How are you doing in your career?

What did you choose for your career player?

• Total voters

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I find balancing the cat carefully on your lap whilst playing increases your sense of calm greatly... I credit that for my run of double figure scores lately, perhaps his prescience wards off the possessed demon fielders of Beelzebub at Mid Off?...

Frostyvegi

Club Captain
Yeah.. Ross must be so annoyed at my constant appeals for LBW. Haven't got one yet.. on replay it is always 'just' outside off. The batsman also never seems to miss it when I'm actually bowling on target, but when it's going to just scrape the wickets.. they miss by a mile with the bat and the pads get in the way. then when it's just going to miss the stumps, it misses the bat and the pads.. such a fine line.

Not really having an issue with getting run out personally. Even if the connection is good I cancel any run first.. then make sure I've got time to run a quick single, push it for a 2. The other team, however, really hopeless. Get run out all the time by the accurate fielders (except those two times in a row when he was off the mark and I was apparently slow to hit the stumps with the ball).

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
Pretty awesome in a cricket game that the most dodgy bit is the fielding, since batting and bowling is vastly more complex to get a grip on... In a few years from now we'll speak fondly of the superhero fielder at mid on who crushed the souls of many pla...

...actually, no we won't.

Last edited:

glenny134

Club Captain
Pretty awesome in a cricket game that the most dodgy but is the fielding, since batting and bowling is vastly more complex to get a grip on... In a few years from now we'll speak fondly of the superhero fielder at mid on who crushed the souls of many pla...

I will cos he hasnt got me out once, and he gets you out lots....are you sure your player doesnt have a zimmer frame? If so he aint guna be that quick

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
I just love running quick singles and more importantly getting off strike...

Hawksure

School Cricketer
I really want to play a long career but the bug associated with it is stopping me, has anyone found a counter for this yet?

Snowy

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
Australia
I really want to play a long career but the bug associated with it is stopping me, has anyone found a counter for this yet?

For the 100th time...

• Wait for the fix which has been confirmed
  • Play with default on-disc rosters
  • Individually replace players while keeping the integrity/order of the on-disc equivalents (e.g. you can't remove or add any players, just link them)

madman981

Club Captain
Snowy, just quickly, Can I replace these players individually once i have started a career?

if not thats cool, im in season 2 and after reading your post, wondered if i could replace those players with the real names individually?

Im expecting you to say no, if i replace players individually id have to start again to see the changes in career mode?

Snowy

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
Australia
You've had to start again. I'm fairly sure it's all locked in once you've started.

*Note Ross' post below though. My answer only refers to using the workarounds and not the patch.

Last edited:

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I will confirm how the patch works, I'm hoping for backwards compatibility but not sure.

madman981

Club Captain
OK, I seen this posted before and i just wanted to confirm it with other career mode players as i have notice it in the 2 seasons i have finished so far

I want to state, i have finished 2 1st seasons with 2 seperate players, im not sure if it happens during the 2nd season or every year after the 1st?

Does everyones season end after round 12 of the shield and one day comps, so you dont play the last 3 rounds hence no chance of making the shield or one day finals?

this might be a bug we have to post properly in the other thread?

----------

You've had to start again. I'm fairly sure it's all locked in once you've started.

cool thanks guys

thats fine, i will keep using these careers as practice until the patch comes out and the Real Mick Whiskas starts to dominate the worlds best players!!

----------

I just love running quick singles and more importantly getting off strike...

Amen too that!! getting off strike is such a relief sometimes, especially against those bloody spinners!!

----------

Pretty awesome in a cricket game that the most dodgy bit is the fielding, since batting and bowling is vastly more complex to get a grip on... In a few years from now we'll speak fondly of the superhero fielder at mid on who crushed the souls of many pla...

I must admit, I finding your descriptions of the superhero fielders absolutely hillarious at the moment because i feel your pain biggsy

I totally agree, in a few weeks we should look back at these posts and laugh

I just hope we dont torture rosco and his bigant team with ridicolous posts about how "easy" the batting is after the patch, i hope to the lord that does not happen

if it does, and i was ross, id tell us all to go to hell!!

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
This might just be my favourite one yet - because I made the difference. It was all me, we won because of me. Entirely.

Queensland put on a massive first innings, I came in at 7/265, with the lead for Victoria being just 64. I managed to get my highest score yet of 20 and help build a bit of a partnership with Hastings.

When I got out, the lead was 104.

Tsetujk.jpg

Then, I got thrown the ball, and manage to bowl what I think is my best spell yet - the first wicket I took, not only was I delighted at getting it in such a crucial point in the match, the commentators mentioned that was the 50th of my career. Hearing those little career stats is great, and apparently a huge confidence boost as I ended up taking 3/12 off 6 overs.

rsOcR9F.jpg

Final score -

Y4QExay.jpg

Knowing you have made such a key contribution to the match makes the win seem that much more important. And thrilling.

glenny134

Club Captain
Id almost say the pro batting is perfect once you get the hang of it and atm i dont want the difficulty to change, but if Pro went slightly easier I duno if id stick to that or go to veteran. Itd be good if they just left it as is and added another difficulty between amatuer and pro...like prematuer? ;) thatd be my choice, but Im usually wrong :p

mixz0r

Club Captain
Last night I finished my first year as a batting all-rounder. My balding, bushy-bearded 16 year old self looks pretty funny.

Here are my stats, and like most others; I'm no batsman at the moment.

Format: Played | Points | Top Score | BBI

AUS 50 Over Cup: 11 | 12238 | 21 | 7/21
AUS T20 League: 9 | 4686 | 15 | 5/20
AUS Domestic Shield: 11 | 13127 | 15 | 8/28

So many ducks, so few runs. I'm loving this game though, and it'll feel so rewarding to finally make a 50, unlike other games. Good work Big Ant.

Users who are viewing this thread