How are you doing in your career?

What did you choose for your career player?

• Total voters
You have done more than alright my friend. I'm not saying you are not playing right or not well.

I was just asking as I saw ur age and ranking points and was surprised.

But ranking points means nothing. It's ur stats like scoring centuries and taking wickets that matter. And you have done more that alright.

Well, I earned 55,000 of my points in the last season, but that was mostly down to much improved performances, with both bat and ball. I've been playing in the Aussie domestic shield for three of my four seasons, and the 50 over cup and at test level for England in the past one, and I captain Worcestershire in county and pro 40. I don't have much time for T20 though, so maybe that makes a difference.

Yes, I think playing T20 makes a huge difference. I have been MOM in T20 for 90% of the matches and it is so so easy to Hit big shots during 6 Over Power Play. I think someway difficulty for T20/ODI & First Classes matches are not same even in one particular difficulty mode. I have found scoring in T20 easiest, then scoring in P40, and only in First Class, I really need to concentrate 100% for each runs.

It also helps in the shorter formats that the boundaries are shorter - shots that would get you out on the fence in FC get you six in T20/OD games I've found.

It also helps in the shorter formats that the boundaries are shorter - shots that would get you out on the fence in FC get you six in T20/OD games I've found.

Absolutely correct..[DOUBLEPOST=1410120209][/DOUBLEPOST]
yup that's true, especially with hitting boundaries.

You would have made TON of money while betting on me against Rough Soul..You missed the opportunity today...

haha scorecard coming up?

gR8l7e7.png

Detail score card is in Online Play & League Forum

Absolutely correct..[DOUBLEPOST=1410120209][/DOUBLEPOST]

You would have made TON of money while betting on me against Rough Soul..You missed the opportunity today...
sure he missed, even you also missed. you were so sure that i am going hit you out of park every ball.:D

this is going to haunt me for a long time:facepalm:D

Bro, I just got lucky, as it was not your day today. I am sure next time the result will be much different. BTW, bro, can you give me some tips for batting on career mode?

yup that's true, especially with hitting boundaries.
i scored 100 in 24 balls once, including 12 sixes and 7 fours, finally got out for 145 of 45.
grounds with oval in the name have shorter boundaries in the game.

Bro, I just got lucky, as it was not your day today. I am sure next time the result will be much different. BTW, bro, can you give me some tips for batting on career mode?
what tips you need from me.
anyways let me tell you how i bat in career mod.
1> in first 6 ,7 overs i score on off side, through cover, point and gully area.
all shots i play with LT pressed.
2> when they put deep cover or extra cover or cover, i start pulling, on driving, and hooking (some times when there is no fine leg(LT pressed))
usually on on side i don't use LT.
3>sweep spinners, only play them on on side, or hit them out off park if they flight the ball.(i avoid them if i can, without hurting my team).

I avoid playing shot in the air if they have fielder there, even in the 30 yard circle

EDIT i dont leave balls even if they are way outside off stump, swing swing and swing

I don't know what will happen on Veteran or Legend Mode, but as of now things are going smooth. Will post my Batting While soon if I get to a decent score.
You will find veteran and legend also easy, because till then your players's skills will also match up to the difficulty level.

I didn't get the game (PS3) until after the second patch came out, so I've never been able to play without the lofted shot problem. Because of this I have started all of my careers on Rookie. which I know is too damned easy but the number of times I get dropped is just ridiculous (the other issue I have is that I trod on my distance specs a few weeks back, so even on a 100" screen at 3.5m it can get difficult to pick up the ball every time, especially after I've hit it).

Anyways, long story short, I started a career as a #5 batsman + fast medium bowler. Australian allegiance but I started in County, which I think is a good move. I got to play county, P40 and 2020 games in England, followed by a season in Sheffield Shield (won every game but lost the final). The level flicked up to amateur at the end of the Shield season, and I was selected for 2 tests in Pakistan. Now part of the way through year 2, this time as Yorkshire captain. I'll probably drop this career soon and start one at a more difficult level and see how it goes. Maybe I'll get my glasses replaced as well.

In any case, regardless of the level, if you want to ramp up the points early then IMO the best way to do it is to be a batting all-rounder, and start your career in a different hemisphere to the test team you are aspiring to.

I dont know if i was the only one or any others facing the issue , Since Patch 3 in 2nd innings of T20 or 50 Over the batting team is always going slowly Both My team and AI team
Scenario 1 : Redbacks scored 245 in 50 overs , I was playing for Victoria at 4th down 42/2 when i came in at 19.2 overs , i really pushed every thing to get to victory and scored a century(119 of 97(pro difficulty)) and put my team on the verge of victory with 20 needed of 35 balls . and to my horror i lost the match by 12 runs
Final score card : Redbacks - 245/9 for 50 , Victoria 237/6 for 50
Scenario 2: Victoria batting first and i didn't get better score here 33 of 27 and got out but Quiney scored a Century and we scored 289 against New south wales
When they are batting second they scored only 132 for 3 by the end of 50 overs
These are the scenario's i got on top of my head now and is any others facing this issue

Users who are viewing this thread