How are you doing in your career?

What did you choose for your career player?

• Total voters
I restarted my career after the first patch came out. Now Wk-batsman coming in at 3 for Hampshire. My FC average in season 1 (just before the t20 starts) is around 45, which I'm very pleased with - best score was 147 off 92 deliveries.

ODIs are going well too, my average is around the 40 mark - I've found a rhythm whereby I look to score a single off every delivery but rarely use the lofted shot modifier. Works very nicely and my top score is 79 off 47 - those singles often turn into 2s 3s or 4s if timed and placed well.

T20 is about to start, I'm the highest catch taker in the county cup and all is going well on this career so far.

Feel so silly; just realised last night that batting xp points are given after multiples of 6-balls faced. I could not understand how I had fully balanced big-wheels after long innings, but little or no leg side and backfoot points...

I now use od and t20 formats to up those points as much as I can.

----------

Sorry, meant to say: skill points not xp.

I restarted my career after the first patch came out. Now Wk-batsman coming in at 3 for Hampshire. My FC average in season 1 (just before the t20 starts) is around 45, which I'm very pleased with - best score was 147 off 92 deliveries.

ODIs are going well too, my average is around the 40 mark - I've found a rhythm whereby I look to score a single off every delivery but rarely use the lofted shot modifier. Works very nicely and my top score is 79 off 47 - those singles often turn into 2s 3s or 4s if timed and placed well.

T20 is about to start, I'm the highest catch taker in the county cup and all is going well on this career so far.

I have thought about being a WK, but get the feeling it might get a bit boring after a few games, especially the longer ones. Do you simulate the fielding part at all. Or does it keep you occupied enough to go through the entire innings. Any more info on being WK would be appreciated.

I was actually asking what the issue is;

a) It should not have be an umpires call at all
or
b) the game logic being wrong with regard to how the umpires call is treated

When the ball pitching and the impact are outside the line (for a pace bowler) then I don't think it should be an umpire's call, it should simply wickets hitting. However, the decision can be taken back as the first two are against the umpire decision. Same way, with the human bowling when the pitching and the impact are in line then it should be given as wickets hitting and not umpire call. Correct me if I am wrong.

Hi all

I just want to say that I am loving career mode. Its all I am playing right now in my spare time (forgot all about fifa 14 and the ps4).
Playing for the Bushrangers and Adelaide Strikers ... thus far been really patient and consistent.

For a first release Big Ant have done an excellent job on DBC14 ... hopefully this encourages future releases on PS4 :)

I have thought about being a WK, but get the feeling it might get a bit boring after a few games, especially the longer ones. Do you simulate the fielding part at all. Or does it keep you occupied enough to go through the entire innings. Any more info on being WK would be appreciated.

I simulate all the fielding. I only really decided to be a wicket keeper because I wanted to be a pure batsman but also wanted it to make sense that I never get dropped even when I'm scoring no runs.

I found it really jarring on my pre-patch career that I'd score no runs but never get dropped even though I was contributing nothing to the team. At least as a keeper I still contribute (albeit automatically) even if I'm not scoring any runs.

Had a pretty incredible few games over the weekend. Into my 5th season a number 3 batsman and occasional bowler

Scored 132 off 80 last night in a T20 match, got out on the last ball or else i would have got a not out lol and took 4 wickets (not actually a bowler, number 3 batsman but i captain so just bowl myself for leg spin)

mail

That was the first epic game, then this happened which i was really shocked at..
(Mind you i'm not even a bowler, i just tend to bowl myself in the last overs of all my t20 matches)

- Scored a quick 37 but took 7 wickets for 9 runs, was genuinely shocked when the wickets kept falling because i only bowled 3 overs.
mail

mail

Last edited:

I think we are playing same kind of cricket. What really annoys me is that either I play a shot that goes for boundary or 2 or 3 but hardly I can play a shot for single or option B is simply to block or leave everything.

for e.g. If AI set all fielders to the boundary I would not be able to score a single run as I am not able to keep the ball down and I only play shots where there are clear gaps. I also dont mind doing so but then I dont want to score at S.R. of over 100 in every format apart from T20.

So, was batting and up to 35 or so, kept getting my AI partners run out (even though I thought I improved my method of taking runs to stop this.. nope.. still push them for risky singles or don't sprint to the line when the ball is in the air.. I'll learn, eventually). The batting innings had actually spanned into a second night as I was pacing myself slowly and cautiously.. wife comes home from work last night, comes into the room and starts asking me questions just as they switch up to a spin bowler and facing my second delivery of him, didn't have time to pause the game and ended up timing the shot way too early and get bowled..

I told her the other night (after she got angry at me for giving her a sour look when she was distracting me from playing the game) that it's not the kind of game where I can play and talk to her at the same time like I can with other games. After the above event I even said 'are you going to say sorry?'. Obvious what her response was.. lol

So, was batting and up to 35 or so, kept getting my AI partners run out (even though I thought I improved my method of taking runs to stop this.. nope.. still push them for risky singles or don't sprint to the line when the ball is in the air.. I'll learn, eventually). The batting innings had actually spanned into a second night as I was pacing myself slowly and cautiously.. wife comes home from work last night, comes into the room and starts asking me questions just as they switch up to a spin bowler and facing my second delivery of him, didn't have time to pause the game and ended up timing the shot way too early and get bowled..

I told her the other night (after she got angry at me for giving her a sour look when she was distracting me from playing the game) that it's not the kind of game where I can play and talk to her at the same time like I can with other games. After the above event I even said 'are you going to say sorry?'. Obvious what her response was.. lol

similar happened to me tonight... county game, made a 65 in the first innings, got out at a stupid time, going for quick runs when it was utterly unnecessary and we'd just lost a wicket and should consolidate - tell myself i'm gonna be much better in the second innings; while simming to my next go wife comes in and starts asking me stuff, result that first ball next innings i'm caught and deep third man trying to uppercut for 6 :(

have got selected for aus 50 over, and expecting selection in IPL, apparently very close to t20i selection and getting attention for ODI

Just about to finish season 1 and played my 2nd last gae of the season. A 4 day English county game. For some reason the game should have been a draw, but strangely it decided to give my opposition the "win". Thought, its ok, not the end of the world. Only to get a error message on loading the file and now the save is corrupt. Time to restart i guess.

Had a shocking night last night unfortunately, made abouta couple of ducks, about 6 20's in a row and blew a chance at a hundred going out for 79, woke up this morning and trudged off too work devastated, some nights your just not in the groove, so far the 4th seasons has been my worst, need to put some big innings's together tonight...

Ive been selected for 2 T20 internationals... im worried ive blown my chance though!!

Had a shocking night last night unfortunately, made abouta couple of ducks, about 6 20's in a row and blew a chance at a hundred going out for 79, woke up this morning and trudged off too work devastated, some nights your just not in the groove, so far the 4th seasons has been my worst, need to put some big innings's together tonight...

Ive been selected for 2 T20 internationals... im worried ive blown my chance though!!

I feel your pain bud. After ending my 4th season and fresh off the Pro40 contract, I was hoping to put up some big scores but I barely put together anything of note in the first 3 games and basically throwing my wkt most of the times in desperation to score some runs. I hit rock bottom when I collected a pair, my first one, in the 4th game but finally bounced back by hitting 50s in both the innings in the 5th match, with the second one unbeaten in the 4th innings to win the match for Western Warriors. Hopefully this would be the turning point for me and I will get on a scoring spree.

19 wkts for 9 runs in a match.. its still just my 1st year... started as a delhi player at pro, chose warwickshire when the selection happened...since then wkts hv been coming ridiculously easily... was getting loads earlier too, but atleast took some overs.. in the english county, hv already taken all-10 thrice.

7 matches of the english county - 86 wkts at an avg of 1.58, econ 1.06, SR 8.91..

Just Selected for india at 16.... playing with Sachin !!! :D oops hud's gone

Last edited:
I was doing very well as an opener and was a star player in all teams apart from my international, but decided to restart the career AGAIN as pure batsman, but no 4, because I was never able to finish the game with me being not out.

I swapped whole English teams with Indian Ranji teams. Playing for Punjab as my home club. Played a few games last night and scored 50 in fc and 48 in ODI. I noticed that even though I started new career, but batting seemed a lot easier than before, hopefully I will have better results with this player :)

Users who are viewing this thread