How are you doing in your career?

What did you choose for your career player?

• Total voters
T20 final just coming up :cheers. I assume there's no chance of getting selected for the BBL with a 'Getting attention' position? What about 'Getting close' if I put in a good performance this match :D.

just had a truly awesome 50 overs match against Essex with Worcestershire being my team. Worcestershire were at 131-2 after 21 overs when i made my way into the crease, chasing a huge target of 342!.

Wickets kept falling and we were 135-5 at no time. thankfully, i found an able Batting partner in Ben Cox who looked as determined as me to see of the chase. i was very cautious throughout the innings with a lot of singles and doubles and the odd boundaries. we formed a fantastic Partnership of 150+. the scores now is 287-5 by the end of 43rd over. the run rate was climbing thick and fast which means one of us has to hit a few over the top now. i decided I'd take that responsibility when in the next over i tried to hit it for a six over Long on but it was miscued and it dropped safely on the hands of the fielder in inner circle. i scored 94 (97), the lower order could not put much of a show after that as we got bowled out for 323.

Last edited:
My batting is terrible and my bowling good.

0, 1, 0, 4 batting recently. Good figures bowling though.

my T20 stats are

innings 17
not out 5
runs scored 1773
top score 149*
strike rate 236.71
average 147.75
Hundreds 13
fifties 4
ducks 0

and yet Pakistan still not picking me lol.

Woooooo, won the T20 with a man of the match performance in the final :D. Any chance of getting picked for the BBL with a 'very close' selection? Or Have I just missed out on it this year :(.

I'm assuming you can't boost selection ratings for T20 in the other formats?

Last edited:
my T20 stats are

innings 17
not out 5
runs scored 1773
top score 149*
strike rate 236.71
average 147.75
Hundreds 13
fifties 4
ducks 0

and yet Pakistan still not picking me lol.

That's the story of many Pakistani cricketers, take Fawad Alam's example.

Have to say you have some impressive stats. Yyu have got past 50 in every innings, Is this your first career player?

My highest score is 47 at the moment, in about 10 innings, just starting to come good.

Just got my first ever MOTM - sadly not for my batting but rather a 4-16 at the death turning a comfortable run chase for lancashire into a win for gloucestershire.

Making slow progress with the batting but getting there. Determined to get one more 50 before the end of the season, to double my tally :)

That's the story of many Pakistani cricketers, take Fawad Alam's example.

Have to say you have some impressive stats. Yyu have got past 50 in every innings, Is this your first career player?

My highest score is 47 at the moment, in about 10 innings, just starting to come good.
lol well fawad alam is not really a t20 player.
yes its my first career player.

just find the gaps, time the ball and reverse sweep the spinners for easy 2 or 3 runs and you get a high score.

Well something has gone terribly wrong my ps3 freezes everytime I goto my career mode I had to delete it all my hard work and effort got to start again

The progressions in selection status goes:

1. No chance
2. Long way off
3. Fair way off
4. Getting attention
5. Very close
6. Good chance
7. Expecting selection
8. Regular member
9. Core member
10. Star member

At which point do you become captain?

And (question for anyone) who chooses the bowlers when you are captain?

At which point do you become captain?

I haven't a clue, I haven't got past core member yet. @PremierBatsman said he was a star member when he was selected as captain though

If you're captain I'm 95% certain you can select the bowlers, provided you're not simulating.

Users who are viewing this thread