 8 wickets in the first innings of a match and was really looking forward to getting a potential 10 wicket haul only to be completely ignored in the 2nd innings.

pre-patch though so hopefully not an issue now.

Ah. my 10 for was the same innings, single handedly bowled Glamorgan out defending 109. Was surprised to be given the 2nd over of the innings as an offie, but hey our captain's a genius!

No ten-fers here yet. Best I can do is an 8.

Current Stats - FC:

Games: 5
Innings: 8
NO: 1
Batting Ave: 9.14
Runs: 64
HS: 19
Bowling Ave: 5.63
Wickets: 60
Best: 8/19
SR: 14.73

Current Stats - OD:

Games: 5
Innings: 5
Batting Ave: 10.80
Runs: 54
HS: 20
Bowling Ave: 7
Wickets: 18
Best: 4/9
SR: 11.66
Econ: 3.6

No T20 games played yet.

Proper struggling with the bat, but doing well with the ball. I would love to move up to legendary to make bowling harder, but my batting is bad enough

Got my first T20 50, making 51. Still not improved on my FC top score of 61 and yet to make a list A 50.

Though a batsman often get called on to bowl my trundlers at the death in both limited overs formats and proving very economical defended 8 off the last over in a T20 only gave up 4. Not always called on but fairly regular.

Users who are viewing this thread