How are you doing in your career?

What did you choose for your career player?

• Total voters
Anyone else find it near impossible to hit the ball into the midwicket area? Mine always go to square leg if I aim down there, any tips? On other terms, I'm on the edge of being picked for the English test team for my bowling performances instead of batting as a batting allrounder :D.

I find it impossible to hit that area of field as well. sometimes the spinner is on and there is no fielder between deep mid-on and square leg, and I can never utilize on that area. Even with pacers, I find it impossible to hit that area...

I would really appreciate some tips and tricks to help play shots in midwicket area

After my 3rd completed season as an opening Batsman for the Vics this is where i stand, Got a English One Day and T20 contract, close to both the Aussie Short form teams (ODI & T20) and close to an IPL offer also:

DBC14 Current Stats 4.png

So the West Indies tour of Australia ended in disaster, we were spanked in every format. It just seemed no matter what we did they were just batting bowling and fielding better than we were. Then got to play an ODI and T20I series against New Zealand, won those comprehensively 3-0 both series. I was then selected to play against Zimbabwe, we won the test match, won the ODI series 3-0 and I was also appointed the T20I captain of the Australian team. Was pretty pumped, got 60,000 career points for the appointment.

I was mildly cautious when we lost our first T20 match against them, but managed to fight back to win the series 2-1. I'm not playing my second FC match for the season as WA (Round 12 at this point...) was batting well until I got out for 30 playing a full toss to silly mid off. Also captained the Melbourne Stars to their first BBL win (didn't even choke in the finals! :lol)

My current rankings:
Australia Domestic League: Star Member
Australia Domestic ODI: Star Member
Australia Domestic T20: Star Member
Australia Test: Core Member
Australia ODI: Core Member
Australia T20I: Star Member
IPL: Star Member

I'm just a simple fast-medium bowler so it's got me buggered how I got this high in my 2nd season.

I honestly think you shouldn't be captain of your international side (or even county/state) side at 19 I reckon the youngest should be about 23 their not just gonna say " Who cares about Michael Clarke This 18 year old should be captain" BA should fix this in patch 2.

bowling is easy in career mode & have already got a couple of 5wk games. in my first season with Essex as an alrounder batting nbr 4

Batting is hard esp against spin but its all about patients (which i have none lol)

I honestly think you shouldn't be captain of your international side (or even county/state) side at 19 I reckon the youngest should be about 23 their not just gonna say " Who cares about Michael Clarke This 18 year old should be captain" BA should fix this in patch 2.

Just to clarify, I'm in my second year so I am 17.
I do find the idea of a teenager captaining an International Team quite bizarre though.

I've mentioned before that T20 is my favourite match type in the career mode - the very short space of time to have an impact makes all the matches really tense - and you get a lot of situations where there's a very tight run chase.

This year I decided to move from Hobart, who I've played for up to now, to go to the Thunder. It had an instant effect - first match in I got a Man of the Match 5/14, and followed it up with another MOTM 4 wicket haul.

I had one go with the bat - we needed 13 to win off 11 balls - I hit a six on the first ball, but then tried advancing - slightly mistimed it and hit it straight to the fielder on the boundary. Ended up losing the match.

My economy also got far better - even bowling my first career T20 maiden over!

Final stats for the season, 7 matches - 15 wickets at a 9.60 SR, a 7.93 average and 4.95 economy.

That performance got me bumped up to 'Getting Attention' in the English league - which now means all of them are there. I have had the County Championship up to 'Very Close' a few times now, but then a bad innings drops me down.

I'm a member on all formats, Aussie league, IPL and International

I'm an all rounder, but with terrible batting averages:facepalm, I think my finger spin bowling is what got me those contracts

Starting to notice a vary worrying trend in my career. The less overs for the match type the higher my average. i am a opening batsman and dont bowl.
All these so far are for Northampton (still in my first year)
T20 - Avg 65 (2 x 100's and 3 x 50's)
50 ov - Avg 35 (1 x 50)
4 Day - Avg 24 (nothing)

Strangely it feels as though my batsman hits harder the shorter the format. But maybe its just me :yes I still need to do alot of work on facing the spinners though. Cause they are mostly my downfall.

Hey Guys :wave, I need some tips from you guys on how can you determine the change in pace by the bowler. I have noticed it several times, if I hit a one or a couple of boundaries in an over the fast bowler is suddenly reducing the pace and the spin bowler is increasing the pace which results in an early shot or a late shot and the ball goes in the air :noway (I won't use L2 button at all). How can we determine the change in pace.

I have played 2 four days and 2 one day in the new career [Legend difficulty] and have 10WM in both the matches and 3 5WI in the four days and 2 ,6 wickets in each one day...

Just got my first 10WI - ended up with 9/12 and 10/35. I'm 'very close' to playing county cricket and hoping to play for Australia before I turn 17!

Just played my 1st 2 games for the Aussie T20 side

So proud of myself!!

Made 41 on debut, followed that up with a 10

I have noticed a massive difference in quality thats for sure...

Have anyone noticed that the Umpires Call (LBW) decisions are always going in favour of AI batsmen and always going against the career player.

1. I was given LBW and when I reviewed, the ball was pitched outside off and the impact was made outside off the ball was just clipping the bails, It was given as umpires call and the decision was not taken back

2. I was given LBW and in review showed that the ball was pitched outside leg stump impact was made in line and the ball touching the outer past of off stump and was given out as umpires call

3. Umpire did not give LBW when I appealed. When I reviewed, the ball was pitched in line and the impact was made in line and the ball was hitting outer part of the leg stump (given as umpires call). But the decision was not taken back and the batsman was not out

4. Umpire did not give LBW when I appealed, when I reviewed the ball was pitched in line and the impact was mde in line and the ball was clipping the bails (as happened in situation #1 and it was umpires call). But the decision was not taken back and the batsman was not out

These instances did not happened once or twice. These happened several times and makes me feel like the review system is kept in the game just for name sake and there is no use of it. As per my knowledge the LBW deceision will be given only if the ball was pitched in line and the imapct was made in line and the ball hitting any part of the stump. The situation #1 & #2 is confusing me as to what is th actual rule for LBW

Have anyone noticed that the Umpires Call (LBW) decisions are always going in favour of AI batsmen and always going against the career player.

1. I was given LBW and when I reviewed, the ball was pitched outside off and the impact was made outside off the ball was just clipping the bails, It was given as umpires call and the decision was not taken back

2. I was given LBW and in review showed that the ball was pitched outside leg stump impact was made in line and the ball touching the outer past of off stump and was given out as umpires call

3. Umpire did not give LBW when I appealed. When I reviewed, the ball was pitched in line and the impact was made in line and the ball was hitting outer part of the leg stump (given as umpires call). But the decision was not taken back and the batsman was not out

4. Umpire did not give LBW when I appealed, when I reviewed the ball was pitched in line and the impact was made in line and the ball was clipping the bails (as happened in situation #1 and it was umpires call). But the decision was not taken back and the batsman was not out

These instances did not happened once or twice. These happened several times and makes me feel like the review system is kept in the game just for name sake and there is no use of it. As per my knowledge the LBW decision will be given only if the ball was pitched in line and the imapct was made in line and the ball hitting any part of the stump. The situation #1 & #2 is confusing me as to what is th actual rule for LBW

It is the BARS replicating the real DRS as the decision of umpire's matters and if given out ,its out when its hitting partly and given umpire's call...Will be called not out if the umpire calls so in the above scenario....That's how DRS works...

Reversed umpire decision today...Bowled a flighted delivery but looked outside leg to the naked eye but thought would go for the BARS and it was pitching more than half in the line and the decision got reversed..

It is the BARS replicating the real DRS as the decision of umpire's matters and if given out ,its out when its hitting partly and given umpire's call...Will be called not out if the umpire calls so in the above scenario....That's how DRS works...

Reversed umpire decision today...Bowled a flighted delivery but looked outside leg to the naked eye but thought would go for the BARS and it was pitching more than half in the line and the decision got reversed..

I can agree with you if the ball has pitched in line or some where close to the line. But in my scenario, the ball was nowhere near the line and the impact was outside the line as well. How can there be a umpires call where 2out of 3 reason for LBW (Ball pitching, Impact and Wickets) are against the umpires decision. I am talking about the pace bowlers here if I have to be more precise

Users who are viewing this thread