How are you doing in your career?

What did you choose for your career player?

• Total voters
Guys I have started my career mode as 16 Years old in Pro Level with Helmet Rating of 1. I am still in 1st season and my helmet rating has gone to 3. Does that mean I am now playing on Legend? How will I know when my difficulty level has been changed? Will I get any Pops up or something?

Guys I have started my career mode as 16 Years old in Pro Level with Helmet Rating of 1. I am still in 1st season and my helmet rating has gone to 3. Does that mean I am now playing on Legend? How will I know when my difficulty level has been changed? Will I get any Pops up or something?
You can see that in the practice session [nets] before the match....

I'm going to be taking a break from the game for a while having just finished my fourth season, but here's a summary of my career stats so far.

Runs Scored - 5226
Wickets Taken - 548
Best Batting Innings - 141
Best Bowling Innings - 7-11
Five-Fors - 13
Fifties - 25
Hundreds - 8

played 2 games as left hand no 3 batsman on legend.
As a 31 year old player, you start with helmet rating 4(this helps a lot, you can time the ball pretty well)
i got 3&3*(run out for 3 in 1st innings) and 92 in list a(again run out)
92 of 50
2014-09-07_00011.jpg 2014-09-07_00012.jpg 2014-09-07_00013.jpg

no helmet rating 3 doesn't mean legend difficulty, you can go for net practice, there you can find your difficulty level.
helmet rating inreases with your skills , so greater helmet rating means you have great skills 2014-09-07_00014.jpg

How do you only have so little ranking points and your player is 20 already?

I'm confused lol

If this is to me, I'm more surprised at how many some people seem to have within their first season or two. That makes no sense to me.

I average in the low 20s with the bat and take about 3 wickets per match. Seems pretty realistic to me.

In Net, its showing PRO for my career player. That means I am still playing on Pro Level. Generally at what time I can expect to be upgraded to Next Level (Veteran)?

Also can anyone please advice generally how long it takes to be selected for your International Team?

6U4UW9L.jpg

Gx6H8OA.png

If you started on Pro, then your domestic matches will be played on Pro, and your international matches will be played on Veteran. It was different before a recent update but that's all you need to know for now. You'll be selected for your international side when you play consistently well for long enough. It took me three full seasons to get my first call up, though I've heard of other people here doing it in one or two. Again though, as with the previous post discussion, how the hell you've got 80,000 career points in your first season makes no sense to me.

If you started on Pro, then your domestic matches will be played on Pro, and your international matches will be played on Veteran. It was different before a recent update but that's all you need to know for now. You'll be selected for your international side when you play consistently well for long enough. It took me three full seasons to get my first call up, though I've heard of other people here doing it in one or two. Again though, as with the previous post discussion, how the hell you've got 80,000 career points in your first season makes no sense to me.

I don't know. I am playing DBC14 on PS3 even before it officially released in India (Got it from Palika Bazar 02 days before the Official Release Date). When I was new to the game I tried playing career mode on PS3, but found it too difficult. After that I stopped playing it and only played Online on PS3 and then on Online on PC (I bought it 1st day on release on Steam too). Just few weeks before the Patch 2.5, I have started playing career mode on PC and surprisingly now I find batting extremely easy. I don't know if my Batting has improved after playing so many online matches or the batting in Pro is now much easier than what it used to be before Patch 2.5 (I think it is bit of both). I am batting quite consistently and concentrating very hard on each ball (That what I had to do to survive in Online Mode). I think I have won MOM in about 70% of the matches I have played so far and as of now batting seems quite easy to me. I don't know what will happen on Veteran or Legend Mode, but as of now things are going smooth. Will post my Batting While soon if I get to a decent score.

@Saeglopur:

I'm just averaging in the mid 20's basically for all the formats and take about 4 wickets per match.

I get a lot of MOTM awards that helps a lot with ranking points and when they make u captain of ur sides domestic or/and especially for ur country you get lots of bonus points.

I just finished my second year on just under 500,000 so I was just surprised to see u @ 20 yrs old with not even half of that.

Wasn't disrespecting was just wondering. Thought it was weird.

If u start on Pro you will play on Pro for domestic sides. If u get selected for English County it will go up to Veteran and of course for your Country you will go to Legend.

Like they said u can only move up two more levels.

So if u started on say Amateur you will only go up as high as Veteran.

I'm sure that's exactly hoe it works but surely someone here will correct me if I'm wrong.

It used to go up once when your helmet rating went up, and once again when you reached international level, so it would be two levels higher.

On PC at least, it's changed now, so it's just one level higher when you play at international level, but when you play domestically, it goes back down.

I'm guessing the ranking points are to do with the different formats. I almost exclusively play first class, so maybe I get less points than T20 or whatever.

I have no problem playing the game though, like I said, 5000+ runs and 500+ wickets, 8 hundreds and 25 fifties, I think I've done alright.

Answer to ranking points: getting selected for other leagues. Just getting selected is almost equivalent to earning MOM in itself.

In my second season I've earned 5 times more ranking points than I earned in my first season altogether.

Nice shot selection. How are you able to get so many 2s and 3s? Do you use R2 much? I'm finding I can get to 50 very quickly, but can never last a long innings.

If by R2 you mean block, then absolutely: I tend to use it quite a bit.

I used it a hell of a lot in this innings, which started out being the most unsatisfactory 50 I'd ever made and became my (worst) century ever, because I got myself run out.

BqPCnns.jpg

The 50 annoyed me because it quite literally all came through cover. It's the first time I've played DBC14 and the AI has frustrated me by not really responding at all to what I did, just allowing me to accumulate runs without any trouble whatsoever.

I do like that the only time I used L2 I snotted the ball into the parking lot, though.

Meanwhile, the one day series against Sri Lanka went well. We won 4-1 and I topped the bowling charts (just) and got over 200 runs for the series, although it was basically an ordinary 50s and a lot of scores around 25-30. There was one reasonable innings for 78 though, which I quite liked because this was the chart when I notched up 50.

PuZJerV.jpg

Patience is a virtue, right? The AI bowled to the field and I got bowled later on trying to work around that, but the pitch didn't have much life in it so I wasn't particularly threatened. It's hard to lose games when you post 360 in a ODI.

Well, I earned 55,000 of my points in the last season, but that was mostly down to much improved performances, with both bat and ball. I've been playing in the Aussie domestic shield for three of my four seasons, and the 50 over cup and at test level for England in the past one, and I captain Worcestershire in county and pro 40. I don't have much time for T20 though, so maybe that makes a difference.

Users who are viewing this thread