How are you doing in your career?

What did you choose for your career player?

• Total voters
Anyone else find it near impossible to hit the ball into the midwicket area? Mine always go to square leg if I aim down there, any tips? On other terms, I'm on the edge of being picked for the English test team for my bowling performances instead of batting as a batting allrounder :D.

First List A 100! Made 105 (46) Everybody else was falling like flies. Still got MOTM despite losing.

This is the worst catch you can ever see in DBC 14. There is no point in playing Career mode if AI can take your wicket in these ways. :noway

I don't think it's fair to call that AI cheating, it's just a bit of animation clipping that is present in every video game. You wouldn't have noticed it without the interactive replay feature, but everyone loves the replays even if they do expose some minor things like that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is this working right? I'm playing on one of the English domestic teams and most of the best players are not selected. I have downloaded the "best" teams in the academy and everything seems to be properly linked and the lineups are as expected, but once I go into career I am out on the pitch with the dregs of the squad.

Yes, I have the patch.

I know this is not about how I am doing in career mode but mod seems to want it here so I would appreciate any help.

I know this is not about how I am doing in career mode but mod seems to want it here so I would appreciate any help.

if what it is you're expecting the internationals to be in the team, i think you'll find the creator has left them out of the roster because typically the internationals don't appear for their county/state that much in county championship/sheffield shield games

if what it is you're expecting the internationals to be in the team, i think you'll find the creator has left them out of the roster because typically the internationals don't appear for their county/state that much in county championship/sheffield shield games

Thanks, that may be it, although it isn't just one or two so it would have to be anyone who had ever played for their country rather than the current international squad. I'll check.

Just signed for a Shield side and it's a whole different world as a legspinning allrounder.

Averaged 6 wickets per match for Essex in the County Championship. Took 11 in my first shield match and am currently 7-35 from a score of 202/7 in my 3rd Shield innings. Bowling in Australia is easy.

----------

Sorry. 8-35.

----------

Nope 9-35

----------

And I've done it 10-37 in an innings of 204. 21 wickets in 3 innings. Love the Shield.

Started a new career (anyone surprised).

Medium pace batting all rounder on.. that difficulty level between pro and Legend.. whatever it's called. First few bats was horrible, but then I had to innings in a 4 day match where I actually started to get comfortable.. not a single bad shot played. Got out first time on 35ish when I tried to play to the totally open on side, played in the 'ideal' window accidentially and skied it to the outfield for a simple catch. Next innings went for a very wide shot off the spinner and probably played it too late and ended up nicking it to the wicket keeper.. ugh.

Now I want to restart a career with a pure batsman again.. really love batting with how rewarding it is when you get some runs on the board.. but no.. must stick with it.. skills will improve eventually!

Started a new career (anyone surprised).

Medium pace batting all rounder on.. that difficulty level between pro and Legend.. whatever it's called. First few bats was horrible, but then I had to innings in a 4 day match where I actually started to get comfortable.. not a single bad shot played. Got out first time on 35ish when I tried to play to the totally open on side, played in the 'ideal' window accidentially and skied it to the outfield for a simple catch. Next innings went for a very wide shot off the spinner and probably played it too late and ended up nicking it to the wicket keeper.. ugh.

Now I want to restart a career with a pure batsman again.. really love batting with how rewarding it is when you get some runs on the board.. but no.. must stick with it.. skills will improve eventually!

just started season 4 of t20... finished last seasoon with back to back 50s and won BBL selection. started this season with 3 first ballers in a row. FML

So whilst well set my batsmen was run out via the glitch. Then second innings he was then caught and bowled via a ridiculous 1 handed catch that was taken outside the width of the wicket couple this with my stupendously high wicket taking abilities ( the ai is terrible) and you have a concoction that is best described as shocking i didnt expect much from this game as its from a small dev but im really quite dissapointed

I have played as a batting Allrounder, bowling left arm wrist spin, killed it, bowled so many 10-15 wicket matches (four dayers), but my batting was horrendous. So I thought after the patch, I would start a new career as a number 4 keeper batsman. My first year I averaged 15/13/18 (List A, FC, T20) with top scores over 41/40/56, so far only two games in to my second season but I got a first ball duck in the first game , then went on to play an innings of 35 then got out in the nervous 90's on 91 accidentally playing a cut shot instead of a cover drive (user input error). I was quite anxious during the 70's until I ended up getting out, it's so engrossing, and makes you feel real disappointment when you don't quite make your milestones. I've also noticed even having some decent scores, I'm still not getting recognised by even the English county sides, but not to worry, we have 19 seasons to go haha

Got a really cool wicket that I'll try and stick on youtube if it looks any good after I edit it...

My team is doing genuinely really good in the County Championship: look at this.

Notts vs Sussex
Sussex win by 10 wickets: chasing 27 in the second innings after scoring 489 in the first innings (Wells scoring 215) and making Notts follow on (my career bowler got 4-28 and 4-51)

Surrey vs Sussex
Sussex won by 286 runs: scored 553/9dec in the first innings: didn't have Surrey follow on not that it mattered since they were chasing 500+ in the second innings chase. My career guy got his highest score of 11 in the second innings (not that this is very important as a number 9 bowler)

Sussex vs Warwickshire
Sussex won by an Innings and 3 Runs. Got 493 in the first innings: my career player got 8/50 (those eight being the first eight batsmen in turn: the last two was a runout and Luke Wright) and 5/80 which is pretty nice!

Sussex vs Derbyshire
Sussex won by 10 wickets; scored 459 (152 by Ed Joyce); chased down 10 in the second innings

Sussex vs Middlesex
Sussex won by an innings and 13 runs: scored 469 in the first innings (Matt Prior got 243 not out) and I got 5-51 in the first innings...

Is that just my career team being very lucky: or is Sussex a little OP?

I've noticed there are some very OP teams just in the way they perform.. wondering what the skill set of the players have actually been assigned. Yes, really need to work on that spreadsheet (i.e. start).

Famous last words

Going through my career batsman's head the ball he went out

1. I'll just flick this one off my pads

2. I'll just sneak this one past the bowler

3. I'll just squeeze this one between cover and mid on

4. I'll just hit this one over the top of that close mid on

He is starting to learn some valuable lessons after 3 seasons.

If square leg is up , you can never play a shot on the leg side. (He will catch you eventually)

The bowler is a freak and can and will catch anything in the air within 10 metres of the stumps no matter how hard you hit it.

Never play a shot anywhere near a fielder within catching distance (you will mistime one eventually)

Never touch the LT (unless you want have some brief fun before someone runs from 60 metres away to take the catch)

There are 2 safe places to hit the ball , into a gap , or towards a fieldsman on the boundary , anywhere else and you are rolling the dice.

So the West Indies tour of Australia ended in disaster, we were spanked in every format. It just seemed no matter what we did they were just batting bowling and fielding better than we were. Then got to play an ODI and T20I series against New Zealand, won those comprehensively 3-0 both series. I was then selected to play against Zimbabwe, we won the test match, won the ODI series 3-0 and I was also appointed the T20I captain of the Australian team. Was pretty pumped, got 60,000 career points for the appointment.

I was mildly cautious when we lost our first T20 match against them, but managed to fight back to win the series 2-1. I'm not playing my second FC match for the season as WA (Round 12 at this point...) was batting well until I got out for 30 playing a full toss to silly mid off. Also captained the Melbourne Stars to their first BBL win (didn't even choke in the finals! :lol)

My current rankings:
Australia Domestic League: Star Member
Australia Domestic ODI: Star Member
Australia Domestic T20: Star Member
Australia Test: Core Member
Australia ODI: Core Member
Australia T20I: Star Member
IPL: Star Member

I'm just a simple fast-medium bowler so it's got me buggered how I got this high in my 2nd season.

Users who are viewing this thread