How are you doing in your career?

What did you choose for your career player?

• Total voters
I just can't bat.

my batting average is lower than my bowling average, and considering I'm awesome at bowling and average 7.50 that's really quite bad. still to make over 30 with my career batsman.

Started a career as an opener for Warwickshire (opening with Bell and Trott in at No 3). Was struggling until I realised I could do everything on the front foot (was sticking to back foot shots but didn't have enough power for boundaries). Now I've just scored my first 50 (woo hoo) in a T20 (124 run partnership with Bell). Basically all I'm doing batting wise is:

1. Front foot always
2. just choose the appropriate shot based on where the gaps are. When all else fails, smack it to extra cover for a single.
3. Use the front foot pull shot as much as possible (spinners/pace/med/etc) for easy runs until the AI stacks that side of the field...then switch to the offside.
4. DON'T take on the fielders for a quick single unless you're sure.

Even though I bitch and moan, i still LOVE this game. :thumbs

Started a career as an opener for Warwickshire (opening with Bell and Trott in at No 3). Was struggling until I realised I could do everything on the front foot (was sticking to back foot shots but didn't have enough power for boundaries). Now I've just scored my first 50 (woo hoo) in a T20 (124 run partnership with Bell). Basically all I'm doing batting wise is:

1. Front foot always
2. just choose the appropriate shot based on where the gaps are. When all else fails, smack it to extra cover for a single.
3. Use the front foot pull shot as much as possible (spinners/pace/med/etc) for easy runs until the AI stacks that side of the field...then switch to the offside.
4. DON'T take on the fielders for a quick single unless you're sure.

Even though I bitch and moan, i still LOVE this game. :thumbs

Thats more like it son

and Always hold R2 when running

That's awesome, good effort, some brilliant averages there. I'm about 3 FC games and 4 List A games in to the second season, I've scored 4 50's (91 being the highest) so far this season, and am still not getting attention for the English county sides. This is as a WK Batsman. Did it take your first 100 to break through?

I find it's MOTM awards that make the difference. I'm also a wk batsmen so this does make it a bit tougher to get them but as you progress it gets better

After the elation of starting season two with a fifty and a thirty I was slapped back down to earth last night. For the first time in any mode I seemed to play on an absolute minefield. We were forced to bat first and I made a nineteen ball duck. There were at least six edges in that innings. I've never played on a pitch like it it was turning to the point of being utterly unplayable. Botha was turning it more the the width of the stumps and they started bowling two spinners from about the tenth over. We collapsed for less than 120 in both innings. Anyone else had this sort of scenario? This is the First time I've played where that much spin was in play and that was from the opening session.

just got this game.
starting off as a batting allrounder.
got 67 in my first inning followed by 34 run. in FC
the next 2 other FC i got 12, 25, 5 and 12. lol was because i just didnt take my time like my first innings. the 67 run came off 89 balls.

my od career is off to very poor start. 1st match golden duck and next match 5.

my bowling is also poor dont know much run i got hit for but have 4 wickets in my first 3 matches and 1 wicket in my od and got hit for 109 something runs.

Batting is easy for mr, only if i didnt rush those innings.
looking to boost my avg in both fc n od :) looking for my first century :D

I find it's MOTM awards that make the difference. I'm also a wk batsmen so this does make it a bit tougher to get them but as you progress it gets better

Do you just sim to batting too? Or did you field regularly? I wonder how much that makes a difference. I have a few hours tonight to get stuck in to it, so we'll see how I go.

I must also say thanks for your efforts with the teams also. Absolutely champion.

Last edited:
For the third time, my career has vanished.

It still shows as being on the hard drive, but the game wont recognise it being there and has no careers that I can continue.

I was doing so well too, was in 2nd seasons and very close to ODI team and had made Aus50, BBL and IPL purely as a batter

SO ANNOYED

Damn. It is indeed very annoying. I learnt my lesson the first time and now save to USB every night.

Maybe now you'll do the same? Not that you should have to, of course, but after three times hopefully this is the one that prompts some action!

Do you just sim to batting too? Or did you field regularly? I wonder how much that makes a difference. I have a few hours tonight to get stuck in to it, so we'll see how I go.

I must also say thanks for your efforts with the teams also. Absolutely champion.

I also sim the fielding. I tried for a while but it really does take forever. I guess the main reason I have not made the test team is due to lack of MOTM awards. Despite how many runs I get Shaun Marsh(I play for WA) always tends to get a double ton and thus gets the award.

Thanks a lot.

Is what you are arguing that it should not have be an umpires call at all, rather than the game logic being wrong with regard to how the umpires call is treated?

So how this is gonna be fixed. I got a couple decisions reversed in casual games (No offesne). But this is not happening in career mode at all.

Finally, Finally, Finally scored my first 50+ in a 4 day. I get somewhat impatient and usually find myself trying to rush in the longer version of the game. Thus leading to stupid mistakes. Eventually got out at 100, but did cost my team 2 batsman with silly runouts.

So how this is gonna be fixed. I got a couple decisions reversed in casual games (No offesne). But this is not happening in career mode at all.

I was actually asking what the issue is;

a) It should not have be an umpires call at all
or
b) the game logic being wrong with regard to how the umpires call is treated

See some people still complain about running. I personally find it really easy. There are quick singles and twos available despite the superhuman fielding - you just have to back yourself and mix up holding R2 with not holding it. If you want to go for a two don't hold R2 when approaching the end of the pitch - you'll run past the crease. If you are completing your final run though make sure you hold R2 at the end to slide in, just to be sure you don't fall victim to the classic slow-down. Following these two simple concepts, and making sure I know the fields, and I never have run-outs.

I'd also note, just slightly pulling in R2 is good enough to give a little bit of a boost - if you pull it all the way down all the time, you'll kill your stamina meter.

I press down R2 when running between the wickets, and hold the right shoulder button when bowling - I'm pretty sure neither effects stamina from gauging the stamina bar over the course of an innings. Ive made hundreds without batsman fatigue going past 15%, and that's sprinting for every run.

Nice loving the T20

Avg of 40
Strike Rate of 254.40 - Cant go wrong
Highest score 70 odd
Fastest 50 is 16 balls

cant go wrong to much

Users who are viewing this thread