How are you doing in your career?

What did you choose for your career player?

• Total voters
I'm struggling with the fact that my captain appears to be an idiot!

Playing against Sussex in a four dayer, first innings I picked up 7-20 and we bowled them out for 180-odd. Second innings, they're sitting 80-4 and I have 3-12 from 5 overs, when the captain takes me off and doesn't bowl me again :mad

They end up getting 310 and we lose the match :mad:mad:mad

In my second year as a number four precise batter, I finally got my first hundred in an OD in eighty balls. I got out playing a rash shot exactly after that. I also got my first motm. Feeling pretty amped up.

Something's clicked a bit for me on the batting. Scoring a few 50s now.
Had a 75 and a 5-for in a match today - MOTD still went elsewhere...

Procam is fabulous, experimented with this after my 250 and I felt complete control over my shots in a realistic way. Excellent!!

Got my first TRIPLE ton( 302* from 163 balls ), awaiting my skippers message for declarations.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    701.3 KB · Views: 32
my first season in career mode.
really had a very poor season.
i played as an opening batsman.
i also change the Australia domestic to West Indies domestic.

played for Barbados. and played for jamaica tallawah for the t20
right hand opening batsman.

FC -last on the table.
played 15 matches.
scored 786 runs
highscore 75
avg 26.20
50's 4
100's 0
ducks: 2

50/50 place 5th on the table.
played 15 matches.
scored 368 runs
top score 115
avg 24.53
50's 1
100's 1
ducks 1

20/20 finish 6th on the table.
played 7
scored 258
highscore 107
avg 36.86
100' 1
50's 0
ducks 0

Last edited:
in a pretty annoying period, all i seem to do is play t20i - had a real good start to the FC season and wanted to build on that and get moving on my FC career, but not even getting a chance.

county championship is at round 14, i've played 8 games :(

Hey Dougie Bollinger?

Yeah mate?

Stop throwing down the feckin stumps mate, you 're making us all look like tits and your not the one paying for the stump mikes......feckin idiot.....

Last edited by a moderator:
I just scored 400 runs in innings in a first class.
tired to hit for a six and got caught for 400 lol.
took long time to score that.

Discussions heard via the mike cam number 2.....

So skip what's the strategy?

Well boys we are 410 behind and need to bat for this last half hour before close of play and then a whole day tomorrow to try and save the game....

Dig in then skip, block and chip away?

Nah, tonk anything that moves over mid-on......

----------

Discussions heard via the mike cam number 3

Hey skip?

Yeah mate?

You know those 6 wickets I took for 13 runs in my first four overs? Well don't you think it might be handy to let me have another bowl?

Nah mate, I am saving you up for when they need one more run to win off the last ten overs...

Oh allright skip, you're the boss......

My team had a string of really stupidly close games, of course all ended when I was simming. Wins and losses of under 10 runs in all 3 formats.

One match I didn't realise it was the last over, they needed 1 to tie, 2 to win, had a few wickets left. I was just bowling tight line on length as usual, they got a single on the 5th ball, then I notice the score was tied. Last ball, batsman got a good connection on it but I managed to snap the left stick down and to the left and took a diving caught and bowled.. thought we'd snapped it for the win, but then they were on the stands celebrating winning the one day trophey on countback.. didn't even know it was the final.. lolz.

I'm near the end of my third season as a number 3 batsman, and it's been much better. I averaged over 30 in T20's on a run to the final, including an important 81 in the quarters. A rare failure in the final gave Essex a 7 run win. Gutted. I'm now on very close for Aus t20, fair way off for IPL, and long way off for Eng T20.

When I returned to other formats I thought I would cruise it. This hasn't been the case and I struggle to get 30's. Long way off for Aus 50, and No chance for Aus 4-day.

An epiphany for me has been aggressive running. It's actually much easier to run twos and threes than it seems. Making sure you know which end the faster runner is running to is also very important.

Yeah, running is truely a science but is really quite easy. In 4 day format, I rarely have to rush my batsman.. they make singles and doubles real easy, I've also run a few threes without hitting the sprint trigger at all.

Still fail at calling a run when I think it's been hit well enough to make the gap, but then I look and nope.. didn't.. I get no beers in the change room, that's for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread