How are you doing in your career?

What did you choose for your career player?

• Total voters
It would be nice to see a cutscene if you are getting awarded man of the match at the end of the match in career mode. I got four MOTM so far in one year of career but I would feel more happy if I can see that in a cutscene. Let me know your thoughts about this.:)

Beauty of the cut scene is, after first few times that makes us to feel happy, it becomes repetitive & boring that we will just skip it and go to menu.

I hadn't played career mode before. Just started today with a bowling all rounder. Here is the score, my player is T. Patterson.

PWDxyh0.png

v5YVP95.png

pK3CI0o.png

I got out of a duck when batting but got 11 wickets in the match and man of the match award too. I love spin bowling. :D

I'm currently sucking in the T20. Had some annoying runouts too. One where my player suddenly had no energy and couldn't run a basic single (had only faced 4 balls!) and another where I cancelled a run and watched him stroll back into the crease like he was out for a Sunday walk.

Career mode going awesome for now. 17 year and seleted for my country for both Test and ODI. A bit odd though to be selected at such a young age.

Got 12 wickets in my first game
Bowling is quite easy
Batting got a pair

I'm really enjoying the career mode, very challenging and addictive!

There are a few things that are quite frustrating about the general gameplay which is making the career mode too unrealistic.

1st- In the 2nd innings (county champ) we needed 400+ to win in about a day and I came to the crease with the score 1/2 (runs/wkts). As i looked around at the field, i noticed there were no slips and a dispersed field. Considering the match situation, i didn't feel under any pressure at all and was able to quickly play myself in. The defensive field settings seem default in the first class matches, but I've seen some attacking fields in the one day and T20 formats.

A great aspect of career mode is coming into a unique match situation and having to react to the changing state of a match. This has slightly ruined my early experiences as I know that when I come in I'm not being attacked.

2nd- I've already seen this issue posted a few times, but teams are opening the bowling with batsmen and frequently using them throughout the innings. It would be more realistic knowing there's some kind of bowling plan, rather than just randomly using any player in the team!

3rd- It sometimes appears (when bowling in first class) that your team is in control of the match when suddenly the opposition put on an 8th wicket partnership worth 250 in as many balls and kill off the game. Again, very furstrating and unrealistic!

Overall, I'm really loving the concept and feeling a sense of achievement I've never experienced in a cricket game. However, these few tiny details, which should be standard, are just making things less exciting. I was recently playing on cricket 2007, and there was always a sense of pressure at the start of the innings as 3 slips and a gully waited for an early mistake- any attempts at finding the rope were risky.

If I could arrive at the crease on 14-2, facing a real pace bowler with a full slip cordon, I would certainly relish the challenge! Any thoughts?

. I was recently playing on cricket 2007, and there was always a sense of pressure at the start of the innings as 3 slips and a gully waited for an early mistake- any attempts at finding the rope were risky.

If I could arrive at the crease on 14-2, facing a real pace bowler with a full slip cordon, I would certainly relish the challenge! Any thoughts?

Yes my thoughts are you were probably using one of my fielding patches in C07 :yes

If there was a way to share custom default fields in DBC14 you could do the same again :p

I am fed up with the AI.
58/3 on day 1 of a CC match. I'm 30 not out and my partners do the following
1st ball: attempted slog. Dropped.
2nd ball: attemped slog. Bowled.
3rd ball: (new batter) attempted slog. Caught.

Suddenly we're 58/5 in the 1st innings. I've criticised games in the past for lack of match awareness and this is more of the same.

----------

Edit: I paused it to post this. Ball 4 - slog - out. :facepalm :facepalm

Yes my thoughts are you were probably using one of my fielding patches in C07 :yes

If there was a way to share custom default fields in DBC14 you could do the same again :p

I've not seen anyone edge to a slip so far, the AI players just get caught on the boundary. Some of the default 'aggressive' field settings only have 0/1 slips included

I am fed up with the AI.
58/3 on day 1 of a CC match. I'm 30 not out and my partners do the following
1st ball: attempted slog. Dropped.
2nd ball: attemped slog. Bowled.
3rd ball: (new batter) attempted slog. Caught.

Suddenly we're 58/5 in the 1st innings. I've criticised games in the past for lack of match awareness and this is more of the same.

----------

Edit: I paused it to post this. Ball 4 - slog - out. :facepalm :facepalm

Hi Barmy

Could it be the bowlers in the side because of the mix up ?

My best au batsman in the side are nr 7 8 9

I came so close to hit a hundred (89) but I ran out of partners in the other end. So I had to slog, and obviously got out for 91 off of 83 balls. This was like my 4th match. I had a terrible batting record before that :facepalm. AI needs to be tuned a little.

I hadn't played career mode before. Just started today with a bowling all rounder. Here is the score, my player is T. Patterson.

PWDxyh0.png

v5YVP95.png

pK3CI0o.png

I got out of a duck when batting but got 11 wickets in the match and man of the match award too. I love spin bowling. :D

Were you able to dismiss them with behind the wicket catches? I mean Slip catches/WK catches while you were bowling?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread