How are you doing in your career?

What did you choose for your career player?

• Total voters
Just had my best innings yet: 203 off 46 deliveries in a 40 over game. FUN. Thank goodness for lower difficulty levels in career. :-)

Doesn't that kind of defeat the point of playing? Where are you going to go from there when your player supposedly improves?

On a random note, Steam has just enlightened me about the existence of a game called Goat Simulator - "Goat Simulator is the latest in goat simulation technology, bringing next-gen goat simulation to YOU. You no longer have to fantasize about being a goat, your dreams have finally come true! WASD to write history." - My mind is blown, haha! :lol

Doesn't that kind of defeat the point of playing? Where are you going to go from there when your player supposedly improves?

On a random note, Steam has just enlightened me about the existence of a game called Goat Simulator - "Goat Simulator is the latest in goat simulation technology, bringing next-gen goat simulation to YOU. You no longer have to fantasize about being a goat, your dreams have finally come true! WASD to write history." - My mind is blown, haha! :lol

There's around 10x the market for Goats than for a Cricket game on a PC by my reckoning... :)

Mixed start to my career as a batting all-rounder for Surrey, 12 wickets in first two first class games, however a disappointing 2 ducks and only 26 runs total batting, looks like work is needed. :(

Just scored my 7th career 50, but most importantly, my first since the difficulty went up to Veteran after I had my 5th and 6th in back to back innings. That was 2/3 of a season ago, haha! It was by far my slowest too. I was at the crease for about an hour and a half in-game, taking quick singles at the start of the over, then having to wait patiently at the non-strikers end while my partner blocked for the next 5 balls, haha! Three wickets fell in the time it took me to reach it, so I was really close to my first first-class not-out, but alas, I got myself caught behind as soon as I reached the milestone. Both my 6th and 7th half centuries were out for 50 exactly, haha! It was nice that it was against Durham though, who smashed me all over the park last time we met. Now I need to perform with the ball here though.

just take 6/10 wickets in t20 also have hatrick and the 3rd wicket i took on in swing yorker that was just like shoib akhter style bold the way hi clean bold sachin...

If you start a career on amateur at what point do you go up a level?

When you get selected for either a T20 or other first class competition

There's around 10x the market for Goats than for a Cricket game on a PC by my reckoning... :)

there's more of a market for driving trucks than for cricket.

ets2 is a very chill game though.

When you get selected for either a T20 or other first class competition

So as I'm starting in English domestic I won't go up until I get a IPL/Aussie contract?

Managed a match saving 58* from 104 balls earlier in the final of the Australian 4 day series. Came in around 2.45pm and survived around 35 or so overs to earn a draw. Then hit 12 from 5 balls trying to win the 1 day final in Australia, got caught by mid off going back when needing 16 off 15, we went and drew that game as well but we lost by the fact they finished ahead I think.

Then got my 1st offer for IPL and joined KKR as my preferred team RCB didn't want to sign me.

2 matches so far

2 0s in 4 day test
1 0 is 40 over odi

however... for some reason comp controlled players r scared of my bowling and not swinging... 15 wickets in the 1st test and 5 in 40 overs odi..:p

few pointers in batting?

Slow start

I'm just not patient enough is my problem. After a few matches I've got to 45 with a 50 partnership and I really love the first person acknowledgement (with Cook as my batting partner). It's the things like that which really draw you into the game and feel part of it!

As ever, I get impatient and play an aggressive shot that is my undoing - but you know what? If I get done because *I'm* not playing well then that's just brilliant! As opposed to other mass market games like Fifa where the game outcome is pretty much pre-defined and you're just clinging on for the ride.

Big Ant - would you consider making a football game?! :)

Up a difficulty level?

Point was that I came in with the game lost. I did what I had to do, but then my teammates let me down in the last over.
To be fair though, I got MOTM.

Users who are viewing this thread