How are you doing in your career?

What did you choose for your career player?

• Total voters
Managed to get my List A average nudging up to 30 with 5 100s and 15 50s. In T20 I'm averaging 27 with a high score of 91, while in FC I average around 25 with 4 100s and 17 50s. About to start my 6th year and am a regular member in Pro40 and English T20 teams. Am pretty close to IPL selection and hopefully good performances in this year's BBL should get me in IPL.

FC is a different matter altogether and I'm seriously thinking of forfeiting FC games and focus solely on shorter formats. FC simply takes too much time to play and I would rather focus my energy on T20s & List A where matches get done quickly and you can make a difference. Maybe there should be an option of playing "career mode" for shorter formats alone in the next iteration of the game along with a "career tournament mode" where you play in a tournament such as World Cup, World T20 or IPL with your chosen player.

Managed to get my List A average nudging up to 30 with 5 100s and 15 50s. In T20 I'm averaging 27 with a high score of 91, while in FC I average around 25 with 4 100s and 17 50s. About to start my 6th year and am a regular member in Pro40 and English T20 teams. Am pretty close to IPL selection and hopefully good performances in this year's BBL should get me in IPL.

FC is a different matter altogether and I'm seriously thinking of forfeiting FC games and focus solely on shorter formats. FC simply takes too much time to play and I would rather focus my energy on T20s & List A where matches get done quickly and you can make a difference. Maybe there should be an option of playing "career mode" for shorter formats alone in the next iteration of the game along with a "career tournament mode" where you play in a tournament such as World Cup, World T20 or IPL with your chosen player.

Agreed :thumbs

Or better yet put a retirement option where you could retire/come out of retirement for a particular format as you please.

Last edited:
^^ probably, if you are an AR - you might want to focus in bowling in one format & batting in other format. But it is so tough in batting to have your partner( AI ) in defensive mode. Have had multiple 100 & 50 partnerships with AI but I never saw my partner crossing 45 run mark. It's always me who gets the lead to retain the strike.

So I get to 75 in my final T20 outing for Sydney, we're 2nd to bottom of the table so I just went out and belted it around and was ticking along really nicely, then the AI went and stuck... Every. Single. Player. on the leg side... Like, ALL of the team, I had 2 f'n leg gullys for odins sake.

...The Sydney Sixers then put Dilshan on who I'd previously carted off the park for about 24 runs off his first over. He bowled nothing but wide of leg stump ball after ball, I couldn't reverse-sweep him to the offside they were that wide. I left the first few and they were "wided" by the umpire, but it was getting ridiculous by ball 4 so I tried to leg-glance a single to get off-strike, no dice because of the in-close square leg fielder.

...so I went back to reverse-sweeping and got caught out edging it high in the air to the keeper.

This is some bullshit... I had 8 more overs to go and would've had a century.

Patch the field-sets already, guys. Seriously. There's no excuses for the AI being able to put the entire friggin' team on the leg side, the double-fielders down the ground error you can work around and still enjoy playing, but it's incredibly disheartening to be SO CLOSE to a milestone and the AI basically invents a way to get you out because; You're winning. :facepalm

It's the same one bug that is allowing the AI to move fielders individually to plug gaps without regard for the rules. It is fixed for patch#2

I guess I need to take back my words, marching towards back to back tons in next immediate FC match after the OD one. Sent in when we were 3/17 & I am trying to build some good partnerships with we placed on 6/161.

Feels so good to bat out almost the entire session of Day1 & currently on 95*. This is my highest FC score, hope I get the ton soon. 'Play only when you have SUFFICIENT time, else quick matches mindset is going to get you OUT soon' - I am realizing this point myself again & again. :)

I continued playing this but got out immediately after my FC ton. Had chance to bowl only towards the tail enders, after which we resumed to bat on Day2. Once again we were 3/17 but this time I had no patience to bat like first innings and was picking up the gaps with aggression. Fortunately, I am still continuing :D with 2 century partnerships( 149 for 4th wicket & 146 for 5th wicket ). Reached my 200 runs and still batting on 252*(130) which also brought 1000 career runs in FC and 3 back to back tons!! We lead by 504 runs but am yet to see any declaration from my captain!

Am enjoying this FC batting all of a sudden, only problem is my players stamina which is close to fatigue. Thought that stamina would get reset or reduced in lunch session but kept unchanged. :( This is a worry as I am now hesitating to play any shots due to stamina being drained.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    976 KB · Views: 27
Also it was nice to hear the commentators reaction on reaching 250 - He was shouting 'Going.. Going .. & Going.. What a player!', a literal scream work there. :D nice.

Pretty confident I'll be the last person to score 100 in career mode.

Biggs

No chance, I will never get a 100, I don't think I'll ever get past 50, no interest in batting whatsoever, I'm like this in every cricket game.

Basically slog everything and hope for the best, but put the ball in my hand and I'll give it an "almighty tweak"

So I just got selected for India's test team, but I'm still "long way off" for ODIs and "no chance" for T20Is, I thought this was about making your way up to the test team as the last thing? Or is it just based on which formats you do better. I guess it makes more sense this way but still haha

Pujara in the making;)

No chance, I will never get a 100, I don't think I'll ever get past 50, no interest in batting whatsoever, I'm like this in every cricket game.

I just get so frustrated with the miraculous fielding that occurs, almost always between 51 - 65 it's like either batter fatigue starts kicking in or the fielders suddenly become aware of their super-powers and stop everything. It's almost-always around the time the opposition starts putting a fielder down the ground in front of the sightscreen, that's always the first sign of my eventual demise...

The only place I can easily pick up runs is with a reverse sweep, always 1-2 available, however when I try to slog sweep in the same area I get no height or power every time I try it.

Actually, most of my L2 big hits are pathetic no power whatsoever.

Season two has been a mixed bag. A lot of good starts and a number in the twenties and thirties. Still not managing to kick on. Just scored my second odi fifty ending with 63 (60) but am getting fed up with my ai partners which seems to be the joy of batting at five for the bushrangers. Came in at 76/3 and the last three batsmen decided the best way to chase down 260 was to try and play 20/20 cricket.

Have also noticed that the ai seems to set the same field for me every time now - leaving me to score a lot of runs through the leg side area. Strange decision since the ai also bowls on leg most of the time

finally got selected for international duties in a 3 match t20I series against Zimbabwe. Scored fifties in each match with a high score of 76 and i definitely found it much harder on international level. My t20 ave is currently 64 lol:)

Patch 2

It's the same one bug that is allowing the AI to move fielders individually to plug gaps without regard for the rules. It is fixed for patch#2

Good stuff!
When can we expect patch 2? Any timeline?
As well as fielding what other things are being patched?

----------

I'd like to see dramatic spin. Not all the time of course.
My player bowls with 2400+rpm and it doesn't turn much out the rough.
Would like to see it. Although I've noticed the ball drifts quite nicely. :-)

Users who are viewing this thread