How are you doing in your career?

What did you choose for your career player?

• Total voters
Is it just me or are others also feeling bit tiresome playing batting or bowling all-rounder? It seems to take ages to get a chance at batting, which lasts two or three overs at best :facepalm

How does the online career leader board work? Does it give advantage to people starting career early?

Is it just me or are others also feeling bit tiresome playing batting or bowling all-rounder? It seems to take ages to get a chance at batting, which lasts two or three overs at best :facepalm

quite the opposite for me the team im playing for is quite bad i put myself at no 4 and most of the time my openers are out within the fist 6 overs in a odi and 10 to 15 overs in a test. Batting is soooo difficult that i wish they would stay there longer so i dont have to bat

quite the opposite for me the team im playing for is quite bad i put myself at no 4 and most of the time my openers are out within the fist 6 overs in a odi and 10 to 15 overs in a test. Batting is soooo difficult that i wish they would stay there longer so i dont have to bat

By " ... take ages to get a chance at batting" doesn't mean when my team is batting. I just simulate till my turn, which puts me to bat in a minute. What is bothering me is that my team's captain always prefers bowling first, & I have to wait till the opposition is all out.

In addition, my captain seems to be bit jealous of my good bowling performance.
;) As soon as I take 3 or 4 in quick succession he takes me off, even though I have bowled 5 or 6 overs.

Also, the MOM selection panel doesn't seem to like me. I took 10 wickets in a first class match (5 wickets each per innings) & broke the backbone of the opposition. Also made little batting score of about 20 or 30 runs (both innings total). & the AI panel gives MOM to someone who made 60+ runs in the 1st innings & took couple of wickets.

I'm feeling sick saying this, but I love T20s in career mode. There is so much intensity batting and bowling. The pressure that builds after you've faced a few dot balls feels so real. I got a 59 in my last match which has clearly taken the eye of the cricketing world.

Test- long way off
ODI- long way off
T20I- fair way off

County- getting attention
P40- very close
England t20- expecting selection

Indian T20- very close

I got "getting attention" for the England county T20 after my Big Bash season and I squeeled like I was getting winked at by the hot chick...

As of 4 pm yesterday I took a break, it was getting to me, but now, Im stuck at work, all i can think about is my next bat

I am getting better, as ive said, ive hit two 50's both in one dayers for the Vics.

So are you guys saying that the teams are working in career mode after being linked by CA or is it just the vics?

Im not sure if i should start again yet if all the teams linked or wait, the problem is the more i get into the career and the better i get the less chance i am going to want to start again as a 16 year old??

I tell ya, once they fix the fielding aspect in career mode, this game will be epic

The run outs are too much too handle sometimes, ive had the bug where it is like my batsman is scared of the bowler up at the non strikers end and is too scared to get back in his crease, i was on 41 when it happened, ive never been so frustrated, as biggs said, i was smashing the O button and the prick refused to get back in his crease!!

----------

My Tips for batting are very similar to others read on here:

Legside is your best mate, if there is no one fielding at square leg, hit legside every chance, when they move someone to square leg, be very careful as sometimes even when not pushing the power button, it flicks in the air and the square leg fielder takes a diving left hand superman bull crap catch!!

when there is no one in the covers, hit cover drives, be wary of the mid off/ extra cover feilder tho, dont press run until it passes them otherwise the son of a bi#$ch turns into Johnty Rhodes and runs you out every time

In one dayers, if there is no one at point against the spinners, reverse sweep every time, easy runs there

But generally against the spinners, its tough, especially in first class, i have no idea what im doing against spin half the time, almost the safest shot against spin is the lofted shot down the ground if there is no one out, when i face spin, i am so relieved to get the single i usually prey that the batsman at the other end only hits 4's and 2's or blocks

Speaking of blocking, im almost never doing it any more, i have gone out so many times blocking i am becoming jaded, i feel blocking needs to be 90% of the time safe, at the moment i feel safer standing on middle stump and flicking the ball to leg side rather than blocking the ball, especially against spin, blocking against spin feels like driving on the wrong side of the road blind folded on a freeway, i have no idea whats going to happen, usually 70% of the time i get bowled or lbw when trying to block against spin

Fast bowling i feel much more confident, medium bowling has me in trouble until i get the pace and timing right, spin, once again, no bloody idea, i just pray every time they dont put a point in so i can reverse sweep

I have tried normal sweeping, but it seems way too risky, i went out lbw on my first attempt at a sweep after reading advice on here, so really i think making sure i am not on the stumps is very important

I almost never stand on the stumps against spinners and medium pace, too many lbw's, fast bowling i move over a little and rely on my timing

what else...

its alot about trying to face as many balls, my most in 1 innings was my 59 of 62... i felt good that innings, i was playing off side and legside shots, and even straight, then i got cocky thought id block a few balls out, knick to the keeper, shattered, thats when i promised never to block in a 1 dayer ever again!!

Batting in first class games is the hardest, t20's and one dayers is easy, ya just go and hope for the best, but 1st class you iknow you gotta play patient yet its so bloody riskiy blocking..... i spose in 3 weeks i will look back at this post and think, what was i worried about, this games easy, but right now... damn its challenging

any questions you wanna ask post em because i will be on the boards all day until i finsh this $hit job!!

Rosco, Id love to go watch your boys smash my boys, it sounds like a great afternoon

the game could end in a nil alll draw!! thats how bad we are, and after last night, your boys arnt much better

But unfortunately its Round 1 of my beloved Skye FC this week, and they are unfurling the ressies premiership flag which i was apart of last year so im gunna have to take a rain check.... a little bit of a thing on there for us premiers from last year....

plus, im not sure if i can be apart from my DBC14 for too long.....

----------

its on saturday at 1:40 right?

if it was a sunday game id be right to go!!

Cheers madman, im not sure if i should take advice from a madman though...although i need all the help i can get!

Youv hit the nail on the head by saying once the fielding is fixed career will be epic, cos its a brilliant game but it would be spot on with better fielding.

Well done on making fifty by the way...so effing hard! Haha

really?? how many byes really are in a game.... i wouldnt of even cared if there was none...

seriously, if we want real real real cricket, dont play a computer game, go sign up for your local club

byes and leg byes are irrelevant!!

----------

I raced to 40 off like 22 balls, it took me another 28 balls too make the 10 runs required, it was 1:30 in the morning and i was nervous as all hell

great relief, had a 100 run partnership with glenny maxwell, then i went out on 59, i was devastated, but also pretty happy with myself, was hoping i could sneak a MOM award, but then glenny maxwell went on and hit 130 odd...

really?? how many byes really are in a game.... i wouldnt of even cared if there was none...

seriously, if we want real real real cricket, dont play a computer game, go sign up for your local club

byes and leg byes are irrelevant!!

I think they are a bit relevant but i usually get a couple of leg byes and the odd bye...just like real cricket so i dont know what hes on about

I was on 30 and was the top score in the team so far, maxwell was in with me and i contemplated running him and everyone else out so i could be top scorer, the only thing is you want your team to win so i didnt, then went out next ball and he got 100 haha

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread