How are you doing in your career?

What did you choose for your career player?

• Total voters
Started career as a 16 year old batsman for Delhi. After 60+ hours of gameplay and 10 years of my career player, I am still just a struggling batsman for Delhi with FC career avg of under 15. It is not just a problem with my batting though. Just to check this, I made another career as a batting allrounder at pro and blasted 80 of 30 balls in my first match. Felt like I was using some cheat mode. I just can't come to terms with batting on legend. On pro and veteran, just playing on front foot would do, but in legend there are too many edges on front foot. So I decided to play everyone but spinners on backfoot and spinners on front foot. But my backfoot skill is not good yet so I am still struggling:(

I do think it's a big bogus that you can't keep your cut shot down but not sure if that will come with better skills?

Dont know if it will come of not but it seriously getting to me. It was much more balanced before, If you timed the pull/cut etc, it would go on the ground, if not in the air pretty much. Now its in the air pretty much always regardless of timing, atleast for me. This is som I have tested in practice.

Dont know if it will come of not but it seriously getting to me. It was much more balanced before, If you timed the pull/cut etc, it would go on the ground, if not in the air pretty much. Now its in the air pretty much always regardless of timing, atleast for me. This is som I have tested in practice.

Yeah, I also spent some time in the nets working out if you could hit the cut shot DOWN. Couldn't manage it.

The animation of the player doesn't really hit down on the ball so I guess it looks "right" but it a frikken high risk shot at this point. Just gotta put it away for now.

Yeah, I also spent some time in the nets working out if you could hit the cut shot DOWN. Couldn't manage it.

The animation of the player doesn't really hit down on the ball so I guess it looks "right" but it a frikken high risk shot at this point. Just gotta put it away for now.

Well the problem is if you take out cut, late cut (through 3rd man), pull, hook and straight drive out, it leaves very few shots.

Currently fighting for survival in a FC game against Victoria. Set a massive target of 538 with half a days play at the present, with 7 wickets in hand. My partner in crime Phil Hughes is on 69* and I am on 64* batting at number 5... doing our best to grind down the target but I think we are at best going to have to play it out for a draw.

Edit: I should note we are at 3/226 with about 3 hours left in the day

Well, we fought hard. Hughes got himself run out on 88 and it all went to buggery from there. I notched my first FC ton which I was very proud of, in the end had a soft dismissal on 133 and we ended up almost imploding, but managing the draw on 9/404

yFzK4nfYl31pAuv7phKh-PObOhPOMtpZOvaEeh10BpaVrrxjU0sEQOXmmectLSBrCsIqzQ=w1656-h710

(Yes I'm aware I play using default names, player names do not bother me!)

^ Aha..SA is the team I chose at the start of my career too :D

Looking at the poll here it seems that there's far more batsmen than bowlers - I wonder if that's due to previous cricket games where bowling was a bit of a chore and got pretty boring... That's not the case with this game for me, I enjoy both sides of the game, maybe even prefer bowling! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Looking at the poll here it seems that there's far more batsmen than bowlers - I wonder if that's due to previous cricket games where bowling was a bit of a chore and got pretty boring... That's not the case with this game for me, I enjoy both sides of the game, maybe even prefer bowling! :)

I have three careers going!:p

A spin bowling allrounder
A pure batsman
A pure fast bowler....

Depends what I feel like as to what career I fire up!

the umpire gave this out off my bowling, so the umpires are not 100% correct and that's a good thing.

Which is even better if you can challenge the umpire - tho obviously its not available in all matches.

Just got my maiden 100 for NSW vs Queenslan, 100 from 72 runs from 217/8 - came in at 89/6 so really pleased. Think my average is currently 21 or so. Gonna have to save the game and continue tomorrow as i've got to go to work now :noway

Last edited by a moderator:
1000 career runs in First Class :cheers
matches 7
innings 11
runs 1000:D
avg 100.00:cheers
100 5
50 1

last 6 innings score
371,131,100,61,154,169*

Got some form while batting

I started a Bowling All-Rounder and my bowling form is pretty good, but I've been battling with batting, as many of you have.

I hit the nets (away from career), hit the practice field, and played a few casual games to get some practice.

I restarted my career and failed dismally in my first 4 day test, only scoring 4 runs in the two innings, but amazingly found form in the next match, a 40 over a side match. I stuck it out, started really slowly and ended up with 65 not out off 45 balls at the end of the game. I was timing the ball extremely well, felt really good.

Will see how I do during the rest of my career and will post again after playing 5 years or so into it.

I started a Bowling All-Rounder and my bowling form is pretty good, but I've been battling with batting, as many of you have.

I hit the nets (away from career), hit the practice field, and played a few casual games to get some practice.

I restarted my career and failed dismally in my first 4 day test, only scoring 4 runs in the two innings, but amazingly found form in the next match, a 40 over a side match. I stuck it out, started really slowly and ended up with 65 not out off 45 balls at the end of the game. I was timing the ball extremely well, felt really good.

Will see how I do during the rest of my career and will post again after playing 5 years or so into it.

Good on you mate, keep it going!!! Patience is definitely a virtue in this (awesome) game.

Users who are viewing this thread