How are you doing in your career?

What did you choose for your career player?

• Total voters
Good on you mate, keep it going!!! Patience is definitely a virtue in this (awesome) game

Thanks. Batting is definitely what is the win or lose factor in this game (maybe not entirely in Career, but my 65 saved my team from getting less than 220 in 40 overs). That being said, I haven't done much fielding as yet, I tend to sim to my overs as a bowler.

nmg9k0.jpg

It rains without much cloud cover and in sunshine, seen this many times in career mode, yet to see those dark clouds someone earlier posted.

BBL

2nd Year of my cerrer Just Fines BBL Bet Perth scorchers by 111 runs I Am Playing A allrounder knock in BBL

Attachments

• 2014-07-07_00053.jpg
    2014-07-07_00053.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 29
  • 2014-07-07_00057.jpg
    2014-07-07_00057.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 20
  • 2014-07-07_00089.jpg
    2014-07-07_00089.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 24
  • 2014-07-07_00098.jpg
    2014-07-07_00098.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 22
  • 2014-07-07_00100.jpg
    2014-07-07_00100.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 16
Playing a one day game in career mode, and end up seeing England play in whites :facepalm

It will have been your Academy set up in place when you started your career.

Seriously... :facepalm:facepalm:facepalm:facepalm

Restarted a career as a Batting Allrounder with medium pace bowling as a 21 year old. I really appreciate the inclusion of this in the latest patch because i didnt think i would get enough game time to actually get through a whole career starting at 16! Although I have to say i found it a little weird to be on the radar of IPL & England without having played a single competitive game of cricket, how is that worked out, on stats or something?

I have to again congratulate Big Ant on this latest patch because I can finally enjoy bowling again, nothing felt cheap and i really worked hard to get into my stride and got 2 nicks behind off shorter balls to get my first ever bowling figures of 2-20 after 8 overs these would be my only wickets in the 1 4 day game i played and 1 40 over game, i think overall so far i am 2-45 off 16 overs or something like that.

Batting is as immersive as ever and you really feel the pressure, in my first innings i was very cautious and blocking to get set and try and find an opportunity to score my first runs, 20 minutes later i am on 24 balls faced and still haven't managed to score a run, all of a sudden i find the opportunity and start running... faster... only to be run out about 6 inches away from the crease. what a melon. the desperation had set in and i went for it and failed haha.

In my next innings i managed a 16 off 31 balls before getting done LBW mistiming an attempted back foot clip to square leg, a shot that i scored a 4 off the previous ball and got overconfident and tried again.

This game really gets into your head :cheers

Deleted my existing career (Legend difficulty) after my career player was in his 11th year as a no. 3 batsman and an occasional wrist spinner. Was doing decently at intl level with 10 100s in odis and 2 in T20Is with an average in mid 30s for odis and 37 odd in T20Is.

In the new career (Legend difficulty) started post patch 2, my career player is a no. 3 batsman with Essex and an occasional fast bowler. Played just one FC game so far and scored 99 and 124 in the two innings with the match being drawn. In longer format (Tests & FC), batting is a lot easier as you can bide your time and wait for the fields to open up before playing shots that go in the air (pull/hook & cut). Let's see how things go in the shorter formats as that's where the airy shots caused me problems last time round and I decided to reboot my career.

Indian T20

how long or how many points do i have to have to play in the Indian T20?

how long or how many points do i have to have to play in the Indian T20?

I don't think points or duration has much of a bearing on national selection. It depends on the formats you are good at, and you will get selected in those formats. I made it to national team in my 5th (or 6th) year in T20Is followed by odis. For Tests, I was still getting "Long Way Off" message for Test selection even in my 11th year.

Again, I was a pure batsman who seldom got a bowl and looks like it's tougher to break into national team if you are a pure batsman. Earlier you had a better chance of being selected as a bowler or an all-rounder but things may have changed now. But it stands to reason that an all-rounder will have a better chance of getting selected early since you can impress in two disciplines as opposed to just one.

I don't think points or duration has much of a bearing on national selection. It depends on the formats you are good at, and you will get selected in those formats. I made it to national team in my 5th (or 6th) year in T20Is followed by odis. For Tests, I was still getting "Long Way Off" message for Test selection even in my 11th year.

Very similar situation as a pure batsman

In my 4th year and selected for Intl T20. Very close in Intl ODIs.
But long way off in even English First Class and Tests.

I find it really difficult to string a series of consistent First class performances,. Averaging 25ish after 150 odd innings. Have 5 centuries but just one MOTM in 4 years. As opposed to a healthy 32-35 average in T20 and List A and several MOTM awards.

Very similar situation as a pure batsman

In my 4th year and selected for Intl T20. Very close in Intl ODIs.
But long way off in even English First Class and Tests.

I find it really difficult to string a series of consistent First class performances,. Averaging 25ish after 150 odd innings. Have 5 centuries but just one MOTM in 4 years. As opposed to a healthy 32-35 average in T20 and List A and several MOTM awards.

With patch 2 the situation may be about to be reversed. As I mentioned in my earlier post, I started a new career as a no. 3 bat and in my first FC game I was able to score 99 and 124! It was coz I was able to bide my time and block a few when AI set a ring field and only played shots when the gaps were there so the balls hit in the air won't get me dismissed.

However, such a strategy may not work in shorter formats, especially T20Is or in odis when asking rate is on the higher side and you don't have the luxury to block a few. Will report back once I have played a few shorter format games in my new career but IMO it would be easiest to get a call up in Tests followed by odis and finally T20Is as a pure batsman.

Last edited:
Must admit since patch 2 I've been really enjoying batting (amateur) started a new career as pure batsman #3 and ave over 40 in 1st class and list a! Have definately noticed more shots going in the air when cutting/pulling although there does seem to be a lot of dropped catches so it evens out, don't seem to hit them in the air so much in the nets, so if its just a timing issue it must be a quicker bowling machine as I'm obviously too early out in the middle. Great work BA, haven't had any problems with the bugs mentioned as yet although I have seen the batsman doin the stuttering shuffle!!

got 100(109*) on debut in twenty20

this is my 7th hundred in career in 19 innings.
5 in fc
1 in la
1 in t20

Deleted my existing career (Legend difficulty) after my career player was in his 11th year as a no. 3 batsman and an occasional wrist spinner. Was doing decently at intl level with 10 100s in odis and 2 in T20Is with an average in mid 30s for odis and 37 odd in T20Is.

In the new career (Legend difficulty) started post patch 2, my career player is a no. 3 batsman with Essex and an occasional fast bowler. Played just one FC game so far and scored 99 and 124 in the two innings with the match being drawn. In longer format (Tests & FC), batting is a lot easier as you can bide your time and wait for the fields to open up before playing shots that go in the air (pull/hook & cut). Let's see how things go in the shorter formats as that's where the airy shots caused me problems last time round and I decided to reboot my career.

That's good work, man.

Do you have any hints about how you're playing early in the innings? It's finally clicked that I need to leave more, and only play at what I have to - but I still edge and play on to the stumps regularly.

That's good work, man.

Do you have any hints about how you're playing early in the innings? It's finally clicked that I need to leave more, and only play at what I have to - but I still edge and play on to the stumps regularly.

I play as usual till they block the leg side with Square Leg and Mid Wkt. Then I either play through the off side if there's a gap or block the deliveries. In longer format it's easy to bat as you can take your time and not hit the ball in the air unless there's a gap. IMO real test would come when I play shorter formats coz that's where I faced issues last time round.

Users who are viewing this thread