How are you doing in your career?

What did you choose for your career player?

• Total voters
MattW thats gutsy starting on the backfoot to pace bowlers?? Does it work
It's more a matter of timing - I have the most difficulty playing short balls so I find starting on the backfoot helps me a bit there. I still play most of my shots on the front foot.

I'm a career bowler and don't play the other modes that often, so it doesn't really concern me if I bat badly - but I certainly don't get the idea that having your batsman stand ready to play a shot is a bad thing.

---

Anyway, my career is finally starting to progress a bit -
xClzJCv.jpg

First time I've been even vaguely on the radar for Australia, and finally 'getting attention' in the UK. I suppose it'll be another few years before I actually get an offer - but it's a nice little confidence boost after getting yet another 4 wicket haul.

While it sucks reading about people who got in the national team in their first few years, I really like how the matches are turning out playing the career on veteran.

While it sucks reading about people who got in the national team in their first few years, I really like how the matches are turning out playing the career on veteran.

I would do the same, but I'd prefer to learn to bat well first, and hence I haven't moved on from my current career as a bowling all-rounder. I am still in my second year however am a couple rounds into the English competitions. My selection status is as follows:

AUSTRALIA - ODI: very close

AUSTRALIA - T20I: getting attention

AUSTRALIA - TEST: very close

ENGLISH COUNTY CUP: regular member

ENGLISH P40 CUP: regular member

ENGLISH T20 CUP: expecting selection

INDIAN T20 LEAGUE: very close

Who else have been selected for thier national team?
And at what age?
My selection status is as follows:

India - ODI: regular member

India - T20I: getting attention

India - TEST: regular member

ENGLISH COUNTY CUP: core member

ENGLISH P40 CUP: core member

ENGLISH T20 CUP: regular selection

INDIAN T20 LEAGUE: expecting selection

Started my career with Tasmanian Tigers.

As a batsman? In which case very impressive.
I think all mine say "no chance"...
I'm averaging 7, 8 and 9 in the 3 formats.

Just finished my 7th BBL game with the Brisbane Heats.
Scored 187 runs with 2 50's & taken 18 wickets with 2 five-for so far.
It was a must win game for us in order to go to the semis.
So happy to perform both with bat & bowl for the first time and helping my team reach the semis. Hopefully, we can win the semi-final + final and finish the tournament on a high.
Question: Is there any man of the tournament award in career mode?

Last edited:
Just started a new career as an opening batsman. I've done the smart thing and set my preferred skill as front foot. After making successful starts in all the games I've played. I have yet to take that score through to a big score.

Is there anybody else who's having this problem?

As a batsman? In which case very impressive.
I think all mine say "no chance"...
I'm averaging 7, 8 and 9 in the 3 formats.

No as a bowling alrounder. To be honest the moment I knew the game has the career mode feature I had decided to be a bowling alrounder who will come down the order to score some handy quick runs.
My batting average in all the three formats is 11, 11, 10.
Bowling average is 6, 8, 6. For domestic level.
In international level my bowling average in ODI is 12
And in test matches it is 11.27.

Bowling thus get tougher we go at the international level.
I enjoy my batting getting quick runs so no complaints thier.

anyone moved teams and batted in a different place?

Just came out to the crease in a first class match at number 10, we are still 90 odd behind but M.Shannons at the other end going all aggressive so I decide I'll be the blocker and see out some balls. After not scoring for 15 balls but being steady in defense I miss a straight on playing to the leg side. Damn!

Least poor old number eleven gets a bat since he never balls ha

Gotta say I do love the batting going to take some time to master :)

just got fed up with bowling and started a career with durham as an opener. sccored 53 in first match

I'm apparently a "good chance" for test cricket with Australia. Eager for the next test series to roll along so I can make my debut

EDIT: And after my next P40 match I'm now also a good chance for ODIs

Last edited:
Just got called in to the Aussie squad for a two game test match series against West Indies. Not bad for a 17 year old. My build is a batting all-rounder, bowling wrist spin.

I'm surprised that it puts you in your usual batting position (5 for me) when in reality I've been brought in as a bowler and would prefer to bat lower down the order. My First Class batting average is 3.57, whereas my bowling average is 5.40 at an economy rate of 2.27 (34 5WIs and 13 10WMs in 45 innings). Some bad captaincy robbed me of a greater haul!

Anyway, on debut for Australia I scored bugger all (3 and 5 off 32 balls in total) in the first game and only took 2/42 and 4/55 for the match. I've gotten used to my 8 - 14 wicket hauls but it's a lot harder to bowl without the HUD dials.

I'm not sure how I feel about the removal of the bowling HUD when playing for your country. I get it, but I don't know if I like it.

Curious as to what others think.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread