How are you doing in your career?

What did you choose for your career player?

• Total voters
Today is apparently my day - finished my first match for Surrey, and am now a 3 helmet:
kuTIgFL.jpg

am now captain of glos t20 as well as "star member" of bbl.

have passed 2000 career runs in both T20 and FC now, about 1600 in List A - probably somewhere near 6000 across the 3 formats

also passed 100k career ranking points

once patch 2 is out i may restart at veteran or legend

]Okay - chose Surrey on that basis and my first match is at Melbourne...

I really hope I see an English stadium at some point.

I really hope Aussie based career mode distributes the venues across in patch2. 95% matches are in Melbourne & hardly I played few matches in Bradman Oval/Sydney CG.

If I remember right, my first career mode on English season based had me to play in different stadiums in England & Australia within 3 seasons. Not really sure as I restarted in other mode long time back!

Am just enjoying OD mode than test mode, I should admit.

I guess I need to take back my words, marching towards back to back tons in next immediate FC match after the OD one. Sent in when we were 3/17 & I am trying to build some good partnerships with we placed on 6/161.

Feels so good to bat out almost the entire session of Day1 & currently on 95*. This is my highest FC score, hope I get the ton soon. 'Play only when you have SUFFICIENT time, else quick matches mindset is going to get you OUT soon' - I am realizing this point myself again & again. :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    962.8 KB · Views: 16
Once you choose your skill level, I chose Pro, can it not be changed?

I'm an offie, but finding taking wickets a bit to easy, as a 16 year old surely I shouldn't be taking 8-10 wickets every match.?

Batting I don't care about, when your as impatient as me then your never gonna score more than 30.

Wish i had started on a harder difficulty, it's a great fun bowling but just a tad to easy

my highest score in list A is 361 lol.

I scored 361 off 114 balls.

----------

My List A stats
innings 15
Not out 0
runs scored 1226
Top Score 361
average 81.73
balls faced 517
strike rate 237.13
hundreds 5
fifties 6

Just amazing how nervous you are going out to bat! I love seeing off the new ball and grinding out an innings. Wish the Ai would stay around a little longer!

So I just got selected for India's test team, but I'm still "long way off" for ODIs and "no chance" for T20Is, I thought this was about making your way up to the test team as the last thing? Or is it just based on which formats you do better. I guess it makes more sense this way but still haha

Scored 52 and 15 in my 2nd Round of County. Both dismissals were so stupid, words can't describe them enough. At the personal score of 52, a well timed *intended* On Drive shot to a fast bowler automatically changes to a leg glence and the batsman is caught by the fielder on Square Leg as the ball just flew off, regardless.

In the 2nd Innings, the Batsman moves too far to off-stumps without me even realising it as I was busy watching the ball. It was too late by the time I got aware of this, I went for the shot anyway which was caught behind by the Wicket keeper.

First Class Stats

Playing for Durham and New South Wales

Batting

Matches: 25
Innings: 41
Not Out: 7
Runs: 1951
Balls Faced: 2166
Top Score: 168
Average: 57.38
Strike Rate: 90.07
Hundreds: 7
Fifties: 10
Ducks: 2
4's: 249
6's: 21

Bowling and Fielding

Overs: 512.3
Wickets: 222
Runs: 1353
Average: 6.09
Economy: 2.64
Maidens: 88
Strike Rate: 13.81
5WI: 28
10WM: 11
BBI: 8/8
BBM: 15/36
Catches: 7

Just finished 2nd year of career, despite being star player for Surrey only played 2 games due to international commitments. 4 innings including 2 hundreds with 136* as my HS. About to start season 3.

Got my first century (start of second season). Chanceless hundred off 48 balls in the Pro40 although aided by some frankly stupid field settings. I think there were 6 on the legside boundary at once point. no-one straight and one guy in the covers.
Not complaining... :cheers

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    473.8 KB · Views: 22
Pretty confident I'll be the last person to score 100 in career mode. Got to 92 last night and got the shakes, FFS... Wanted to "save and exit" but felt like I could do it and instantly edged and was caught at 1st slip...

Gutting.

Close to getting an IPL contract though and just about to start my BBL season so a few good performances away from that milestone.

Still finding batting challenging and a bit of a ballache to be honest with some of the bizarre fields, thankfully figuring out a bit of a routine now in the longer formats where I block a few and they stick in silly mid off (or on) which removes mid off (or on) creating a gap for me which lasts a few deliveries.

I try to hit 2-3 boundaries each over then get off strike... Easier said than done, but getting there.

Career will be the perfect cricket game mode in any game ever made once they patch the fielding issues, I played a quick arcade match last night with PlanetCricket and put on 213 in a T20 off 12 overs playing on "Amatuer" just for fun... So PRO is about perfect for me now and it's challenges are 100% down to the fielding balance and AI field sets.

Followed up with 4 ducks in 5 innings. Back to earth...
I've now got out several times accidentally pushing the LS a bit right instead of straight up and stepping across my stumps getting me bowled behind the legs. Very annoying.

Users who are viewing this thread