How are you doing in your career?

What did you choose for your career player?

• Total voters
Captaining a side is real fun. You could bowl less overs if you want. And also not give the part timers many overs and your regular bowlers can bowl alot.

MOTM is a bit skewed in favor of batsmen.

I don't think so, I am playing as a bowling allrounder and I have won seven MOTM so far withing onme year of career for bowling figures. My batting scores were always less than 20 or 10 most of the times :rolleyes

Have 24 wickets in my first 3 games, but only 9 runs!! lol batting is about 1,000,000 times harder than bowling on this game!!!

Scored my first 50. Chanceless till I got to 46 whereupon there was a close lbw shout and I was also dropped.
Did some good work in the nets and match practice first which really helped my timing. Only 27 balls but no slogging.

Attachments

• IMG_1762.JPG
    IMG_1762.JPG
    89.7 KB · Views: 26
Just got called in to the Aussie squad for a two game test match series against West Indies. Not bad for a 17 year old. My build is a batting all-rounder, bowling wrist spin.

I'm surprised that it puts you in your usual batting position (5 for me) when in reality I've been brought in as a bowler and would prefer to bat lower down the order. My First Class batting average is 3.57, whereas my bowling average is 5.40 at an economy rate of 2.27 (34 5WIs and 13 10WMs in 45 innings). Some bad captaincy robbed me of a greater haul!

Anyway, on debut for Australia I scored bugger all (3 and 5 off 32 balls in total) in the first game and only took 2/42 and 4/55 for the match. I've gotten used to my 8 - 14 wicket hauls but it's a lot harder to bowl without the HUD dials.

I'm not sure how I feel about the removal of the bowling HUD when playing for your country. I get it, but I don't know if I like it.

Curious as to what others think.

oh dear this is really disappointing that you keep the same batting position whether your doing good or bad. I was hoping it would effect you atleast a little bit, as a bowler the highest you can bat is 7 so I was hoping you could move up and down from 7-11 depending on how good or bad you are. trying to work my ass off with the bat as a bowler to move up was something I was looking forward to doing.

Be nice if @BigAntStudios could comment on whether you can move around or your just stuck in the same place forever? potential patch idea if not.

For example if someones a number 6, they aim to be a number 3 or open

Just finished my first BBL with the Heats. Scored a 23 ball 45 chasing down 146 in 16 overs (match reduced due to rain) & took 1 wicket in the semi-final.
Couldn't do much in the final, scored 27 and the Hurricanes won it with ease. :noway
Overall, a good tournament for me. 259 runs with the bat & 19 wickets with the ball.
Getting attention from the English T20 and Fair way off from IPL. :D

No matter what the difficulty on, the bowling HUD should be there as an option to have or not have...even on the hardest setting.If you gotta stop shit in the finest of lines so be it...but it should be an option you can turn on or off...just sayin'.

How do u know if u win man of the match. I got 107 and 5 wickets in a 4 dayer and would have thought I got it

No matter what the difficulty on, the bowling HUD should be there as an option to have or not have...even on the hardest setting.If you gotta stop shit in the finest of lines so be it...but it should be an option you can turn on or off...just sayin'.

Online too. See no reason why you shouldn't be able to have the hud on for online matches. Same goes for the ball circle! Even if the lag and bug issues get sorted for online, im still put off by no hud or ball circles.

Online too. See no reason why you shouldn't be able to have the hud on for online matches. Same goes for the ball circle! Even if the lag and bug issues get sorted for online, im still put off by no hud or ball circles.

It makes it harder and that's only a good thing. I get plenty of wickets online without those things and I'm not a top player. I get enough runs with the bat too, so I'm not sure HUD's or circles are likely to make a big difference. The HUD might be a good idea if an online "beginner" mode is introduced.

Just had easily my best match so far in my career. Durham (my county) vs Middlesex. I bat at 3.

First innings we won the toss and bowled them out for around 180.

Our opening stand was about 270 so there wasn't a huge amount of pressure on me when I walked in, and I put on a partnership of around 70 with the opener until he got out for 178. I continued to grind hard - runs weren't coming too easily - and eventually got my 50 off around 80 balls before holing out to deep extra cover for a hard-fought 55 off 84 deliveries. The #4 bat hit his half century off around 45 balls and we declared on about 470/3.

Middlesex then dug in and posted around 370 or so, leaving us 88 to win. The openers both got out cheaply for under 30 and I was determined to get my first ever n.o. as the top order collapsed around me. At 50-odd for 3 wickets things were looking a bit shaky.

Eventually the bowling side seemed to give up and set some dreadful fields to a paceman bowling back of a length straight ones which I bashed straight back over his head. I finished the match with a 6 to bring up my 50, ending on 53no and winning the match by 7 wickets.

Still no Man of the Match award though :lol

I would do the same, but I'd prefer to learn to bat well first, and hence I haven't moved on from my current career as a bowling all-rounder. I am still in my second year however am a couple rounds into the English competitions. My selection status is as follows:

AUSTRALIA - ODI: very close

AUSTRALIA - T20I: getting attention

AUSTRALIA - TEST: very close

ENGLISH COUNTY CUP: regular member

ENGLISH P40 CUP: regular member

ENGLISH T20 CUP: expecting selection

INDIAN T20 LEAGUE: very close

As I am getting very close to selection in the County P40, can someone tell me at what stage of your career do they make you an offer if your playing a austyralian domestic career?? and how does it work, my selection status is

AUSTRALIA - ODI: Long way off
AUSTRALIA - T20I: no chance
AUSTRALIA - TEST: No chance
ENGLISH COUNTY CUP: long way oiff
ENGLISH P40 CUP: Very close
ENGLISH T20 CUP: Fair way off
INDIAN T20 LEAGUE: fair way off

Career mode.

Standing at the non-striker's end and the batsman on strike plays a defensive stroke. No run is taken as a result.

With my game pad resting on my knee at this point (and untouched by human hand) the programme walks my man out of the crease. Keeper throws to the bowler who promptly stumps me and the umpire raises the finger. Thus ends the first innings of this particular attempt. :noway

Jings!

That's why you always have to press "cancel run" (O in PS3) after the delivery.

As I am getting very close to selection in the County P40, can someone tell me at what stage of your career do they make you an offer if your playing a austyralian domestic career?? and how does it work, my selection status is

AUSTRALIA - ODI: Long way off
AUSTRALIA - T20I: no chance
AUSTRALIA - TEST: No chance
ENGLISH COUNTY CUP: long way oiff
ENGLISH P40 CUP: Very close
ENGLISH T20 CUP: Fair way off
INDIAN T20 LEAGUE: fair way off

I think the stage after 'very close' is 'good chance', then 'expecting selection', 'regular member' etc. You'll get the offer after the Australian domestic season

Users who are viewing this thread