How are you doing in your career?

What did you choose for your career player?

• Total voters
I didn't get the game (PS3) until after the second patch came out, so I've never been able to play without the lofted shot problem. Because of this I have started all of my careers on Rookie. which I know is too damned easy but the number of times I get dropped is just ridiculous (the other issue I have is that I trod on my distance specs a few weeks back, so even on a 100" screen at 3.5m it can get difficult to pick up the ball every time, especially after I've hit it).

Anyways, long story short, I started a career as a #5 batsman + fast medium bowler. Australian allegiance but I started in County, which I think is a good move. I got to play county, P40 and 2020 games in England, followed by a season in Sheffield Shield (won every game but lost the final). The level flicked up to amateur at the end of the Shield season, and I was selected for 2 tests in Pakistan. Now part of the way through year 2, this time as Yorkshire captain. I'll probably drop this career soon and start one at a more difficult level and see how it goes. Maybe I'll get my glasses replaced as well.

In any case, regardless of the level, if you want to ramp up the points early then IMO the best way to do it is to be a batting all-rounder, and start your career in a different hemisphere to the test team you are aspiring to.

No matter what the format, the best chance of ramping up your points will always be:

a) T20s (particularly for all-rounders)
b) Spending 150-200 balls in a first class match
c) Grinding out net sessions
d) Advancing down the wicket and hitting as many sixes as possible

Dancing down the wicket can get you +4 to whatever the particular shot you have, but it's really only viable if you're going to save/charge down the wicket/save/down the wicket/save/down the wicket, so it's not really viable at all.

Net sessions are great for getting a few points here on there on very particular skills. You'll get 8 or 9 points maximum per net session and only about 4 in the specific thing you want. So, for instance, if you want to train your off side skill and you only hit shots to the off side, you might get 4 points in that, 2 in front foot, one in back foot, and so on.

T20s great because of the fielding restrictions, the range of crappy medium bowlers and spinners that give you slightly too much width and just the amount of games you get through. Although I think I've proved I'm probably not as aggressive a batsman as I could be. But that's the fun of it all, innit?

I'm so very tempted to start a new career with a higher difficulty especially since i have got so used to Pro and after the latest changes to shots going along the ground.

This has been my best season and looks like i will be selected to Aus 50 over by the end of it

@fiction Buddy can you please tell me the sequence of level before being a regular member for any Team in career Mode?

What I am saying is can anyone please provide the exact sequence of level before one gets selected as Captain for his National Team

Starting with No Chance - Long Way Off - Fair Way Off in this sequence, can someone tell the sequence of level a player has to go through before he is named as captain of his National Team?

Few Other levels I have come across so far in my career mode are: Very Close, Getting Attention, Regular Member.. I would appreciate if someone can put it these levels in a proper sequence so that I know how far I am from being selected as Captain of my National Team.

@fiction Buddy can you please tell me the sequence of level before being a regular member for any Team in career Mode?

What I am saying is can anyone please provide the exact sequence of level before one gets selected as Captain for his National Team

Starting with No Chance - Long Way Off - Fair Way Off in this sequence, can someone tell the sequence of level a player has to go through before he is named as captain of his National Team?

Few Other levels I have come across so far in my career mode are: Very Close, Getting Attention, Regular Member.. I would appreciate if someone can put it these levels in a proper sequence so that I know how far I am from being selected as Captain of my National Team.
I think it goes like this.
No chance
Long way off
Fair way off
Getting attention
Very close
Expecting selection
Regular member (here you get offers from teams or get selected for your national side)

I never captained my national side , so don't know about that.

No chance, long way off, fair way off, getting attention, close, expecting selection.

I'm sure in that order if I'm not mistaken or missing one.

As for being selected as captain you have to play a few to many games for that side and perform so that you can go from.........

Regular Member to Core Member and only when you reach Star Member you will have a chance of being selected to captain ur side.

Hope that helps

I think it helps being an all rounder.

My Player is a batting all rounder with med/fast pace bowling.

I was captain of my Domestic sides by the end of my 1st year.

And I was recently picked as Captain for all my national sides at the age of 17 just 5 games before the end of my 2nd year.

So now I'm 18 and Captain all my sides.

Think I would have loved it more to happen on say the age of 21-24 but I'm not moaning hahaha.

Good luck with that. Just grind out good performances and fight for that man of the Match and you'll see how quickly things change around. You be selected in no time

Played a T20 match in career....match went into a super over....the opposition came to bat first in super over....they made 3 runs.....and then my team didnt bat and they won the game.......
Any on seen this...?

My team adelaide strikers..2014-09-08_00004.jpg

I think it goes like this.
No chance
Long way off
Fair way off
Getting attention
Very close
Expecting selection
Regular member (here you get offers from teams or get selected for your national side)

I never captained my national side , so don't know about that.

Will confirm tomorrow and let you know.[DOUBLEPOST=1410164715][/DOUBLEPOST]
Played a T20 match in career....match went into a super over....the opposition came to bat first in super over....they made 3 runs.....and then my team didnt bat and they won the game.......
Any on seen this...?

My team adelaide strikers..View attachment 130262
This is the second time someone has reported this issue. Are you sure you didn't get a change to bat?

When I was playing in a P40 match and was playing well on 39...Got into a great flow with the bat and when I tried to slog one to wide long on area got out....I was like I played the right shot with right foot movement,how could that happen!!!

So checked the interactive replay and saw that the ball pitched on the small crack and seamed in and went through the bat and pad.....Awesome...

I FEEL THIS IS THE ONLY GAME WHERE WE EVEN ENJOY THE WAY WE GET OUT...DBC14 :thumbs

I FEEL THIS IS THE ONLY GAME WHERE WE EVEN ENJOY THE WAY WE GET OUT...DBC14 :thumbs

Absolutely true, this is the only game that has made me to kick myself so hard for playing that ONE careless shot costing my wicket!

We(Essex) are chasing 531 on final day vs Surrey in First Class game.
Reached 147/1 in 20 overs(ran out Gambhir when score was 119)
I am batting on 109 of 66,
2014-09-09_00001.jpg

EDIT Just when i thought it is not worth going after this target, got out while defending a ball out side off stump:facepalm
115 of 91

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread