How are you doing in your career?

What did you choose for your career player?

• Total voters
Just coming to the end of my 1st year as a 16 YO batting / wrist spin all rounder,

I have "regular member status" for English county (yet to play any games)
Expecting selection P40,
Getting attention Aus test team

The T20s im on Fair way off Indian and Aus,

Third season of career, and I've come closest to 100 in the second game. Whilst I've steadily been improving as I've realised there's more time than you think and have now got at least three fifties, I played Scotland in a one day game chasing 125. Luckily they started with no mid on to machan, and then poor field placing raced me to 40s and 50s. I then realised I could get 100 if I got every single run, and I preceded to do that. Running a single through to the keeper to keep the strike and run out my partner was a lowlight. Eventually I needed 24, and the team needed 20. I managed two sixes and a four off haq before holing out to mid off for 91 trying to keep the strike.

Gutting, but such great fun. It's great to genuinely be rewarded for clever and good batting.

?ber Swann

Started a Career as an English Off-spinning all rounder.
Began Career at Durham CCC and in my first season averaged 50 with the bat with 4 Centuries and 5 Fifties, top score 168 and averaged 5 with the ball in first class cricket!
Durham finished second in the county championship!

In One day I averaged 33ish and bowling was 11.
In T20 averaged 37 and 10 with the ball.

Now I'm at New South Wales and pretty much coming out the same in First class averages. No chance yet to play in other competitions although I'm expecting a good chance to be selected for England in tests.

The game is brilliant although I think bowling should be tougher with more near wickets than actual ones. Fielding AI is ridiculous shying at stumps from the boudary rope and sometimes dropping easy chances more than the real tough ones.

Batting needs to be made slightly easier by that I mean your partner AI and sometimes you press the button to stop backing up and your player doesn't respond properly and also your batsmen should take appropriate evasive measures when the ball is creamed at them.

With spinners I have not seen any dramatic turn. Even though I pitch in the rough with 2000+ rpm!

By the way love this game! Best cricket game ever! Truly captures the sport. And you can tell people who love the game made it!

One thing about referrals. The AI usually uses it up stupidly before I get a chance! Got a decision of out that I clearly didn't hit and the ump gave me out and I had no chance to refer! Missed out on double ton!:mad

But you know what that happens for real in the game so I love it!

One thing about referrals. The AI usually uses it up stupidly before I get a chance!

I don't think the AI (your team) uses referrals. At least I've never had it happen. Are you sure it wasn't a 4-day match? There are no referrals in those.

Am just enjoying OD mode than test mode, I should admit. We were chasing just 200 but I was sent to bat when we were 10/3 & things changed like real life matches.100 partnership for 4th wicket & close to 50 for 5th wicket, I got dismissed exactly on 100( 4th OD ton ). :) Gladly no collapse, we managed to win in the end. Wow, what a match!

Rahul(my career boy) is having good run with bat in OD mode & with ball in test mode. Hope he gets promoted soon before he completes 17. :D

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 14
Third season of career, and I've come closest to 100 in the second game. Whilst I've steadily been improving as I've realised there's more time than you think and have now got at least three fifties, I played Scotland in a one day game chasing 125. Luckily they started with no mid on to machan, and then poor field placing raced me to 40s and 50s. I then realised I could get 100 if I got every single run, and I preceded to do that. Running a single through to the keeper to keep the strike and run out my partner was a lowlight. Eventually I needed 24, and the team needed 20. I managed two sixes and a four off haq before holing out to mid off for 91 trying to keep the strike.

Gutting, but such great fun. It's great to genuinely be rewarded for clever and good batting.

ha ha... yeah when i got my T20 100, i came in after our opener was dismissed first ball, so i had basically the whole innings, but we were only chasing 157... so i did a bit of strike hogging including running out two guys but i got my ton!!!

Just got selected for the Aussies test squad against NZ. Playing as a leg spinner at 8 (bowling all rounder).

FC ave bat: 8 (highest score of 28)
FC ave bowl: 8 (115 wickets for South Aus)

Wish the batting order was dynamic so I could move around.

I don't think the AI (your team) uses referrals. At least I've never had it happen. Are you sure it wasn't a 4-day match? There are no referrals in those.

It was! Cheers for that. I thought we did. When are they active?

just edged a reverse sweep to gully :(

fallen off a cliff in 2nd half of T20 season... started with 69, 0, 89, 44, 118 then followed up with 12, 4, 34 :(

just made 151 for Pakistan against Australia in T20i,Got run out because my batting partner hit the ball straight and bowler got me run out errrrrr...very stupid dismissal.
international matches are really hard I have to say

itshappening.gif
aFZ4AZk.jpg

Finally.

Not sure, and will probably offend one of the English members based on my choice. Surrey because it's easier to spell in updates about my career progress?

----------

Okay - chose Surrey on that basis and my first match is at Melbourne...

I really hope I see an English stadium at some point.

About halfway through my second season with Yorkshire and these are my current career stats:

T20 - Innings: 12 HS: 84* Fifties: 3 Average: 38.33
List A - Innings: 18 HS: 111 Fifties: 3 Hundreds: 1 Average: 29.00
First Class - Innings: 46 HS: 144 Fifties: 6 Hundreds: 4 Average: 34.96

My first class average this season so far is 59.31 so it's going in the right direction :)

Users who are viewing this thread