How are you doing in your career?

What did you choose for your career player?

• Total voters
A Bit Harsh

Career mode.

Standing at the non-striker's end and the batsman on strike plays a defensive stroke. No run is taken as a result.

With my game pad resting on my knee at this point (and untouched by human hand) the programme walks my man out of the crease. Keeper throws to the bowler who promptly stumps me and the umpire raises the finger. Thus ends the first innings of this particular attempt. :noway

Jings!

Career mode.

Standing at the non-striker's end and the batsman on strike plays a defensive stroke. No run is taken as a result.

With my game pad resting on my knee at this point (and untouched by human hand) the programme walks my man out of the crease. Keeper throws to the bowler who promptly stumps me and the umpire raises the finger. Thus ends the first innings of this particular attempt. :noway

Jings!

I've had a few frustrating things like this as well. The worse one is probably when facing a spinner and missing a shot off the front foot, you aren't really sure if you're in your crease or not (it looks your foot might be just on the line), so you press circle to get back in your crease and make sure, at which point your batsman decides to run out of the crease by a half-metre, do a U-turn and then return to the crease, meanwhile the keeper has whipped the bails off and you're well out.

It's lead to me getting out a number of times in career mode, either because my batsman has done the above and gotten stumped or I'm too scared to press circle for fear of it happening so I get stumped by a couple of centimetres after missing a drive.

Those of you already scored a few centuries in First Class matches, give us amateurs some tips on how to stay on the crease for a long time and score some runs. I am frequently getting out after scoring 35-40. So far, I have scored only one 50. :facepalm

Those of you already scored a few centuries in First Class matches, give us amateurs some tips on how to stay on the crease for a long time and score some runs. I am frequently getting out after scoring 35-40. So far, I have scored only one 50. :facepalm

Concentration concentration if you loose it take a break! You just can't loose it
Don't touch the aggressive shot buttons
Play only of front foot ! Select it before bowler runs in more time for shot selection

I got that tip from samy and have now 3 fc tons and 1 od
High score 161 of 350 deliverys

Just don't loose the concentration and be patient

Career mode.

Jings!
You have to call no run to get back in your crease at the non strikers don't you? You back up down the crease at the non strikers and can't put the controller down.

Wait for the bad ball and hit boundaries of them. Build your self up in 1s and 2s until you reach 20-30 then your player will have more confidence and you can score more freely. Don't press aggressive or defensive buttons down only put front foot

Sounds like all of you century hitters are premeditating. Enough said about the controls, they need to be fixed for batting.

Just to repeat myself,
What's wrong with 'premeditating'? I know the bowler is going to bowl a ball, so I get ready to play a shot in one of the gaps with the aggressive ground shot, and if it's a fast bowler I'll usually start off the back foot, and for medium and spin, start on the front foot.

Once you're in a position to play a shot it's easier to then adjust to play a better shot or defend then it is to attempt to do everything in the short window.

I think that's perfectly reflective of cricket - you know where you want to play, and how attacking you need to be in the match position - so use that as a starting point.

i tend to play a lot of balls on the leg side, and once the field opens up, i play a couple of good shots in the gaps to get easy 4s...
but yes patience is the most important thing and you can't expect to be aggressive on each ball.

I have recently made my first hundred and since i can barely make a score. Does the game get harder after making a ton or any other reason. i haven't changed my aggression or anything like that. Also how do you get the number in the helmet to change from 1 to 2

I premeditate defence, but then if I see the ball is in the zone I need to hit the gap, then I play the shot. Very similar to my tactics in real cricket when I first walk out. I'm still not actually getting results though, so I'm probably not the most reliable source for advice

MattW thats gutsy starting on the backfoot to pace bowlers?? Does it work

I have still only played 1-2 back foot shots ever!! out of probaly over 100 innings, front foot produces everything i need, except the shots square or down to 3rd man on the offside, scoring runs through there is just too risky for me

Im a gun one day batsman, but unforntunately, the longer form of the game is killing me

Big session tonight, into my 5th year and am close to getting a county P40 contract, but really want to be close to a full time county contract by the end of this season!! ready for a Big BBL stint tonight, need to throw my name into the ring!!

I had my worst moment last night in a 4 day game. Was batting with Kallis (downloaded Sa teams for Aus cup) and we where going nicely with a 50 partnership. I then ran him out on 149 :facepalm. Thought i would need to make it up for my team and score some big runs, and then got run out myself on 49 :facepalm:facepalm

Users who are viewing this thread