How are you doing in your career?

What did you choose for your career player?

• Total voters
Still fail at calling a run when I think it's been hit well enough to make the gap, but then I look and nope.. didn't.. I get no beers in the change room, that's for sure.
Oh yeah definitely. I sit in the corner of the changing room with two black eyes and no beer half the time. The one consolation is that I know it's my fault with the runs, rather than a mistake in the game.

I think my two highest scores in season three- so far -(81 and 75) were both ended by stupid run outs when my teammate hit the ball straight to cover and I ran. That's only after I get dropped 7 times by the bowler.

Hi

Last edited:
Third season good scores in one day matches 75 and 91 ,
Poor scores in 4 day games no patience !
Looking forward to t20 comp was getting close for selection to aus t20 .
Can someone tell me do you only get asked to play in these other competition at the end of a season ?

Procam is fabulous, experimented with this after my 250 and I felt complete control over my shots in a realistic way. Excellent!!

Got my first TRIPLE ton( 302* from 163 balls ), awaiting my skippers message for declarations.

I might give it a try in my next First class game

----------

Over the weekend i did not hit one hundred, but still had a good weekend

Won the T20I 2-1 against the sth africans.

Finished 4th in the league for most runs overall in the IPL playing as the CSK!! Problem is we only won 2 games for the tournament.

Won the One day International series 3-2 against Sri lanka, but my highest score was 29 in that series, i do struggle with there spinners and medium pacers on the colombo wicket

Currently 2-1 down in a 5 games T20I series against Sri Lanka with scores of 93, 0, 45 in that series so far!

Playing for Middlesex in the P40 when the internationals arnt on at the moment, heading towards the end of my 4th season, will update my spreadsheet tomorrow and post the stats that matter!!

on a side not, ive hit 9 centuries now including a 210 over the List A and First Class formats, yet I still dont have a T20 hundred

I have 4 scores in the 90's......

in my year of 21, i finally made the English circuit via the P40

so after round 15 in the aussie comp, i picked Durham and checked in my bags to the UK. No boony beers on the flight.

In the first match i played at what looked like Adelaide oval/Perth but was supposed to be Trent Bridge

Next match i played in some country oval with trees on the boundary. nice. this ground was smaller too.

its nice to seems some different parks. im averaging about 30 in the P40. feels alot easier, with more medium pacers and smaller fields. havent made a century for a while, but im still putting in 50's and raising my avg ever so slighty by half a run every innings.

Im very close to the T20 UK comp, and getting attention from ODI and IPL. So i need to keep the runs flowing and push my credentials to furthur selection. Country n Test im still a no chance. Looks like im gonna do this the David Warner way

I'm a Star Member in most of the formats and clubs, and only Core Member in International ODI and Test...

3rd season and I'm 18 years,,,a century is a dream far fetched for me, my averages go between 5 and 10, can pass the 15 mark.

All-rounder who knows one thing, bowling, batting is :facepalm

Don't know if I should wait for #patch2 to get balanced batting and bowling as @Ross has said, otherwise I can continue to bowl well and captain my country, but my batting doesn't qualify me as an allrounder:noway

My Zimbabwean off-spinner (No. 11) is batting with Shingi Mazakadza in a Test vs South Africa. Got my maiden test half century off 118 balls, because I am having some problems against Robin Peterson. However, Philander and Steyn are easy pickings so that is my source of runs. Shingi has had a batting miracle and is 86*. Tough but I'm enjoying the challenge.

Unfortunately, my Test commitments (5-match series, because I edited the tours) mean that I can't play List A cricket, so I can't get my ODI selection stays up. I guess Test cricket is for me, just like Nathan Lyon.

I started my career with victoria bushrangers, now if I get an offer for an english domestic team should I take it or decline it.....will it make a difference in my selection chances for my international side if I decline the offer?

I started my career with victoria bushrangers, now if I get an offer for an english domestic team should I take it or decline it.....will it make a difference in my selection chances for my international side if I decline the offer?

No, it is actually better. More opportunities to showcase your talents.

Slightly off topic but as my career player isn't as successful with the bat, I thought I'd share this. In real life, 3 games in to the season I have made scores of 16*, 3*, and 49!! @68. Gutted yesterday to be one short of my 50, but got caught (by Biggs favourite fielding position, mid on) tryin a cheeky chip!

Discussions heard via the stump mikes number 4

Oi you?

Yeah mate?

WTF are you doing here?

What do you mean?

What I feckin mean is that you are still at school, dont even shave yet, you wouldnt know what to do with a girl even if she danced up and down the pitch starked naked yet you come poncing on here thinking your Zeus's personal assistant and then to top it all you hold a bat like a nancy boy on a night out in Portsmouth and think you can bowl just because spin is so heavily overrated in our virtual world.....

Sorry mate, I'll get me coat......

Impressed by your arms though mate, feckin massive biceps going on there....do you work out?

Discussions heard via the stump mikes number 4

Oi you?

Yeah mate?

WTF are you doing here?

What do you mean?

What I feckin mean is that you are still at school, dont even shave yet, you wouldnt know what to do with a girl even if she danced up and down the pitch starked naked yet you come poncing on here thinking your Zeus's personal assistant and then to top it all you hold a bat like a nancy boy on a night out in Portsmouth and think you can bowl just because spin is so heavily overrated in our virtual world.....

Sorry mate, I'll get me coat......

Impressed by your arms though mate, feckin massive biceps going on there....do you work out?

Not bad this one....

So am i right in that patch 2 the batting will be easier and the bowling harder?

If so watch out, i averaged 59 in the ipl series i just played... I could average 100 if they make it easier!!!

Lovely!!

Just finished my first season in career mode with Durham, didn't get any offers though :(

Struggled a lot more with the batting than the bowling, averaging 20 in the county championship and only getting 2 fifties batting at 5. Was a lot better with bowling, with 86 wickets at 5.79 :D

Hopefully my batting will improve this season

I might give it a try in my next First class game

Yeah, it is definitely promising giving a feel of playing real cricket. If you are good in real life batting, I don't see you getting out unless you play it poorly. Such a complete control over where we hit. :)

Oh boy, loving the pro-cam. Last 100 runs for me, I am scoring in realistic way. Marched to 350* runs now & my skip is yet to declare. Currently we are 506/8 with massive lead.

Highlights of this Innings :
  • 352* from 213 balls
  • 3 century partnerships - 149 for 4th wicket, 146 for 5th wicket, 129 for 7th wicket. In that 7th wicket partnership, myself & AI(my partner) dominated equally where AI was dismissed on 48 runs from 61 balls.

Am enjoying it currently with my skipper allowing me to play without declaration. :D Also, feeling the heat of batting with tail ender. Let's see where we end up with.

Users who are viewing this thread